Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deformed Children

I'm posting this here because it's the first time I've seen it happen since I got UL. I never saw this go wrong before then when I just had Seasons, so I'm guessing it's the cause.

It was fall in my town, and this kid came by to trick-or-treat. And he looked really deformed, like he had exploded or something. It's hard to describe, but you'd know it if you saw it.

I know it's a graphics thing, but I've never had this problem before. My graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6570, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

Is this just a fluke, or have other UL and Seasons players seen this, and if so, what could I do?

EDIT: And apart from some store content, I have no CC, so that's off the table.

Comments

• Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited April 2013
    It does sound like CC but you've said you don't use it, but it sounds like the child is wearing age inappropriate clothing. You might go into CAS and create a child then look at the outfits offered to them. Try each of them on a child sim just to see if there is an outfit available there that isn't a child's outfit.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'll give that a shot.

Would it be relevant that the kid was wearing a costume?
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yes, because all of the costumes are part of the 'Outfit' section in Everyday wear. Even though I didn't have a secondary everday wear costume for my sim, she was able to produce one to go to a costume party and it was a career outfit (as were all the adult costumes I saw) so it's possible the child you saw was incorrectly wearing an adults 'costume' to trick or treat in.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2013
    You said you don't have CC, but do you have mods? Specifically mods that affect the dresser/clothing function? You might want to make sure you didn't install something then forget about it and never updated or deleted.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    edited April 2013
    You said you don't have CC, but do you have mods? Specifically mods that affect the dresser/clothing function? You might want to make sure you didn't install something then forget about it and never updated or deleted.

I've never even looked for mods, so probably not. Everything I have was either official or from the store.

I loaded CAS and the kid looked fine there. Maybe I'll look again, just for good measure. The kid I saw was wearing one of those green superhero like outfits, and I know those are for kids.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited April 2013
    You might've picked up on bad CC from downloading a sim from the exchange. You might think you don't have any, but you probably do. Look in your Game Launcher, and click on the Installed Content tab, and look for anything that says 'shymoo', or 'Nkd'. Those are bad CC. Delete those. That deformity should go away.