Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Un-making a City, a City

I have been working on a world for awhile that is half a town and half a city. I exported it and have been trying it out but I noticed that it has been designated as a city... which means I don't get to enjoy deer running around. Now, I did nothing to do this so I am wondering if CAW did it or the game did based on what was in the world...? Does anyone else have any experience with this or know what file in S3PE I can modify to make it a town once more?

Comments

• Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hmm, that seems odd. Ive created many 'cities' that are all actually towns. Ive never had a town spontaneously turn into a city during creation.

Ive considered making a couple of my 'towns' into cities, but never have. (Just to keep the hoardes of wildlife at bay.) :D
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited March 2013
    Are you using Super Caw? I thought I read somewhere you could designate it as a city with it, but I may very well be wrong. Otherwise I have no Idea how it happened.

You just need to find the UNKN 0x296A6258 resource in s3pe, and delete it.

psIIvO5.jpg
  • Options
    SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh well thank you so very much - I have tried to get SuperCAW and much to my utter disappointment have not been successful on my new laptop which is running Windows 8 - not sure if that is why but it is what I figure I am doing wrong :(

But I will try and find that in S3PE and delete that one - thank you!!!
  • Options
    PlumbobGuy96PlumbobGuy96 Posts: 23
    edited March 2013
    If you use supercaw you can only make a world a city or neighbourhood in the beginning of world creation
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited March 2013
    Now I have found this thread from 19th Aug 2012, where Simsample is answering Yours question. Hopefully it will work. :oops:
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=484797
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).