Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Worlds

Every time I try to install a custom world, it tells me that I need to have the latest software. However, when I check if my game needs any updates, it says none are needed. And yes, I do have the 1.5 update on my game. Anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    eiphos1212eiphos1212 Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited March 2013
    It is probably that you are missing an expansion that is needed for the world. The game always tells you it will replace it with proxies, or it will just say you need a game update, but it might be an expansion. :/
  • Options
    vermesmikevermesmike Posts: 106 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh ok, that could make sense. I have Ambitions, World Adventures, Pets, Seasons, Night life, and showtime. So, a good portion of them!
  • Options
    eiphos1212eiphos1212 Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited March 2013
    It's always good to check what expansions the Custom world you're looking to install has. :) A lot of creators aren't very helpful in listing CC and other store or expansion packs that you need to run it properly.

I tend not to even bother with custom worlds unless they're from really trustworthy and reputable sources. Even then I read the installation instructions really carefully.

I can recommend that Mod the Sims, and also the offical world on Carl's guide. Both sites have lovely, high quality and up to date worlds with plenty of support and instructions based on what expansions you have. Maybe give them a shot (if you haven't already :) ).

EDIT: Typos :)
  • Options
    vermesmikevermesmike Posts: 106 New Member
    edited March 2013
    The other thing is that I bought Monte Vista, and I can't download that either. Whenever I press to download certain things, it just doesn't pop up on my launcher. I used to be able to all of the time, until I took The Sims 3 off my computer for a while and reinstalled them. Now when I press the "add to game" tab on stuff, it doesn't work. I have to save it first then install it. Some of the content works, some of it doesn't. :?