The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guide - How to create Custom Patterns - updated

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited August 2009
    czsworld wrote:
    Does it matter if you use photoshop or gimp or could I use another software?

Shortly after the first release of the Pattern Packager Syera and I pioneered creating four-channel patterns using Paint Shop Pro 9 and I set about to writing a tutorial for that. You can find it under the Tutorials section at BogSims Institute.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    edited August 2009
    BSIRegina wrote:
    czsworld wrote:
    Does it matter if you use photoshop or gimp or could I use another software?

Shortly after the first release of the Pattern Packager Syera and I pioneered creating four-channel patterns using Paint Shop Pro 9 and I set about to writing a tutorial for that. You can find it under the Tutorials section at BogSims Institute.

Thank you so much! I have updated my topic with your tutorial link in p.6.

Happy creating!
  • Options
    SaffronCat5SaffronCat5 Posts: 634 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Bump..
  • Options
    voshanavoshana Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    .... Huh? I just read this entire thing and I'm so confused. Can someone write a "for dummies" guide on creating custom patterns for those of us who are tech challenged?
  • Options
    SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    edited August 2009
    voshana wrote:
    .... Huh? I just read this entire thing and I'm so confused. Can someone write a "for dummies" guide on creating custom patterns for those of us who are tech challenged?
    Hello voshana! I have listed the most simple and available tutorials. You have to download DDS utilities and paint programs to work with. Please go through every tutorial and hopefully one of them would be the most understandable for you. This is only a guide.
    Happy simming!