Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Register - Serial Number invalid!

I just finished downloading and installing my Limited Edition, and was able to access my two downloadable content item packs...

I can't, however, register my game!

I copied and pasted, and I manually went in and typed each letter and number in - all in correct order - and I keep getting a little red-text error underneath telling me that the code is invalid, and I need to enter a valid Serial Number.

Anyone else running into this problem?

Comments

• Options
    mishmushmishmush Posts: 2,953 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I am too. How do you get the le stuff without registering the game?
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited March 2013
    howdy! so you dont have to register Ul..though i did check both of u and the game isnt showing up..but i thought the bonus stuff since it has its own codes u can just add ...

is it not letting u register those codes? ill try mine

• Options
    edited March 2013
    ok was able to register party and social thing...try clean out cookies
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited March 2013
    I had the same problem .. I thought if it was a DD there was no need to register, Origin registered it for you.

Am I wrong?
  • Options
    chuckwingchuckwing Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I am having the same issues. I have cleared out my cookies but none of my serial codes will be accepted - either for the game itself or for the Party and School Spirit Packs
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The party pack and school spirt pack worked for me it was the registration code for UNI that wouldn't work but the game is running smooth so that's all I care about at 3:30am.

Are you putting the right codes into the correct registration page? Stupid question but it is late.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    so ya if u bought from origin u don't have to register UL..it's automatic..the bonus stuff u do have to enter codes

the one thing I can think of check your mypage is UL showing if not u may have to wait until it does before bonus codes work..not certain on this though..

• Options
    RickyVegasRickyVegas Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same problem, guess I don't need the Mascot Attack Pack right now anyway. I have everything else already installed. Just a little annoying since I wanted the llama decal for dorm room décor.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:

the one thing I can think of check your mypage is UL showing if not u may have to wait until it does before bonus codes work..not certain on this though..

Idk .. I'm missing about half of my games on mypage even though I registered them .. including UNI and my codes worked just fine.

Have you tried looking at your purchase history ..maybe the code was accepted and already used that's why you are receiving an error.
  • Options
    mishmushmishmush Posts: 2,953 New Member
    edited March 2013
    It wont register anything. Cookies cleared and all. Don't think a jig will help this time! Lol
  • Options
    wolffriendinuswolffriendinus Posts: 94 Member
    edited March 2013
    To answer one of the questions at least, IF you downloaded using origin, then YES it automatically registers the game for you, however I do beleive you still have to enter the second code to get the bonus items.
  • Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm having an issue with the Party Pack content. I got my SchoolStuff content but the link for the Party Pack is the same. I'm really confused! :?

A kind friend helped clear up the Packs issue.. It was on Sims VIP

This is the link to the Party Pack Bundle download for those of you who are having the same issue I am...

http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/UniversityLifeRedeem.html

This is the link for the School Spirit Pack...

http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/ep9origin
    Post edited by Unknown User on