Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4

Is it true what people are saying? Is it true that The Sims 4 will be mentioned after the futruistic expansion pack comes out?

I have two problems with Sims 4.

1 We will lose all the great expansions from The Sims 3, so there would'nt be an Island Paradise or a Late Night...or though EA may make them the exact same.

2 And what if they ruin it completely. I mean I like the Sims 3 expansions and now they may be about to start a brand new one! :?:

Please tell me your thoughts on The Sims 4!

Comments

• Options
    lupusrex180lupusrex180 Posts: 644 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm sure people were saying the exact same thing about TS3 when it was in the works.

I don't think we'll be disappointed. If TS4 does turn out to be godawful somehow, we can always keep playing TS3. =)

I'll continue to play TS3 for some time anyway. I might get 4 when it comes out just to try it, but I think I'll be waiting to play it heavily until they release a few expansions.
  • Options
    lilgalcherellelilgalcherelle Posts: 354 Member
    edited April 2013
    I doubt the sims 4 would be out so soon. I'm all up for it & will probably (I say probably but mean definitely) buy it but I'll still play that alongside S3. Especially now we have so much for it, kinda seems a waste to just abandon it.
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited April 2013
    If they don't bring mermaids and the other supernaturals back in sims 4, I may run down the street crying.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    BunniePuffBunniePuff Posts: 21
    edited April 2013
    You know, I'm not so sure there WILL be a sims 4. You see, the amount of EPs and SPs has already surpassed the amount for the previous two games, plus a lot of predictions about when sims 4 will come out have been wrong. Personally, I don't mind if there isn't, just as long as the features we want are added in future EPs and the graphics get improved.
  • Options
    SimbolicSimbolic Posts: 925 Member
    edited April 2013
    I upgraded from Sims2 to Sims3 because it added the ability to choose different shoes to go with outfits. It used to drive me nuts when I liked an outfit but didn't like the shoes!
    Sims3 also had open gameplay instead of being trapped on a lot unless you wanted a loading screen.
    Those things made a big enough difference for me.

I then spent years waiting to get Seasons back in the game & now I've finally got them back I won't even consider moving onto a new version until weather is back in the game, if at all.

I hate the move to games that need to be connected to the internet which is already putting me off Sims3 but have a feeling it will be worse in Sims4.
    I only play single player games & have no interest in multi player stuff.

I just honestly can't see right now what they can offer me in Sims4 that I would want enough to go with a new version.
    I haven't even found out all the things I can do with the expansions I have for Sims3 & they are still adding to that.

No other game I play has cost me anywhere near what I've spent on the Sims3 & I've already decided I'd rather buy expansions later when they are half price than pay to get a couple of pre-order items if I do play the Sims4.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

• Options
    DorymaeDorymae Posts: 570 Member
    edited April 2013
    When Sims2 came out I told myself I wasn't going to be taken in on a new game (got every expansion)....Then when Sims3 came out I told myself I wasn't going to be taken in on a new game(got every expansion).....So when Sims 4 comes out....Ah heck...who do I think I'm kidding?
  • Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited April 2013
    Even though I know nuddu about The Sims 4, I CANNOT WAIT to play it, I loved playing Sims 2, so I was hesitent about sims 3, I didn't like sims 3 for a while until more EP's and stuff came out for it, I liked that it was modern but didn't like that there were alot of things taken away with game play in sims 3(we still have not got CLOSETS). I'm soooo hoping though, that Sims 4 will have more in its base game play, like seasons and more jobs to play, because I'm sorry but, seasons is just a given in real life, so why not in the sims games? We shouldn't have to pay extra for snow and rain and storms, they should just be there, in the game as part of the background so to speak. Plus I just love new things, thats why I can't wait for Sims 4, Sims 3 is kinda getting old to play, even with IP, after a while it will be repetative like all EP's get for Sims 3 IMO.....So yeah, bring on The Sims 4, the sooner, the better IMO... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2013
    Fuzzyair wrote:
    Is it true what people are saying? Is it true that The Sims 4 will be mentioned after the futruistic expansion pack comes out?

I have two problems with Sims 4.

1 We will lose all the great expansions from The Sims 3, so there would'nt be an Island Paradise or a Late Night...or though EA may make them the exact same.

2 And what if they ruin it completely. I mean I like the Sims 3 expansions and now they may be about to start a brand new one! :?:

Please tell me your thoughts on The Sims 4!

I hope not. I want two more sims 3 eps.

I'm hoping for

Mountain Wilderness something that should have been included in island paradise.

The Carnival Ep that was listed in a survey. It actually mentioned rides,tunnel of love,carnival games and food,zoos and marine aquariums.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    BunniePuff wrote:
    You know, I'm not so sure there WILL be a sims 4. You see, the amount of EPs and SPs has already surpassed the amount for the previous two games, plus a lot of predictions about when sims 4 will come out have been wrong. Personally, I don't mind if there isn't, just as long as the features we want are added in future EPs and the graphics get improved.

Oh yes there will be a sims 4 but the question is when. It's coming but right now I don't think even the sims 4 could compete with Island Paradise. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited April 2013
    If the sims 4 comes out next year it will have to have horses AND seasons to start with to pull me in. If not I will probably stick with sims 3. I'm getting to old to keep throwing my money out on games. Plus we are moving to a bigger house next year and I'm going to be finishing my bachelors at a PRIVATE school which means more $$ I won't have for silly things.

I know I'll probably want it for something, I just gotta learn to control my impulse buys. ;)
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    When sims 4 comes out I'm buying me a new pc to play it on. One with 16 to 32 gbs of ram,a liqued cooled videocard with 4-6gbs of memory and a 6 quad cpu not to meniton atleast 2 or more tb of harddrive space because I may put the sims 2 on it as well.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2013
    When sims 4 comes out I'm buying me a new pc to play it on. One with 16 to 32 gbs of ram,a liqued cooled videocard with 4-6gbs of memory and a 6 quad cpu not to meniton atleast 2 or more tb of harddrive space because I may put the sims 2 on it as well.
    You'll have plenty of time to save your pocket change for an even better 64bit pc because S4 isn't do out until summer or even fall of next year. :D
  • Options
    indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm not doing it again. I'm not starting over with a "just the basics" game and spend years getting it back to where the previous version left off. . .waiting for pets and seasons and who-knows-what that won't be in the Sims 4 base game. Unless the Sims 4 involves hologram projections that can walk around my real life house--not interested.

:)-peace
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2013
    indyChick wrote:
    I'm not doing it again. I'm not starting over with a "just the basics" game and spend years getting it back to where the previous version left off. . .waiting for pets and seasons and who-knows-what that won't be in the Sims 4 base game. Unless the Sims 4 involves hologram projections that can walk around my real life house--not interested.

Don't count on having a hologram of a sim walking around your house in real life. Not only would the whole core of the game has to be changed for that, but the whole core of a store bought pc needs to be changed for that as well. :D
  • Options
    LEvans102071LEvans102071 Posts: 448 Member
    edited April 2013
    sunman502 wrote:
    indyChick wrote:
    >*>*> I'm not doing it again. <*<*< I'm not starting over with a "just the basics" game and spend years getting it back to where the previous version left off. . .waiting for pets and seasons and who-knows-what that won't be in the Sims 4 base game. Unless the Sims 4 involves hologram projections that can walk around my real life house--not interested.

Don't count on having a hologram of a sim walking around your house in real life. Not only would the whole core of the game has to be changed for that, but the whole core of a store bought pc needs to be changed for that as well. :D

I believe that was their point... :P
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    edited April 2013
    EatChees wrote:
    If they don't bring mermaids and the other supernaturals back in sims 4, I may run down the street crying.

This! xD I'd do exact same. We can run down the street together!
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited April 2013
    Honestly it would be announced at E3 this year if it will be out with in a year from then.

The only really hope i have for sims 4 is that they tie the eps togethe better. in other words i dont want to HAVE to completely reset up a map just becuase i want to have a legacy family that has an option for all the careers and activities available its tiresome.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited April 2013
    Simbolic wrote:

No other game I play has cost me anywhere near what I've spent on the Sims3 & I've already decided I'd rather buy expansions later when they are half price than pay to get a couple of pre-order items if I do play the Sims4.

That. Kinda torn about it. Yes the pre-orders are *sometimes* nice but whoa many of these Limited Edition ep's were on sale for 50% off a couple weeks after release. And if I continue my present trajectory, I'd be starting Sim4 by purchasing EVERY Store set at full price. (Because hey, OCD here. It's one thing to wait for old sets which appeared before I arrived to hit the sale bin, but finally decided that drooling over a newly released item every day for six months while waiting for a decent sale is not worth driving myself nuts over.)

Plus, sims4 is going to seem empty without all these eps. So I'll probably try to hold off as long as I can before focusing the bulk of my attention on sims4. That way even many of the Store sets would be on sale.

oooooh I hear clicking! The broadcast is starting! :D
  • Options
    mellieisamellieisa Posts: 219 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm hoping that we'll get a little more time with sims 3 because if I know myself right I will drive crazy just knowing that there is a sims 4 out there. And I'm not done with sims 3 yet! So I don't want it for like another four years.

But I really hope that we can customize our sims more, with height and body shape and so on. And create worlds in game, I will never understand the caw-tool for the sims 3.
  • Options
    CaptobvsCaptobvs Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited April 2013
    The only thing i've heard about TS4 (just grapevine talk here, nothing solid), is that it is quite possibly going to be hosted online. Not quite an MMO but it might also mean that it will be P2P monthly or lifetime subs. We've been discussing this over on the Tech forum and most of us agree that TS3 is our final incarnation of The Sims.
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't want there to be a Sims 4 for the exact same reasons! I never had sims 2 or anything but I'd really feel there's no point buying EP's and stuff if soon another base game will come out and the whole sims 3 community and exchnage and store content you've spent money on just becomes out of date!
    Plus, it is possible that EA may make Sims 4 (if it ever does come out) DRM, so online. I definately won't play it then!
  • Options
    CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited April 2013
    peoinee wrote:
    Honestly it would be announced at E3 this year if it will be out with in a year from then.

The only really hope i have for sims 4 is that they tie the eps togethe better. in other words i dont want to HAVE to completely reset up a map just becuase i want to have a legacy family that has an option for all the careers and activities available its tiresome.
    E3 should be November 12 and TS4 should have the release date of February of 2015. Else there will be a sim-revolution! :evil:
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited April 2013
    CoryMach wrote:
    peoinee wrote:

E3 should be November 12 and TS4 should have the release date of February of 2015. Else there will be a sim-revolution! :evil:

Honestly im cool with however long it takes as long as they put alot of thought into it. Like an engine that runs more but takes less ram so we dont get bogged down so much toward the end like now. I know i see several threads on the last few eps of people debating which ep to uninstall to beable to run the new one. Its my opinion it shouldnt be that way i have a better then average computer with all eps and most sps and still im starting to slow down. even with 12 gigs of ram and a higher end medium grade graphics card.

And yes i hold firm to the belief that if im paying for all these eps i shouldnt have to spend the time to rework a town, learn CAW (which is not easy for me), or find a user created world that actually has all my store content.

Since im fairly certain these store worlds will continue to sims 4 i hope they come up with a way for people to enjoy say a world that was built with lots from all eps but they game just omits the lots/items that game doesnt have installed so people who have chosen to get all the eps can actually enjoy a world fully while someone who doesnt have everything can still get it. I know this would create more work for the store team toward the end but i know there are many simmers who would right now happily pay extra for a world that actually had it all.

I think all in all this is my biggest complaint with the sims 3. I spend so much time trying to get my town right that i lose interest in actually playing that game.

Also the BS about having to get a MOD just to travel to ther otere worlds out side of WA is just wrong.

Sorry suddenly went on a rant there ill shut up now lol.
  • Options
    OhTheAudacityOhTheAudacity Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    I actually didn't play Sims 3 for quite a while because it was so completely different from what I was used to in Sims 2. Then I tried it again, got used to the controls and then fell in love with it. I'm sure that for most of us, Sims 4 will be the same way. People will jump to it and then we'll slowly get used to the idea and end up loving it.
    And for the ones who don't want to have the basics again, play Sims 3 while you wait for things to come out! I'm sure Sims 4 will have SOME new interactions in the base game like Sims 3 did. Part of the fun and what keeps the community together is us waiting for new expansions and spazzing out like children when it's something exciting and then waiting together for it to come out. EA also has seemed to be interacting with us more and taking in our ideas and what we want in the game compared to Sims 2, I didn't have that same feeling.
    The only things I'm really worried about:
    1. Having to buy a new super expensive computer because Sims 4 will need too much to run it.
    2. Needing an internet connection to play or being forced to play with other players(rumors at least of them thinking of making it needed, I just wouldn't buy it at all)
    3. If the prices are raised and the games become 60-70 dollars per expansion instead of 30-40 (Because I just couldn't afford that)

Other than that, I think Sims 4 will be just fine.
  • Options
    JenZ4HeavenZJenZ4HeavenZ Posts: 631 Member
    edited April 2013
    aww I dunno. I think as long as they include the crucial stuff like weather.. I think it will be pretty cool.. I dunno if I would get it right away though.. I often feel a bit rushed with their pushing out of EPs and stuff since I feel I don't get to play and experience EPs that long before another comes out.. So give or take I might end up waiting a couple months after its release to play.. Depending on when the last release of EPs come fro TS3.