Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question/ problem with season markers

IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
Hi, i figured i'd ask on this forum cause i wasn't 100% sure where else to check,

I'm currently making a town square and when i edit the square i put down the seasonal marker, click on wich season i'd like (lets say winter), start plopping my winter decorations down, then click on another season start decorating it for that season and so on, it seems to look ok when i edit it (the other season items will get more see true then the once i'm putting down). anyway it looks ok when i'm in edit ingame but then when i testplay the area, no matter what season it is, it will have all the items there, wich is really confusing me... So i'm pretty sure i'm doing this wrong, so if anybody could maybe explain what i'm doing wrong that would be nice :?: :?: :oops:

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi :)

I've only made a few season lots- I do remember that the only time items are see through are when they're placed in the Common section. (I don't have Seasons installed to go get pictures/test)

The only setting which should show see through is the Common when changing seasons (where you build for items to show all the time). When you place Winter items they should be invisible when you change/click on the Marker and change to Fall or any other seasons setting.

If they're only see through then it's not working/set up right. :)
  • Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited March 2013
    Looks like you are correct though >.< I really don't know what i did wrong, but i deleted the items, re-clicked the season put my stuff back and NOW when i got to another season they all seem to go invisible...

:lol: jeez i feel like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Thank you miss Rflong once again you save the day :lol:

*gives Rflong a cookie as thank you*
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2013
    Don't worry about it. :hugz:

And YAY! *eats cookie* :mrgreen:
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited March 2013
    There are some items that the game always sees as common and no matter what season you place them in they will revert to common mostly they are build items, but also quite a few buy items like the fire pit! ... if it turns see through and not invisible when you change seasons those are the items that are always common.
  • Options
    CorininiCorinini Posts: 134 Member
    edited March 2013
    One other suggestion when making seasonal lots - always select "lock common objects in place" before you leave the lot.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited March 2013
    Ivinora,

Maybe this will help, if you haven't already read it.

Guide to Seasonal Lot Markers
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604761.page

Or maybe you could ask SimGuruSemedi what else you could try if nothing he wrote about there seems to solve the problem.