Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Celebrities Options

I have a question about the new celebrity option in the game options. Let's say I have two neighborhoods that I'm playing. I'll call them Hood A(Appalonsa Pine) & Hood B(Bridgeport) for the sake of this question. So for Hood A I have where there are no celebs and no one in my active household can be celebs & in hood b I made it so I can have celebs and celeb status. My question is will changing my options to enable celebs in Hood B mess up my options in Hood A?
Simming for 19 years!
Family Tree
Playing Mod & CC Free

Comments

• Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited March 2013
    I think I play pretty similarly with two towns. One of them has celebrities, but no supernaturals, the other one supernaturals but no celebrities. While you're not playing in certain town the options you are using in your other game don't affect the saved game you're not playing.

The only problem with this, is that you always need to chance the options right away, when you start playing in the other town.

It was kind of annoying when I'd played my celebrity game for a couple of simdays and then noticed a fairy. I just had to quit without saving, because I'd accidentally left the supernaturals on, when I started the game.

So, it's possible to play with different settings in different games, but you just pretty much need to check the options every time you start playing, so that you don't accidentally have the wrong creatures checked :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited March 2013
    It drives me crazy that the Options are universal across all our games! I want to set Options for each saved game and not have to remember to go in and change them every single time I log on. I have very different playstyles across several games and this is a perpetual source of irritation. C'mon EA, fix this!!! LOL
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited March 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    It drives me crazy that the Options are universal across all our games! I want to set Options for each saved game and not have to remember to go in and change them every single time I log on. I have very different playstyles across several games and this is a perpetual source of irritation. C'mon EA, fix this!!! LOL

Totally agree :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited March 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:

I agree too! Who wants to have to double check every time they load a game?! EA, get on this!!

Thanks gals for helping me :D
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    sodafizz1sodafizz1 Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    I have been scared to buy LN because of the celebrity complaints. I want the content without celebrities or vampires (I don't have supernatural either). Can I turn them both off with the new patch and does it actually work?

Thanks!!