The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would anyone be interested in a Non-Pose Player Modelling Competition?

I'm thinking of starting a modelling competition in which the use of pose player is not allowed...

I don't have pose player myself and so struggle with normal competitions, and I wondered if anybody else has the same problem?

If enough people are interested then I'll start it up :D

Comments

• Options
    Smash_box29Smash_box29 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited April 2013
    I think that is a great idea!!!
  • Options
    POTATOBANANA6POTATOBANANA6 Posts: 328 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Thanks! I really hope people are interested :)
  • Options
    dimitreladimitrela Posts: 596 New Member
    edited April 2013
    That would be interesting! I used not to have the pose player and had a hard time in some assignments of normal comps... It would be pretty challenging, especially for people who are used to the pose player, since you have to use the in game poses creatively
  • Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited April 2013
    Sounds like a great idea ^^
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks :D The main criticism I get in competitions is for my poses so I would really like to do this kind of competition myself. :')

I was thinking I'd give tips to people as well, like how to get good poses without pose player?
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited April 2013
    Sounds very interesting . .it was definitely a challenge without pose player . .pose combining is a great way to use the in game poses creatively and come up with new pose ideas.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just wondering about what kind of competition to make it, beside the whole non pose-player thing...

Do you guys think that the fact pose player isn't allowed is enough to set it apart, or should I make the theme of the competition completely different to the others?

I was thinking something to do with a fashion line?

Like you choose a range of outfits for your line, and have to show them off?

Something like that
    Open to ideas!
  • Options
    HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited April 2013
    **** - this looks interesting. O.o If I'm not overloaded I'll consider joining. :XD:
    EDIT: FORGOT D*nm was censored. :oops:
  • Options
    dimitreladimitrela Posts: 596 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't think it could be a fashion comp... that would require modeling poses. Maybe something story based.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Are you planning to do a Fashion and Photography Comp? I think the fashion idea would be great :mrgreen: But there are a bunch of fashion competitions out there, try to make this competition with a unique concept instead of having straight forward fashion. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    A story based competition is a good choice, since you could use the trait poses in game for it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Hmm I'm not really in to story telling competitions though, I really would prefer to try actual modelling without pose players just to be completely different and add a sense of difficulty to it...

Plus I love fashion! I think I'd be able to watch people learn how to pose by themselves as the competition went on...

Maybe fashion and story telling? I really would like to give it a go :-)
  • Options
    Miax0Miax0 Posts: 15,840 Member
    edited April 2013
    Well if you do start up a comp like that you'd definitely have a lurker! :) That would be ineresting to see what people come up with without poses.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Oh it is definitely possible to have a fashion competition without pose player. I've judged, hosted and competed in many comps before pose player was available.

The competitions were based more on creativity and the model rather than if the judges think you chose the 'right' pose.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I think that's the kind of thing I'm going for :)

Hmm I think I'll do it just as soon as I can get on the laptop which has sims on :')
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Alrighty! I'll definitely support your competition ^^ :D
  • Options
    Smash_box29Smash_box29 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited April 2013
    Also the creativity using in game posing is the best part. You could do fashion easily in my opinion. Have assignments where they are at the park or in front of mirrors!

If you based it off of fashion and then when it winds down to the last few in the comp you can make it more challenging by judging them posing without pose player and the fashion. I would even join this! or help judge!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Would you allow pose combining with in game poses? or just straight in game posing?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yay :D

Hmm what is pose combining?
  • Options
    ArtistByNightArtistByNight Posts: 9,906 Member
    edited April 2013
    I have been in a competition before where Pose Player isn't allowed, it was pretty much like a story-telling competition.
    I would be interested.

Edit: This was the competition: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/506957.page
    tumblr_static_co0j3up2xkgssgookcsc40g04.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yay :D

Hmm what is pose combining?

Pose combining is taking 2 or more poses and making a whole new pose. It is what many used to do before pose player came out. It does take a lot of work and it is a lot more challenging since you need to be able to edit it properly so it looks flawless. Otherwise your model looks weird.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I think I'd like this to be a really simple just posing in-game, rather than combining poses to be honest :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just checking! It's been awhile since I competed without the pose player. I may consider joining or judging (if you needed help). It'd be a nice challenge.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I can't wait!

Ooh, only thing is I still don't know how to make banners D:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I can help with that if you want ^.^