Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

apartment lot

i built an apartment on the new apartment lot and now i keep getting random sims added to my household.
they just appear out of no where and walk into the apartment...is this a glitch or what any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    tbluetblue Posts: 474 Member
    edited April 2013
    anyone?
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited April 2013
    When you specify a residential lot as an apartment NPCs will show up to fill the empty apartments. Make sure you move in the number of Sims you want to be playable from the beginning.

I moved one Sim into an apartment and the game sent 7 more Sims to fill up the lot.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    EnzoA7XEnzoA7X Posts: 92 Member
    edited April 2013
    Don't know if its a glitch or not but this happened to me. I was like "where these people coming from, go away" :)
    EnzoA7X on here, RakeArmageddon in the Gallery :)
  • Options
    gotheongotheon Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2013
    When you specify a residential lot as an apartment NPCs will show up to fill the empty apartments. Make sure you move in the number of Sims you want to be playable from the beginning.

I moved one Sim into an apartment and the game sent 7 more Sims to fill up the lot.

that would be if the feature was working as intended, IT IS NOT

I have the same bug as the OP. What actually happens is Sims that are supposed to be coming to the apartment as roommates are getting added to the active household
    (ie playable sims)

This is a bug and no amount of EA Corporate Cognitive Dissonance will make it go away without it being properly addressed

the alternative is to simply use the roommates option under real-estate from the smartphone in a normal residential lot.
    However this doesn't include the cool renting option offered by the residential "apartment lot"
  • Options
    itsjulieitsjulie Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ive had exactly the same -

the game fills up your apartment building with 8 housemates and if you dismiss them at 9am the next morning a new coach load arrives. There doesnt seem to be a way to stop them coming

I think the roommate system and apartments dont work together

another EA fail
    tcbforum.gif

100 Little Weeds - 100 baby challenge

• Options
    gotheongotheon Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2013
    itsjulie wrote:
    Ive had exactly the same -

the game fills up your apartment building with 8 housemates and if you dismiss them at 9am the next morning a new coach load arrives. There doesnt seem to be a way to stop them coming

I think the roommate system and apartments dont work together

another EA fail

7 house mates would be great the problem is several of them becoming playable family members

To get a NL style apartment you use a completely different method
  • Options
    nixghendersonnixghenderson Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I've had the same issue, but if I'm not in the University world it doesn't allow me to call Roommate Services and cancel the service.

Even worse, I moved my sims out to a purchased lot, but the roommates keep turning up!

I don't think there's supposed to be a hidden 'uninvited lodger' option :thumbdown:
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2013
    Are you sure you're making apartments and not rooming houses? Are you using public room markers and hidden room markers for your tenants? Apartments were set up in Late Night and Rooming houses (AKA Dorms) in University Life, so you have to make sure you're building the right type.

Check this tutorial out

Tutorial