Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you attend parties?

Ok yeah so it sounds like a dumb question, but my sim will get an invite to somebodies party on campus, usually you click the "attend party" tab that shows up in the message pop up and your sim will usually make their way there. The thing is my sim does not. I don't even know where the party is since it does not show in map view either. Then afew hours later I get a call saying you missed the party.

So how do you know where the party is at, since you can't see the location?

Comments

• Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited March 2013
    Parties in Uni have been pretty glitchy for me too. I've had the issue of being invited and then not seeing where the party is on the map. Also, I've had issues with being invited to a party by the same sim every night, only to go over and have the host not even be there in the first place, or have everyone leave and be hustled off of the lot only a few moments after the party was supposed to start. :roll: Hopefully they'll patch it. But for now, I pretty much ignore party invitations, which is too bad since a big part of this EP was supposed to be about partying.

One thing to consider, as far as parties not showing up on the map, is check and see if it's one of your roomies who's throwing the party. Perhaps the party map tag doesn't show up if it's actually happening at your house. :?:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    luvsicksimluvsicksim Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Unfortunately, I am having the same issue. It's dissapointing because my Sim loves to party :( and that's what you do in college. I need to party.... I mean my Sim needs to party.
  • Options
    Ava_xDAva_xD Posts: 826 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Sometimes people will throw parties and then you can't attend because the host isn't at their house. It happens a to me a lot and its so annoying.
  • Options
    tyeast69tyeast69 Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    If the host is not home at the time the party is supposed to start, just resetsim the host. The host will be forced back to their home lot and the party will go as planned.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited March 2013
    Or - meet as many people as you can and host your own parties. Gives you more control over where the keg is placed, how many are on the lot, etc., to avoid the routing issues when everyone goes for the one keg at the same time.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited March 2013
    A host not showing up at his party happened to me, I just kept clicking on the dorm and 15 minutes after the party was supposed to start, my sim could go...she went and there was no problem.

My main problem is, the parties at Uni are just as lame as the parties in my sim's home world. :roll: One sim plays the guitar and everyone gathers around to watch. There's a couple of kegger stands that happen but for the most part, nothing happens. One bonfire party, everyone stayed indoors and my sim was the only one at the bonfire. :roll:

So much for wild parties at Uni. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Toreth314Toreth314 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I've hosted some great parties at Uni even with the police showing up. Be sure you have at least one juice keg, music, & food. I used the buffet table but still had a ton of sims bringing food to my party. It also helps to at least greet everyone at your party. Chat them up and work the room. You'll have a great party.