Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An amusement park

So, I know we might not get it in a EP, but we could very well get it in the store! The barrier system had me thinking of this, and it would work well for zoos, aquariums, theme parks, nature parks, water parks, etc. So why not give us a "Build Your Own Park" set? I can't see why not. Before The Sims 3 ends, I think EA definately has the ability to give us a theme park set :D Anyone else agree? Thoughts, suggestions?

up-FR2VRHH82SJVDE29.jpg"height=250""width=250"
04.jpg"height=200""width=200"
Tiergarten-Schonbrunn-zoo.jpg"height=200""width=200"
pa184663.jpg"height=200""width=200"

Some images.

Comments

• Options
    butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited March 2013
    I totally agree, they had that funny little roller coaster in Sims 1. We need that again.
  • Options
    Branwen333Branwen333 Posts: 222 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I've been wanting something for Sims 3 ever since it began...I miss the theme area from Makin' Magic (Sims1).

And with the circus themed stuff we've got in the store...Oh the things they could give us!
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited March 2013
    We need an amusement park world, so the park/parks are already built for us. ;)

They could have one park for the regular rides (ferris wheel/roller coaster/bumper cars/carousel ride, etc) and another park with water rides.

The world could also have a boardwalk, with carnival games on a lot nearby, and the holiday lot placed near there, as well.

Several background themes would work for this: a city with a Coney Island type amusement area; a country fair/farm world; somewhere in Texas/Arkansas-Missouri/Florida (places where huge amusement parks are already popular).

I think there was a questionnaire about an amusement park world, wasn't there? It sure would be fun.
  • Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited March 2013
    An amusement park has been at the top of my wish list for some time. This theme seems to do well in surveys; I'm not sure why it hasn't happened yet, but hopefully it will. I would like to have carnival games, roller coaster, ferris wheel, bumper cars, tunnel of love, fun house mirrors, carousel, etc. I think a boardwalk venue for these items would be great.
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm not a fan of the idea of a dedicated theme park expansion pack, but I am definitely in favour of a few items in the IP e.p to go in the resorts, and I think a few store sets... maybe a venue with pc... would be a cool idea.

Do you know... I really think you're onto something here! If you take the HAB and ticket machine...

*crosses fingers for a ferris wheel*

We can make some pretty cool side attractions with the stuff we have, I've seen some amazing pics! If we just get a few more big attractions I think we could make an awesome amusement park!!!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,864 Member
    edited March 2013
    OMG! I would buy this, immediately. Like with or without Simpoint sale. It would not matter one bit!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    BetacetiBetaceti Posts: 1,914 New Member
    edited March 2013
    That would be an awesome venue to have. It would also be nice if EA could theme them with the seasons. Great suggestion! :D
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited March 2013
    When they asked us to take a survey about what we want coming to the store in the future. I told them I would like a new jersey type world, include a board walk plus premium content being amusement park rides. All I ask for is a ferris wheel and that would make me happy. Roller coasters would be awesome but I know that will never happen.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have always wanted this, it would be so cool I wouldn't even care if it was a separate world a la WA or UL. The possibilities are endless and whoever said (I am sorry I forgot but I am on strong pain killers and abit fuzzy, it's not rudeness)it would fit in with Island Paradise hit the nail on the head: they could have an underwater sea world type thing, a proper carnival style park ashore and a daredevils paradise with loads of new objects like one of those rides that shoots you in the air, a candy floss machine, a hall of mirrors where you have a chance of coming out looking weird (like a bad makeover or fat when you are thin and vice versa), a tunnel of love could be the new woohoo spot and I am sure there are many more possibilities.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    edited March 2013
    I agree. I want the amusement park world that was listed in the survey with actual rides our sims can go on. Please make this happen store team. It would be nice to have with Island Paradise.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited March 2013
    When they asked us to take a survey about what we want coming to the store in the future. I told them I would like a new jersey type world, include a board walk plus premium content being amusement park rides. All I ask for is a ferris wheel and that would make me happy. Roller coasters would be awesome but I know that will never happen.

Not sure why I didn't remind EA how badly an amusement park is desired when I had the opportunity recently, should have... Suppose I keep asking for other things is because I don't believe EA will make an amusement park for us. :cry:
  • Options
    KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'd love this as long as we get more than 2 pieces of content. A roller coaster and Ferris wheel, while nice, just won't do in making a proper amusement park... It would have to have at least 5-6 "PC" items to make it even feel close to a real park.
  • Options
    kittana514kittana514 Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited March 2013
    i would love to see a ferris wheel and a carousel. But also think smaller amusement rides for children/toddlers wouldn't be too difficult:

Merry-go-round based from the springy rides
    yellow%2520carousel%2520with%2520kid.jpg

An aeroplane/airplane ride
    1-4b.jpg

Coin operated car or train ride
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-os3PGdh0-2Q/UBraCTtyE9I/AAAAAAAAABc/SC4mjjOdafM/s245/6a0133f5b12eca970b0176157a9c7f970c-800wi.jpg[/img]
    200px-Kiddyride.jpg

Kiddy Ferris Wheel
    382760899_414.jpg

i would love more amusements for the little ones :) (sorry for the large number of images)
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited March 2013
    Joolster made <a href="http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6250395&quot; target="blank">this amusement park</a> back with the Cirque Celebration set came out. Not as cool as a real rollercoaster, but it looks great. :)

EDIT: I didn't at the time, but I think I'm going to add it to my game now. I think it could fit in nicely in AS somewhere. :)
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Joolster made <a href="http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6250395&quot; target="blank">this amusement park</a> back with the Cirque Celebration set came out. Not as cool as a real rollercoaster, but it looks great. :)

EDIT: I didn't at the time, but I think I'm going to add it to my game now. I think it could fit in nicely in AS somewhere. :)

Wow that's amazing. I never saw that before and Joolster did an awesome job with that! :) It'd be great to have real working amusement parks, and including it in a store would ensure that those who want it, get it.

Also, popcorn and cotton candy machines would be great additions.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited March 2013

Not sure why I didn't remind EA how badly an amusement park is desired when I had the opportunity recently, should have... Suppose I keep asking for other things is because I don't believe EA will make an amusement park for us. :cry:

What if the world that won the poll, the Glitz & Glamour of the 1930's Art Deco world, is set in Atlantic City? Then there's a chance for an amusement park on the pier! I would love a ferris wheel and cannon for sim cannonballs :lol:
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited March 2013
    danivixen wrote:

Wow that's amazing. I never saw that before and Joolster did an awesome job with that! :) It'd be great to have real working amusement parks, and including it in a store would ensure that those who want it, get it.

Also, popcorn and cotton candy machines would be great additions.

:)
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'd love an amusement park world. Universal Studios! Or better yet--Disney World! :mrgreen: Oh, the fun I've had over the years~! The candy, the rides, the attractions, the cosplay, the GIFT SHOPS!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

The EXPERIENCE!!! I want to go back home to Floridaaaaaa~!!! :cry:
  • Options
    bebesmamabebesmama Posts: 707 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I would definitely buy that!
    I would love to see big kid rides, kiddie rides, water rides, popcorn machine, cotton candy, hotdog/hamburger stands, and a few game stands.

That would be so much fun!

(I can see them adding little things like, sims barfing after eating tons and going on a spinny ride, or sims fainting after a scarey ride, etc) :lol:
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited March 2013
    What was the name of that world in the survey with an amusement park in it? Coney Island was it or something like that. I'd love to have that world before TS3 ends.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited March 2013

I'm just speechless... This is called "jaw dropping awe struck"... imagine the creativity and dedication which went into that thing... dang... :shock:
    Krisha880 wrote:

What if the world that won the poll, the Glitz & Glamour of the 1930's Art Deco world, is set in Atlantic City? Then there's a chance for an amusement park on the pier! I would love a ferris wheel and cannon for sim cannonballs :lol:

That would work!! :D
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    What was the name of that world in the survey with an amusement park in it? Coney Island was it or something like that. I'd love to have that world before TS3 ends.

I've been looking forward to this for a while, but it seems like EA is either waiting, or won't do it. I'm hoping they're getting ready to bring out the amusement park theme we've been waiting for, and Coney Island sounds perfect for this new world and the new EP!

:D
  • Options
    chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I want one of those boats that swings from side to side and the ring toss and corndogs and little goldfish as prizes that you can take home.