Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Introduce Car Alarms!

MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
My sim had his car stolen because his car is not kept in his garage, just in a car parking space on his lot. Please introduce car alarms so that the sim can install or have them installed to alert them to burglars out taking their cars.
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited April 2013
    Keep it near a building and stick burglar alarms there. You can stick burglar alarms outside a building, which is what I do (the ghost the property has helps deter thieves as well).

I'm not saying your idea is good or bad... just suggesting a temporary fix.
  • Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited April 2013
    Keep it near a building and stick burglar alarms there. You can stick burglar alarms outside a building, which is what I do (the ghost the property has helps deter thieves as well).

I'm not saying your idea is good or bad... just suggesting a temporary fix.

^^ This ^^

I always put an alarm outside at either end of the lot--to catch them coming and going. Alarms would be nice, though. I wish the Fast Lane pack had put that in, as well as the option to upgrade your car's engine, tires, etc. Remember TS2 and the Tinkering hobby?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I know I can do that, but I don't want to. It's not something that I like to do in my games because I don't like the way it looks. You've basically got a house alarm on the wall outside your sims house. It would just be nice if, considering they have the option to just keep cars on a parking space outside their house, to get a car alarm installed. Just saying, I think it's something they should include, especially considering the Fast Lane SP. People can build relationships with their cars so why not want to protect them?
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited April 2013
    there were car alarms in sims 2 you had to take your car and get it installed for like 200 simoleans (could be wrong on the price) I wouldn't see anything wrong with this.
    But I had no clue that sims could have their cars stolen ?!?! I learn something new about my game just about everytime i get on these forums lol
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I had no idea they could be stolen either. It was my first car theft since I started playing. I remember that in Sims 2. It would be nice to have something similar or perhaps those very handy Sims could install their own. It would just be a really nice addition.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]