Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some of my thoughts and wonders about IP...

I was wondering what scuba diving would be like in any other town besides the town that will come with IP. Obviously there will be a nice undersea world in that town since it is being developed with scuba diving in mind. But what if a sim goes scuba diving in say Sunlit Tides or Sunset Valley? What will they see under the water? Nothing? Maybe the new sea animals, but no coral reef to explore? Or will all of the towns have beautiful sea beds to explore? Or maybe we will be able to make our own sea beds like we could make our own tombs. That would be neat.

Also when they first mentioned waterslides at the resorts I imagined huge waterslides that I've seen at resorts before. Not the little pool slide which was shown. Don't get me wrong, I've wanted that pool slide for a long time and I will definitely use it on my sims' home lots. But that's just it...the pool slide that they showed is the type of slide that goes on home lots. Waterslides at resorts should be much bigger. So I am sad if we only get the little slide. I wanted both! XD Still I'm really looking forward to this EP.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    JackBrevesJackBreves Posts: 511
    edited April 2013
    You have valid concerns, fellow Simmer. Here's my thoughts:

Like every Expansion Pack, EA sends out an update for the Sims 3. And Graham (director of the game, or something like that) has already said that an update will come out about 24 hours prior to the release of Island Paradise. I believe that that update will put things like reefs and marine life into the seas of Sunset Valley and Sunlit Tides, as well as all the other neighborhoods and worlds. Just my thought. We will need to see.

Also, for the water slides, I believe they have already said that you could customize and build your own water slides. Not sure how it'll work (maybe like building rides in Roller Coaster Tycoon maybe?), but I wouldn't be concerned about not getting a large water slide :)

Hope I've helped! :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2013
    About the ocean in other towns maybe we'll find out tomorrow.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2013
    I honestly don't know how scuba diving will play out in other towns. I imagine that it'll play just the same as it would in Island Paradise. The only difference probably will be in the back drop for the scene. For instance, Sunset Valley will unlikely have coral reefs just off shore. So that would mean that when you go scuba diving off the coast of Sunset Valley. You'll see a sea plain instead of a coral reef. This of course is just speculation, and not hard fact at this point. :D