Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    tbluetblue Posts: 474 Member
    edited February 2013
    oh i also use some of nraas mods and have some store content
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited February 2013
    tblue wrote:
    Not bad. But if you're going to spend $999 for it then why not just get it from the source with a better processor (i7) and 8 GB of RAM for $1079?

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51/pd.aspx

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited February 2013
    1,000 Wooping Bucks? I don't have that kind of Money! Since my Family Divorce, money has been sort of limited. My Mother says it will start to get more limited during the Summer.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    thanks for the advice blunote00
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    will sims 3 run on windows 8?
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited February 2013
    10eliblue wrote:
    1,000 Wooping Bucks? I don't have that kind of Money! Since my Family Divorce, money has been sort of limited. My Mother says it will start to get more limited during the Summer.

Very off topic and unnecessary... :roll:

I don't see why it wouldn't run on windows 8, but I've never used it so I can't give accurate advice. I found this though, which may help:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/517437.page

Oh, and alienware computers are amazing. Hopefully one day I'll be able to customize and own one! I've never seen one in person, but from what people say about them, they run games very smoothly.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    thank you brookesaywhatx

does anyone else use windows 8 and if so do you have any problems running sims 3
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited February 2013
    I've got the aurora by alienware. It's not as good as that one, so you should be fine. Geez, I paid a lot more for mine too....grrrr. lol.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    nakedglovesnakedgloves Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    Just want to put my two-cents in here, I have almost the exact same build (I have 16 GB of RAM though) and I bought all of the parts and assembled it myself. It's a lot cheaper and very easy :)

I do not recommend buying that model of Alienware (or any model of Alienware other than Aurora) due to known overheating issues.

All of the specs of that computer are wonderful for The Sims 3 and all expansions though. Like I said, I am running almost the same configuration and all of my settings are maxed and I have a high resolution texture mod installed as well, no lag or overheating.
  • Options
    taylor7878taylor7878 Posts: 151 Member
    edited February 2013
    I play sims on windows 8 laptop and have had no problems at all,
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited February 2013
    tblue wrote:
    thank you brookesaywhatx

does anyone else use windows 8 and if so do you have any problems running sims 3

hey tblue, so win 8 is a mixed bag..there have been some recent updates that have caused many problems in different gaming communities..though it doesnt mean u will have problems or that i think all cant be overcomed.

personally im avoiding win 8 and perhaps this is a helpful suggestion that if u buy from manufacturer u just contact customer service to see if they can just give u win 7 instead..or buy it separately the prices have dropped and in my opinion its such a great OS...

overall many use it but then again many of us are avoiding it..

HTH