Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quick Query re World Adventures Locations

I'm just curious if anyone knows if the pathing issues introduced with Generations have been corrected in the vacation worlds yet? I actually haven't sent a sim on holiday since this happened as it was so painful to actually travel with them.
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi :)

Which pathing issue was introduced with Generations? :)
  • Options
    linklover1o1linklover1o1 Posts: 584
    edited April 2013
    Pretty sure. I've never had a problem with routing. So I'd guess its all better. If you still have trouble, use the cheat "testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotes. Then shift click on the spot you wanna go to and there will be the option "teleport me here", or something like that, and the result is varily obvious.(If that was rude, sorry. It just is obvious lol)
    Mostly, its all good. If you still have trouble, just cheat there. You can also use that cheat to shift click on an item and click the "delete it" option to delete it. I use it to get pass those impossible parts.
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited April 2013
    linklover101: No, not my sim. The NPC's getting stuck in various locations through the region. Most suspect was the Hot Springs area where they were getting stuck halfway in the ground and at the bottom of a staircase. I'd get vicious stalling whenever I played WA, usually in China. Egypt and France seemed to work find. I don't want to have to teleport my sim around as, see below, the tombs in China were unroutable in several instances. I'd find myself resetting everyone in town just so things would move again.

Rflong7: Sometimes in the tombs were a path had clearly been opened, the sims would have a routing tantrum. The worst area, as I said above, was China. As I remember France was generally okay, except for that butterfly tomb (can't remember the name!) where they would have routing tantrums despite the path being clearly opened. Almost as though despite piles of rocks being destroyed, the sim was still behaving as though they were there and in China, some routes in tombs were simply unroutable. Specifically in the areas with treasure chests. It started after Generations as I had played all of the locations before without any problems. Once I had the patch for Generations and the EP itself, my sims began having ferocious problems just getting around in China.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2013
    The NPC's are still getting stuck, but they weren't slowing down my game. I was playing just a few weeks ago and for some reason there were about 1/2 dozen people stuck on one of the bridges in Egypt. There was nothing in the way. They were all just standing there stamping their feet and waving their arms with the "way is blocked" thought bubbles over their heads.

The only routing issue I've ever had with the tombs was if I clicked too far away for them to get without being able to walk in a straight line. If I "showed" my sim the way by clicking "go here" only as far as they can go in a straight line (kind of like leading a dog with a treat) I had no problems. I don't think there's any way to fix that because of how the tombs are set up.

Give it a try. Just make sure to save your game before you travel. :D

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks a million, I'll try again. I've kind of made it a priority to always save my game before I do any travelling. Never know what could happen!!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited April 2013
    If there are a lot of stuck sims, you can use "Resetsim *" to reset everybody. Including the active sims. Or you can use the Overwatch mod that resets stuck and unroutable sims among other things.

And I always save before traveling. Either to World Adventures, or now University. Then as soon as you get there, take a look at your family tree to make sure there aren't any extraneous new relatives grafted on. If there aren't do as Save As... to a new name. Don't worry about relatives being the wrong age, or dead ones looking alive again, those go back to normal when you get back home.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Everything worked fine and not a single stall in China so good times. Just hope this doesn't change with more extended vacations. Not really worried about the family tree as I have Master Controller. If anything goes awry and he gains a few new relatives then I'll just remove them. To date, since I started playing WA when it came out, I thankfully have never experienced a broken family tree due to the travel. But then I've always used Twallan's mods so that probably helps.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    vonHentzauvonHentzau Posts: 419 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm seeing fewer problems, but I'm not sure it's "cured." So, to keep things fairly smooth, I try to do "ResetSim *" whenever my Sims are on their home lot, particularly in China.