Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does my hair look like this?!

Screenshot-23_zps9bc1fc55.jpg

Screenshot-22_zps065c3adb.jpg

Screenshot-22_zps90e0ade6.jpg

They are totally horrific looking! What is wrong with them?! They certainly didn't look like that in the picture when I downloaded them.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited April 2013
    My guess is you probably downloaded some CC hair with really bad textures. They could have used some paint program like Photoshop to fix up the pictures to make the textures look nice.

You could look up some different textures over at MySims3Blog if you know the names.
  • Options
    SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited April 2013
    OK thanks :)
    It really surprises me how creators can get away with creating such horrible textures...I'll look on the MySims3Blog thanks.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited April 2013
    My guess is you probably downloaded some CC hair with really bad textures. They could have used some paint program like Photoshop to fix up the pictures to make the textures look nice.

You could look up some different textures over at MySims3Blog if you know the names.

yea i agree its looking like its the hair and not your card..

you could share the link for others to try if after dl others u still feel this way
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The hair that is causing the problem is only Skysims hair from The Sims Resource.
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/id/1194484/category/sims3-sets-hair and others.

I see 830 people have downloaded it...do people really play with these horrible textures? I will email TSR tomorrow and make them cancel my membership, the hair is absoloutly ridiculous.
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited April 2013
    The hair that is causing the problem is only Skysims hair from The Sims Resource.
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/id/1194484/category/sims3-sets-hair and others.

I see 830 people have downloaded it...do people really play with these horrible textures? I will email TSR tomorrow and make them cancel my membership, the hair is absoloutly ridiculous.

I another comment stating that they were having issues with the hair in game as well.

I myself have generally avoided TSR. Besides, there are PLENTY of other retextures for free that are usually better.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    That was me :lol:
    I know, it was a moment of weakness :lol: I have downloaded a lot from there, not just Skysims so it isn't all bad.

But I had downloaded like 30 Skysims hair, all which looked beautiful and turned out to be utter messes. It is such a pain to search out retextures for all these hairs.

I just find it a complete scam, this Skysims person. You think at the least the hair would actually work in the game! I'm so fuming.
  • Options
    loileeloilee Posts: 614 Member
    edited April 2013
    like purple_roses2110, there are plenty of better retextures of skyskims hair for free. just google 'skysims hair <name/number> retexture' and then kazam. TSR is buggy and hella crappy!
  • Options
    Kat2211Kat2211 Posts: 628 New Member
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited April 2013
    Where did you get that first hair from???
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    ecole44ecole44 Posts: 509 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I've noticed hair looks like that when you have two conflicting copies of the same hair in the game. Do you have multiple retextures of that hair or accidentally have two copies installed?
  • Options
    FlanberriesFlanberries Posts: 478 New Member
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ecole44 wrote:
    I've noticed hair looks like that when you have two conflicting copies of the same hair in the game. Do you have multiple retextures of that hair or accidentally have two copies installed?

im thinking ecole44 maybe right

ok im a subscriber to TSr and never had an issue with hair there ill dl and post a pix.
  • Options
    Achoo89Achoo89 Posts: 608 Member
    edited April 2013
    I have read about TRS, I have avoided that site!

But Kat2211's comment is good, Anubis is amazing!

Or MTS, but do read all reviews before downloading!

Dee xxx
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ok here are couple of skysims hairs

the one u posted link to:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

and heres another one
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited April 2013
    I would never recommend a subscription to tsr.... That's just my opinion though, there's so much better content out there for free.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited April 2013
    Like I said on another thread, I just dl'ed some free hairs by NewSea on TSR. I also found another creator who is very good...Cazy. I only trust people I know make good cc, through trial, error and word of mouth. :-)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    GummiBearxGummiBearx Posts: 317 Member
    edited July 2013
    Omg. Same exact issue and I'm trying to find a resolution. I downloaded Sky Sims hair aswell and it looks fine in CAS but horrible in game. I didn't even get mine from TSR. I've never ever had this issue before and I have no duplicates of this hair clashing in my game. My texture detail is very high, while sim detail is high, and I have a good NVIDIA graphics card. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the hair with the same result. It's really a shame because it's such beautiful hair that I would like to have.
    2utst3p.jpg
    2m2dkr9.jpg
  • Options
    panda121598panda121598 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Ctenid, Paintstroke, Sjokosims, and Anubis are my go-to's. I don't ever download a hair without seeing it done by either of those.
  • Options
    hannmacyhannmacy Posts: 558 Member
    edited February 2014
    I have some hairs from Paintstroke that does this same thing. It's only one or two I think.
    tumblr_nfjixx1N6E1qd5lw2o1_r1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    if helpful this is an old thread and the OP i believe was able to resolve the problem
    hannmacy wrote:
    I have some hairs from Paintstroke that does this same thing. It's only one or two I think.

note ecole44's post maybe the answer for you as well:
    ecole44 wrote:
  • Options
    SugarcupbabeSugarcupbabe Posts: 170 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I personally love skysims and have never had a problem, but I wouldn't recommend the exchange because some people are crazy with it. Not to say I'm a really good, cause I'm not but some people just aren't as good as some of the pros on TSR. Also exchange requires you to have that item in the game. TSR usually has content that is customly made for hair and such. But hair is most of my CC anyway.
  • Options
    thesimsrock23thesimsrock23 Posts: 4
    edited April 2014
    If you wanna know why they look bad is because,

1. Skysims only runs on very High for Sim Detail in the options menu
    2. Skysims are not great with highlights so if you want highlights you might want a retexture

Hope this helps<3
  • Options
    RawkxyRawkxy Posts: 43 New Member
    edited April 2014
    OK thanks :)
    It really surprises me how creators can get away with creating such horrible textures...I'll look on the MySims3Blog thanks.

...Get away with? That's so rude! These people have a skill that you do not and are happy to share the product of that with you for free. If you don't like the hair don't download it, but no reason to be so rude about it =/
    I will email TSR tomorrow and make them cancel my membership, the hair is absoloutly ridiculous.

Over one bad download? ^_^;;;;
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited April 2014
    hannmacy wrote:

I just wish PS can hace shiner hair. Lve the styles, but the color flat.

Im glad to know That it's the hair. I always thought it was my laptop!

Also TSR isnt all bad. I just wished they had more hair, which is the only CC I can't get enough of.
  • Options
    JustSimItJustSimIt Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    I also hate this. But sometimes the pictures are actually true. It's just that ot glitches during download. I have a sims instagram page, so luckily I can edit it so it looks more normal. But I cannot stand it in the game. I like cazy's hair from tsr. They have really nice textures and they don't have the sticky outie hair when it's converted to younger ages. :-)