Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, Apartments is a new lot type in University?

That made me feel better because the patched system was lacking. Hoped for more information, guess I will have to wait.
Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.

Comments

• Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2013
    I was pleasantly surprised by this information. It looks like it may be better than I thought.
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm really looking forward to it. I saw a building in a picture, it was an apartment. It looked like there were two or more apartments. Which is cool because when they said roommates I thought they meant they'd live there with you. I hope we have apartment neighbors we can actually be friends with.
  • Options
    Enjoji101Enjoji101 Posts: 108 Member
    edited March 2013
    *comes out of lurking*

I totally missed that piece of info... may have to watch the replay; the chat was quite laggy for me :( ... here's hoping that apartments have more to offer once the game is actually installed *fingers crossed*

*goes back to lurking*
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited March 2013
    Really, I figured there was more coming after seeing the patched room mate system. It doesn't work properly and EA needs to fix it, but I hope that the Apartment lot will give much more. Now I am getting excited to see more, can't wait to download and install the game.

I might play with apartments more than the University part in the first week. :)
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm so excited for this...although, don't we technically already have apartments? Will we still have to use the same building techniques to create them? I have so many questions! I do hope they are more TS2 style and we have actual neighbors. It appears that the sims team has really been listening to us lately.

And I can't wait to add the coffee shop items to my bakery! WOOT! Seeing it was my favorite part of the broadcast.
  • Options
    qnoftheamazonqnoftheamazon Posts: 643 Member
    edited March 2013
    About time. I wonder if that will add to the blueprint feature we have?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    I'm so excited for this...although, don't we technically already have apartments? Will we still have to use the same building techniques to create them? I have so many questions! I do hope they are more TS2 style and we have actual neighbors. It appears that the sims team has really been listening to us lately.

And I can't wait to add the coffee shop items to my bakery! WOOT! Seeing it was my favorite part of the broadcast.

:lol: It is exciting.

I have lots of questions too, but they seem to be closed mouth about it. That makes me worried. This is one feature that I am looking forward to.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited March 2013
    From what I can gather (and I could be wrong) the UL apartment system is dorms in your homeworld only with rent instead of rent free. You can have 8 sims (including yours) in the apartments (just as with dorms). You can prepopulate it with NPC roommates, putting restrictions on doors/beds. If you don't prepopulate it the game will populate it for you.

Remembering, I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm excited for the apartment lot designation. The high rise "apartments" that came with LN were nothing more than glorified houses on stilts. You can't see inside your neighbours homes which is no fun since you can't actually visit their homes. Plus with the apartments that are coming with Uni it will mean we can have more homes for sims in a neighbourhood.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I am trying to stay reserved in my excitement and speculation, because I don't want to be disappointed. Somehow it is starting to peek through, my excitement for apartments.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Can we own apartment buildings and rent them out? I'm just curious about the official way this will work. I'm using NRAAs and I have a guy in town that is buying up a bunch of "rental" property. He can't possibly be living in all of those places and I get a little popup saying he will enjoy the extra income. (I'm not playing that family so I have no idea if it is doing anything) In the broadcast today, it sounded like you could only be a renter, but I might have just misunderstood.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    That was all I know, about the sim being the renter. I have to examine how to play my Twallan's SP, don't know much about caste and want to learn how it works. Is that why you have a sim buying up rental property?

I don't know if sims can own the rental property, but I am sure Twallan will make it possible, or even more fun.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited March 2013
    blewis823 wrote:
    Really, I figured there was more coming after seeing the patched room mate system. It doesn't work properly and EA needs to fix it, but I hope that the Apartment lot will give much more. Now I am getting excited to see more, can't wait to download and install the game.

I might play with apartments more than the University part in the first week. :)

Same! It will probably be a while before I even try the university system. The two features I really want are the smartphones and the apartments.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited March 2013
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    Can we own apartment buildings and rent them out? I'm just curious about the official way this will work. I'm using NRAAs and I have a guy in town that is buying up a bunch of "rental" property. He can't possibly be living in all of those places and I get a little popup saying he will enjoy the extra income. (I'm not playing that family so I have no idea if it is doing anything) In the broadcast today, it sounded like you could only be a renter, but I might have just misunderstood.

With the mod Nraas SP you can be a landlord. My sim bought a rental property and was actually making a decent amount of money off her little high rise apartment in Bridgeport.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Is that a new feature of SP because I have been using these mods for years and I've never had that happen before? Either way, I like it! Now that is what having a self-sustaining little economy is all about.

My ultimate goal is to merge SimCity with The Sims.