Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Apply for Extra Funds."

Just a heads up... if your Sims academic bar is high, and you go to the Administration building and "apply for extra funds," you might cash in.

My Sim had 97 simoleons to his name, but had his academic bar maxed out. He went to apply for extra funds and received 4,500 simoleons for living expenses! :shock:

Comments

• Options
    WorldTraveler76WorldTraveler76 Posts: 415 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yeah that happened to mine as well.. except she had $115 and they gave her $5,500 :) Yeah I took her bowling and for coffee after that :)
  • Options
    StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited March 2013
    I didn't even know the Administration building actually did anything, I was pleasantly surprised!

:D
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2013
    I believe that is the housing part of Financial Aide. I have to pay for my classes this semester because of my attempts to pass college classes hasn't really been easy, but I never give up not at all. Right now I am averaging a B in a class failed 2 times and dropped two times. You just have to put yourself out there and succeed or try to. Well and if you don't get off the ground and get back on that horse giving up is not a option to me.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited March 2013
    That's awesome! I had no idea. Thanks for sharing, StephenTM
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    damong63damong63 Posts: 540 Member
    edited March 2013
    Why are your sims so low on funds? My sims have all taken their household funds from their homes with them to University.
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited March 2013
    damong63 wrote:
    Why are your sims so low on funds? My sims have all taken their household funds from their homes with them to University.

They might have been playing with a Sim fresh out of CAS. Or the family they came from didn't have a lot of money to begin with.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited March 2013
    I always send my sims to apply for Extra Funds every day :mrgreen: . I used the funds to renovate the dormitory though and his house back home :wink: .

You can apply extra funds for each sim every day. So if you have 2 sims with the high performance bar, you can get 10000 simoleons every day. This way your sims can become very rich quickly without motherlode :P .
  • Options
    WorldTraveler76WorldTraveler76 Posts: 415 Member
    edited March 2013
    For me personally... I had to redo the dorm so that is why my money was so low, so it was very nice to get the extra $5,500, I look at it like the college refunding me the money I had to use to make the dorm livable.
  • Options
    StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited March 2013
    damong63 wrote:
    After my Sim purchased his house he only had about 2,000 left, and tuition was something like 1,500 so they had around 500 left... then they opted to rent a house, which was 400 or so.

~100 simoleons left. :lol:

He's come a long way from those days now, though. He has a degree in Business (A), Science & Medicine (A), and Physical Education (B). His spouse has degrees in Fine Arts (A), and Science and Medication (B). He is level 10 in business, his spouse is level 7 in Film (Director branch), and they have two children (one child and one toddler, both boys), and live in a penthouse with a net worth of 150,000.

That education sure helped a ton!
  • Options
    Kc71886Kc71886 Posts: 658 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've got two sims at Uni and sent them both for extra funds the last time I played. They each for $2500. Didn't know I could send them every day! Will try next time I play.
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited March 2013
    I agree ...
    my newly created sim had just 9000 § when she started with her 2 terms of university.
    When she left university she had 17000 §, thanks to applying for extra funds twice :D
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited March 2013
    I just sent my sim to University and first thing I did was add 2 showers on her floor, fix up the kitchen with 2 microwaves, a fryer, and split the room she was sharing into two rooms so she could have a double bed. Left me low on funds, so I went to the admin building and applied for extra funds, and she got 3500 simoleons. Woot, now she could make it. Might try again on that Friday before going home.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    damong63damong63 Posts: 540 Member
    edited March 2013
    They might have been playing with a Sim fresh out of CAS. Or the family they came from didn't have a lot of money to begin with.

OHHHH... of course. :lol:
  • Options
    Megaen1Megaen1 Posts: 70 Member
    edited March 2013
    cool thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    ComputosaurusComputosaurus Posts: 113 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Sid1701D9 wrote:
    I believe that is the housing part of Financial Aide. I have to pay for my classes this semester because of my attempts to pass college classes hasn't really been easy, but I never give up not at all. Right now I am averaging a B in a class failed 2 times and dropped two times. You just have to put yourself out there and succeed or try to. Well and if you don't get off the ground and get back on that horse giving up is not a option to me.
    I love this! I too, have struggled with college a lot. I find this kind of story very inspirational. It is fun to make my sims live out these types of situations as well. :-)