Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something interesting I found about crashing after building

Sorry if this has been posted or discovered before.

But I found that if I build a building from scratch on a blank lot after patch 1.42 and then save, it works. But if I renovate an old building that was built before 1.42 patch and save, the game crashes. It is interesting because I thought it was fixed when I can save after building a bowling alley and comic shop no problem but when I renovated an old bar, it crashed. :(

Comments

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi,

Does the game still crash upon saving if you copy the residential/community lot to the lots bin in Edit Town mode, delete the old lot in the town, and then place a fresh copy of the lot into the town from the lots bin?
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    jae12kaejae12kae Posts: 42
    edited March 2013
    First of all, thanks for replying and also your help worked!

But I have another question, would I have to do the save to bin and bulldoze procedure to all the lots I experience crashing when building?
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited March 2013
    To possibly help prevent the issue from occurring in the first place, it is recommended that you clear your cache files before relaunching the game. This is especially true when adding or removing custom content from the game. The following cache files can be found in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

CASPartCache.package
    CompositorCache.package
    ScriptCache.package
    SimCompositorCache.package

If you have a WorldCaches folder, delete the contents of that folder.

Deleting the cache files should force the game to reload the most current graphics and script data in a pristine state. It is perfectly safe to delete the cache files as the game will automatically regenerate them each time.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!