Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unrelated thread but need input from people I trust.

Basically im handing in my resignation tomorrow and I'm so nervous. Could you please take a peek at it and give any feedback you might have?
This is my first time so any help with this would be fantastic!

Dear Mrs.X,

It is with great regret that I am formally submitting my resignation from my role as Teaching Assistant/Individual Needs Assistant.

I hereby give you an advanced notice of my resignation to give you due time to find a replacement.

My last day of employment will be 24/05/2013
I would like to thank you and all the staff here at XXX for the opportunities and especially their support, in helping me to train here as a Teaching Assistant.
I very much appreciate the opportunity’s I have had here as a Teaching Assistant and as an Individual Needs Assistant. All of these experiences and working with such a diverse variety of children and staff has enabled me to develop as a teaching assistant and as a person.

If I can be of any assistance during this transition, please let me know. I would be glad to help however I can.

Yours faithfully

XXXX

Comments

• Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited March 2013
    Sounds very tactful and direct to me. Good luck hon.:D
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    wangtasticwangtastic Posts: 426 Member
    edited March 2013
    Fantastic, thank you so so much!
    I dont know how im going to do it, im going to be a nervous wreck ill be in tears haha!
    Im so excited to leave but yeah :S :oops:
  • Options
    ShrillShrill Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited March 2013
    That sounds great to me, I'm sure they will appreciate your words :)

I hate being as nitpicky as I am, but it should be the plural opportunities rather than the possessive opportunity's. That's all I spotted though :D

Best of luck!
  • Options
    Katybug273Katybug273 Posts: 446 Member
    edited March 2013
    I think you covered everything they say to put in one. The date your leaving, a thank you for the opportunity, and looks like your leaving on good terms - temporary closing the door but not slamming it shut and locking it (so to speak)
  • Options
    scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited March 2013
    That is well written, to the point & polite so I think it is good to go. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited March 2013
    Written very well, but there's a few typos.
    I very much appreciate the opportunity’s I have had here as a Teaching Assistant and as an Individual Needs Assistant. All of

opportunity's should be opportunities.Not trying to be nitpicky, just submitting feedback.

Edit: Looks like Shrill already pointed that out.
  • Options
    wangtasticwangtastic Posts: 426 Member
    edited March 2013
    Just to let everyone know I handed it in and it all went really smoothly !
    Oddly enough I walked in and she was crying :S
    So I suppose she was already upset making it less of a blow ?
    Who knows thank goodness thats over!!!
    Thank you for all your help and support (: