Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graduation... A waiting time of 6 hours or more

So my sim graduated but there was a mass of sims standing in front of the entrance to the graduation ceremony. After about 4-6 sim hours my sim finally put her graduation robe on and after 2 more hours of waiting she finally entered the building. The rest of the sims still waited outside. My sim came back out probably because it took so long for the other sims (which were still waiting). In the end I think she didn't have a succesfull graduation. She doesn't have a diploma for Uni and she didn't get an extra trait. The work panel does say she completed her degree so that's at least the one thing she got.

Anyone has a work around this? This is the only problem that I encountered during her Uni time so far.
I would like her to have a nice ceremony and get an extra trait and diploma.

Edit: I didn't have any problems getting her home.

Comments

• Options
    proconprocon Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2013
    Same thing happened to me. Only when took my Sims back to the university I discovered that it said she had graduated even though she didn't get any of the nice perks or benefits. Now she is working on her second degree and I expect the same disappointing glitch will happen again. :(
  • Options
    PikakeNikolePikakeNikole Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 2013
    I had the same issue. One sim was able to get her degree and her extra trait, and the other did not!
  • Options
    brokenpetalbrokenpetal Posts: 9 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Same thing happened to me. No new trait or diploma :( It's all because everyone on the lot is trying to graduate at the same time. The next time I was going to try and be at the building before anyone else got there to see if it helped.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited March 2013
    same here :(
  • Options
    SpunkeSpunke Posts: 62 New Member
    edited March 2013
    It happened to me once. What I do now is after I check the mail at the house/dorm at 10am on Saturday I have my sim go to the Stadium building and hang out outside. As soon as the Graduate action comes up they run right in before the other ppl get there. Its worked every time since. The pile up still happens but my sim makes it in to graduate and get the diploma and extra trait. :D
  • Options
    piratekitagpiratekitag Posts: 3,326 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Did you invite any family members/friends to her graduation?

I had the issue of waiting a long time before my sim was able to graduate too. She technically went to her graduation three times. The first two times after waiting forever and getting the message she will be going home soon I exited the game without saving.

The last time she was able to go and get in, graduate, etc in no time.

The first two times I had her invite her daughter and her boyfriend from her home town. The last time she didn't invite anyone.
  • Options
    ems66676ems66676 Posts: 71 Member
    edited March 2013
    i had that first time but i saved on the day of graduation at 9 am and just went back and had them wait outside until it was time i did that again when i sent my male sim back
  • Options
    okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited March 2013
    Did you invite any family members/friends to her graduation?

I had the issue of waiting a long time before my sim was able to graduate too. She technically went to her graduation three times. The first two times after waiting forever and getting the message she will be going home soon I exited the game without saving.

The last time she was able to go and get in, graduate, etc in no time.

The first two times I had her invite her daughter and her boyfriend from her home town. The last time she didn't invite anyone.
    I tried to invite people but she didn't make a call or anything. She was living alone so not sure if she could invite people to the graduation.
  • Options
    LushiePushieLushiePushie Posts: 237 Member
    edited March 2013
    OMG yes, the traffic jam at the door of the arena when graduation rolls around is horrific! I did the same thing a couple of other people mentioned - graduation begins at 1 PM so I sent my Sim to the arena around 12 or 12 30. She got there before everyone else and when she was prompted to attend the graduation ceremony she spun into her gown and went through the door in about 5 seconds. She successfully graduated, got her diploma and her extra trait and went home happy :)

Before I figured this out my poor Sim ended up having to wait hours and hours to get into the arena and when she finally got inside the graduation was pretty much over and she didn't get her diploma or her additional trait! I said screw this and exited without saving, went back in and redid it. So moral of the story is, don't wait for the game to prompt you to go to graduation, just make your Sim head over to the venue early.
  • Options
    brokenpetalbrokenpetal Posts: 9 New Member
    edited March 2013
    That's good to hear that waiting at the stadium actually works. I will have to try that now :)
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited March 2013
    Same thing just happened to me. :( I sent 4 Sims in but only 2 came out with the degrees, I caught the other 2 chatting to random Sims without their degrees. :? I suppose I'll have to quit without saving.
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2013
    That is weird. My sim got his extra trait after his first two week term. I guess because he had a lot of extra credits from scholarships maybe he is far enough along to qualify?? He has not finished yet.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited March 2013
    There are several threads about this and the general advice seems to be save your game before graduation and make sure your simmie is first at the door! Hopefully there'll be a fix soon ... :?
  • Options
    SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have had this, now at about noon I take my sims to the stadium and stand outside so they are the first in line. Apparently it is first come first serve. I imagine that it does help not to have a bunch of people coming to the graduation as they are treated much like the graduates.
  • Options
    Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited March 2013
    This happened to me too, but smartphone, Sim, and other Sims have become unclickable and Sims weren't sent home. I tried "Drop Out of University" to try to solve.
  • Options
    tingahn911tingahn911 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited March 2013
    The only solution i can offer you guys is. After the 2nd week of exam save your game. So that if your sim got caught up in the traffic jam of sims you can reload go there early. I do feel sorry for other sims that are graduating and didn't manage to get in. I saw like 4 to 5 sims in my game who couldn't get in to their ceremony and just stood there with their grad clothes on.
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited May 2013
    GoG8Trzl.jpg?1

I just ran into this bug myself. Kind of frustrating! Something they should have figures out right away before the released it. QA/QC sure missed the ball on a lot of these bugs (as they had a similar bug for LN so they should be able to watch out for it)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    I read about the glitch earlier, so I sent my Sim to the stadium right after breakfast; I had him read, play kicky bag and play his guitar to kill time (not all at once of course!). When the alert came up that graduation was starting, he was the first one in, and got his degree and extra trait with no problem. I then sent him back to the fraternity (where he was living for his final term) and he took friendly shots with all of his frat brothers except for Jeffrey Dean who got a romantic photo (they were going steady at the time) and also collected the mail. He got home fine, then invited Jeffrey over and the two of them had a quickie wedding in the snow on the beach in Lucky Palms. :roll:

My second University Sim is finishing up his final term, so I'll make sure he does the same thing.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2013
    okido1987 wrote:
    So my sim graduated but there was a mass of sims standing in front of the entrance to the graduation ceremony. After about 4-6 sim hours my sim finally put her graduation robe on and after 2 more hours of waiting she finally entered the building. The rest of the sims still waited outside. My sim came back out probably because it took so long for the other sims (which were still waiting). In the end I think she didn't have a succesfull graduation. She doesn't have a diploma for Uni and she didn't get an extra trait. The work panel does say she completed her degree so that's at least the one thing she got.

Anyone has a work around this? This is the only problem that I encountered during her Uni time so far.
    I would like her to have a nice ceremony and get an extra trait and diploma.

Edit: I didn't have any problems getting her home.

You can cancer the automatic interaction the computer seems to send all sims to the door on the far left side however the other 3 or 4 doors are not used. Cancel the que and use one of the non crowed doors.

In one of the menus it should say graduation ceremony.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    D2DiamondD2Diamond Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2013
    Like everyone else said, get your sim there early.

However, if that doesn't happen, I've found another solution. I turned on the testingcheatsenabled, and moveobjects on and I thinned the crowed around the door. Moved people away from the entrance so that there's not a lot of people waiting around tapping their foot getting in the way of others trying to enter. You still want to get there as early as you can, but if there's still a wait, this will at least help with getting people in faster.

I just wish they would use all three entrances that are there.
    TSR%20Banner.png