Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Free Time type EP and/or Activities in the Store

I posted this on another sim forum, but I think it would be more appropriate here where maybe a SimGuru might see it.

Free Time was my second favorite EP behind Seasons for the Sims2. I loved the everyday type activities it added to the game. To me this is an area where the Sims3 still lacks in regards to the activities Sims have to choose from. We have all kinds of amazing activities for sims to participate in from being a mad scientist that clones sims and builds time machines to being a ridiculously rich and famous singer that can get into all of the most posh clubs (with some great club activities).

Now don't get me wrong...those kind of sims can be great fun to play and play them I do along with all of the vampires, unicorns, witches and other fun supernaturals that the games have added. But I also really love to play with the everyday stuff of being a human...um...sim. I really want activities such as sewing and/or knitting added. I also really loved the fix-it up junker car in Freetime and feel that something like that could really be expanded on in the Sims3 giving us the ability to customize junkers to a greater degree. I'd also love activities such as flower arranging and pottery added back in. And for the kids I'd love new toys such as remote controlled cars and helicopters (which were in the Sims2) and a race track. I'd also like some coloring books for the kids and it drives me crazy that the block table still has papers and crayons on it and yet this activity still hasn't been added to the table. I'd also love to have board games for the entire family that can be placed on any dining room table. Also non-rabbit hole camps for kids to go to with activities such as sports, swimming, horseback-riding, archery and crafts would be awesome!

Island Paradise looks super fun and I am glad that they are giving us more beach activities, but again these are very special activities that most people only do while on vacation. I want everyday sim life fleshed out just a little bit more.

Comments

• Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited April 2013
    I like the idea, although I think there'd need to be alot of new content to make up for the stuff that's already been added in other eps. I was also thinking about adding activity tables designed to build art skill in kids and toddlers though :D

wall-art-desk-fold-down-8.jpg
    885800_001.jpg
    DSC_0159.JPG

Oh and there was a clutter item in Uni that got me thinking more about computers. We really don't have that many designs. Either laptops, flatscreens or flatbeds. No towers, although there's one shown as the icon for computers in buy mode.

xqf4h2.jpg

Plus if that gutted out tower we got as clutter were repurposed, that could be like the mechanic's car, but for computers. Plus I kinda mess with computers myself, and it'd be neat if my simself could also. Oh and for writers, we need some kind of notepad or notebook for when they start out and can't buy a computer.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm not a fan of free time. THose stupid hobby heads drive me crazy. I still play the sims 2 and every time they come and bother my sims for no apparent reason makes me want to spit!

THe store has the basket ball hoop. There is also a soccer net, but I don't know if it is a store thing or an ep thing.

We have sculpturing instead of pottery. No sewing machine that I know of, maybe you should look and see all that we do have between all the different ep's, sp's and store stuff and just ask them for those few items. I think we pretty much have it all, otherwise.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited April 2013
    I think we do need more skills, and that those should replace the freetime EP:

-Unhide many currently hidden skills.
    -Archery(Possibly coming w/ Dragon Valley
    -Yoga
    -Parkour
    -Wrestling
    -More instruments
    -Singing skill
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    IMeep wrote:
    -Singing skill

There already is a singing skill. It's hidden, came with Showtime, and following my prediction of having trouble with the other singing you could learn from World Adventures.
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited April 2013
    IMeep wrote:

-Yoga
    -Parkour
    -Wrestling
    -More instruments
    -Singing skill

We already have singing to an extent (although more songs wouldn't be too bad), but I love everything else on that list! Oh and breakdancing :D
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited April 2013
    Aaaaghhhh! I don't want anymore skills, sorry. I think some should have been more generalized. I don't exactly like this many. I would have preferred, call me crazy, all the different instruments skills in one or inventing and handiness as one. I would like specific ones like sewing, dancing, running, etc.
  • Options
    IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited April 2013
    SugarRave wrote:
    IMeep wrote:

-Yoga
    -Parkour
    -Wrestling
    -More instruments
    -Singing skill

We already have singing to an extent (although more songs wouldn't be too bad), but I love everything else on that list! Oh and breakdancing :D

We have a singing career. I want a singing skill, one that would be unhidden and would replace the showtime hidden one if whatever EP it came in was installed. It is part of my rather large idea that includes musicals, which is why it exists. I have been meaning to post it to the forums, but have been too busy, ironically doing musicals.
  • Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    edited April 2013
    I personally like a lot of skills in the games. It keeps my sims more individualized from each other. Maybe one sim is an awesome sculptor, but another is a rebellious street art type. I wouldn't want both of these skills to be under art.

Those toddler/kid art sets are a great idea!

And yes the store and EPs have given us a lot of sport activities and that is why I didn't request any more of those since I am happy with what we have.

I guess if a Free Time EP isn't coming I wouldn't mind just seeing some of these items in the store. I'd especially love to see a sewing machine most of all, but any kind of crafting station would be much appreciated. Whether it was for flowers, pottery, jewelry or toys.

I'd also would be happy if crafting stations were added to an OFB type EP instead of a whole EP devoted to activities if that is what were to happen instead.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    IMeep wrote:
    SugarRave wrote:
    IMeep wrote:

-Yoga
    -Parkour
    -Wrestling
    -More instruments
    -Singing skill

We have a singing career. I want a singing skill, one that would be unhidden and would replace the showtime hidden one if whatever EP it came in was installed. It is part of my rather large idea that includes musicals, which is why it exists. I have been meaning to post it to the forums, but have been too busy, ironically doing musicals.

That would conflict with both the Showtime and WA singing.