Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why was Education ignored for University?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    kushakusha Posts: 2,465 New Member
    edited March 2013
    As a real-life education major, this annoys me to no end. I hate that there isn't a LTW for education, and now no degree for it. I feel like that entire career path is severely underdeveloped, and has a lot of potential.

I would love to see my sims having to "grade homework" at home, offer tutoring sessions, run the school play, coach school sports, etc.
    I agree. I feel like education was going to be in the base game but they decided to wait and throw it into something later to add to it. They probably felt Ambitions was a good place to throw it in. The career is often ignored in reviews and things, it's often not even mentioned when they say what new careers there are :( Same with the upgraded medical career, but less often.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2013
    In theory, just about any of the majors should help in the Education career, so they could have set it up that any degree would provide a boost in Education. Teachers major in different subjects depending what part of education they're going into; my oldest niece got a general Liberal Arts degree because she was going to be an elementary school teacher (she's now been teaching over 20 years), while my youngest niece majored in English Literature because she's going to be a high school English teacher (once her fiance gets a job and they know where they'll be living).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Adventure4U1Adventure4U1 Posts: 239 Member
    edited March 2013
    You know, maybe you're right.

It makes sense.
    Life is an Adventure
    Not a movie
  • Options
    MattJGUKMattJGUK Posts: 8
    edited March 2013
    Totally agree with the OP. More emphasis was placed on other careers from the base game and it seems like the Education career was ignored, in addition to the other Ambitions professions and careers..

I think this has been brought up before but I believe certain careers should require a degree when you get to a certain level, for example from Level 4 onwards the Medical career should require a degree in Science and Technology and if you don't have that degree you cannot be promoted to the next level. This would mean only the most academically performing Sims and those that went to University would get the best jobs.
  • Options
    robbygordonfanrobbygordonfan Posts: 87
    edited March 2013
    MattJGUK wrote:

I think this has been brought up before but I believe certain careers should require a degree when you get to a certain level, for example from Level 4 onwards the Medical career should require a degree in Science and Technology and if you don't have that degree you cannot be promoted to the next level. This would mean only the most academically performing Sims and those that went to University would get the best jobs.

I have had this thought more than once recently. It would be so much more realistic. I also wish they would have tied in new Uni jobs with the degrees. My sim ended up with a degree in Business, which was almost a waste since he is a video game developer and had to start at level 1 anyways.
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited March 2013
    MattJGUK wrote:

I have had this thought more than once recently. It would be so much more realistic. I also wish they would have tied in new Uni jobs with the degrees. My sim ended up with a degree in Business, which was almost a waste since he is a video game developer and had to start at level 1 anyways.

Interesting concept! But I think being forced to go to university (which I hated in Sims 2 - not so bad in Sims 3) would turn me off of any career other than working at the day spa or something, lol.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yeah the lack of love for the education career really burns my buttons. Even though there is no lifetime wish for it, I still use that career path a lot. I like to use it for my sims that don't have a career lifetime wish and that I want to have several children. Something I always remember from school teachers always seemed to be pregnant :lol: The need to patch this into the game or something. Make it so ANY degree will provide a boost in the education career. But they probably won't do it. It's clear by the sheer neglect of this career path, not even providing a lifetime wish for it and everything, that they simply have no love or respect for teachers. and its sad and infuriating!!
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    ...And the spam accounts resurrect another thread once again.

Move along.