Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Placing premade lots in EIG trees and shrubbery disappears

BarbnFLBarbnFL Posts: 21 New Member
What am I doing wrong. :?: When I place a lot with trees etc, most of them disappear. Some or all of it ends up way down in the water. You can see it from the basement. When I can, I delete them. I think they end up in the Global layer/Objects. The deleted objects leave an empty box via the render panel.
On another thread someone questioned all these objects, it was thought not to be a problem. But I don't like losing all by landscaping!

There are not many tuts for EIG. Does anyone know what causes them to disappear? Very few other items, just the trees, flowers and shrubs.
Is it better to wait and place lots in the real game, not EIG?
Some may be CC. (Tested Only)

Please head me in the right direction, to fix this. Would appreciate so much.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Placed a lot yesterday and many of the contents disappeared and found in water. Anybody? :?:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi :)

I had that happen with some lots in a world. What I did was remove all the plants and objects from the lot that disappeared onto the world- and then placed them again while in EIG.

These were from lots someone else built in their game. When I placed the lots some plants and rocks would be way out in the bottom of the ocean.

I don't know why it happens (it was only two lots) but removing them in game, placing the lot in EIG, and then placing the bushes/trees/rocks that had disappeared stopped it.

Good luck. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thank you Rflong7. I had thought I would have to do that, remove all the foliage, and replace later, Or just replace the lots from my library later. But meanwhile there is all that stuff floating around at the 0 depth. One never knows what is going to end up there. Chairs, tables etc., so it would be impossible to preclean. It doesn't seem to matter if they are EA items or not. I had spawners there yesterday.
    I actually moved over 500 objects into another layer and deleted them. removed the only lots I had placed, reopened CAW, they all returned, now with just empty boxes when using -find in render panel.
    I can't believe EA hasn't had or addressed this issue before, (maybe I just can't find them) and why they don't tell us what this Global Layer/objects is for, and how to fix or deal with it. Maybe they just don't want to tell us, that's where all the items go, that the programming can't deal with. :shock: It is not funny though. One can hardly wonder if all these items don't cause lag or routing issues down the road. I'm so disappointed you can't start with a "clean" world from CAW.
    At this point I don't how much of the "editing" is done, or should be done in EIG. On another post, someone said that all cc is changed to EA vanilla, in CAW. I made a quick lot to test, all cc stayed fine, although if it is imported from library that might not be true.

Sorry, that is probably more info than you really wanted to know.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Good discussion here, unfortunately it hasn't been active for a while.
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=473791. At least others have questioned, but found no answers from EA yet.