Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch 1.50 - What have your Sims found down the container so far?

Hi folks, I´m pretty excited about the new patch, but have to wait until tomorrow installing it due to computer issues.

I´m very curious about the container diving, because I love to play challenges, in which my Sims have to collect/steal their food and furniture (or make it by themselves with Ambitions).

So what have your Sims earned from container diving (the decorative containers can now be searched like the trashcans)?

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,571 Member
    edited February 2013
    I haven't dived yet lol. But I did see Connor Frio in SV diving at the back of the salon. He was at it for ages.

Dumpster.jpg

One of my friends posted that their sim got a rug and a cheap chair, with some 'getting dirty' moodlets.
  • Options
    NakbabyNakbaby Posts: 146 New Member
    edited February 2013
    My sim found a grill and a butterfly. Lol
  • Options
    sarahbs85sarahbs85 Posts: 97
    edited February 2013
    My sim has found a gem and a single bed so far :D
  • Options
    stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    edited February 2013
    sarahbs85 wrote:
    My sim has found a gem and a single bed so far :D

Oooh, that´s great news. Beds have always been a problem because you can´t make them as sculptor and I never was able to steal one.
    Do things from the container give the crappy environment mood like the things rescued from the junkyard? In my game these things never regenerate or can be fixed so my collector sims have to live with this bad moodlet :lol: .
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited February 2013
    My sim Alice Unik;

screenshot16rs.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

screenshot17zn.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

She found a clock that hangs on the wall, several butterflyes, some bugs, and a bench. ( sorry if i misspelled, writing this in a hurry )
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited February 2013
    She found a trash bin! :roll: She had to head home right after so i didn't have her go back in.. I will have to check out later what else i can find.
    8491438606_2a290e6d59_b.jpg"width=800"
    8491439056_df6880368d_b.jpg"width=800"
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you so much for sharing these pics and expierences!!! How often can you dive down a container? Is it greyed out for a while after diving like the trashcans?
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited February 2013
    Found a random sim to try it out

Screenshot-2693_zps0b995d57.jpg

and she found a dumper dive buddy to dive with

Screenshot-2695_zps8ac4af5b.jpg

{finding chairs, lamps, lady bugs,rugs}

this is so cool for a hobo sims gotta make one ..it will seem more realistic :roll:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I was thinking that too. :D A hobo Sim will be perfect now.
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited February 2013
    I might make a sim tonight and give him a sleeping bag, no house. On a 10x10 lot and go from there. hmm see if I can survive without having a job or steady income other than looking for things. I have played since launch and haven't tried this yet... he might freeze to death in winter? lol
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited February 2013
    I wonder what personalities are more likely to dumpster dive. I'm sure a sloppy sims would and a proper sim wouldn't. I also wonder if the police can get evidence from it?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    SuRihtanil wrote:
    I might make a sim tonight and give him a sleeping bag, no house. On a 10x10 lot and go from there. hmm see if I can survive without having a job or steady income other than looking for things. I have played since launch and haven't tried this yet... he might freeze to death in winter? lol
    Give him a fire pit. :D For Summer he might have to keep jumping into the ocean or the community pool.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited February 2013
    SuRihtanil wrote:

I can say you can become very rich in a very short time. I tested this for a few sim days. Gave a tiny building with just a bathroom, sleepingbag, and outside grill thingy. After a few days of long dumpster diving my sim got a lot of furniture, bugs, decorations,, and just everything to fill a house and more. She has tons of stuff in her family inventory and could be rich. The only I had to supply was a bed, toilet, bathtub, counters, a fridge, and stove. The bed didn't show for my sim, but it didn't matter I sold bugs, rocks, and some high repeatables..she had 9,000 simoleons and still the family inventory was filled with stuff..lol

I just test run it..you can safely live off dumpster diving and get rich without a hitch.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm looking forward to this.

As a side note, I was poking around in the updated gameplay package and noticed that a trashpile bed was now listed with all of the other beds. I wonder if this is an actual pile of trash we can sleep in or a new trashy looking bed. This could be fun!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,456 Member
    edited February 2013
    My sim found a nice sofa and a new car yes a car.
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Wow, a full car? Jeez. I'm so happy they put dumpster diving into it! :thumbup:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,456 Member
    edited February 2013
    The stuff goes to your sims family inventory not the regular one.
  • Options
    SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited February 2013
    It doesn't seem like you can consign collectables you found while dumpster diving, which is odd. My sim found a smithsonite gem that I placed in his personal inventory, then went to the consignment store to get a better deal, but the gem was not in sight to sell when the menu popped up. :?

That's quite awesome that you can find cars though and I LOVE that they put this feature in anyways! :P
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited February 2013
    Does the dumpster diving work in any town or just SV?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited February 2013
    Omg! That is TOO funny! Thanks for all who shared pics. I'm gonna try this out tomorrow after work (well, and going out to preorder university finally). I'm waiting for the new patch to install along with some new store content. :)
  • Options
    SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Does the dumpster diving work in any town or just SV?

It works in every town that has a dumpster :D Right now I'm dumpster diving in Bridgeport!
  • Options
    xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited February 2013
    My current family is in Starlight Shores. I may just dumpster dive before bed tonight after the patch installs. :P
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2013
    I made my homeless Sim sell everything that she found in her family inventory after her dumpster dives; with that and picking flowers, she was able to make a small house. Well, I actually started her off in a basement. I may play another homeless Sim in another town, and this time just let them keep whatever furniture and odds and ends they find in the dumpster and just have them sell the bugs. It should be interesting.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited February 2013
    i love the dumpster diving it's so funny thanks ea
    my sim was able to dumpster dive at hogans dumpster he found perfume and the two ton table
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    MrHawk wrote:
    As a side note, I was poking around in the updated gameplay package and noticed that a trashpile bed was now listed with all of the other beds. I wonder if this is an actual pile of trash we can sleep in or a new trashy looking bed. This could be fun!
    That soundds awesome. I still miss the option from Sims 2, that my toddler can sleep in pet´s beds and eat pet´s food. It was so cute.

@CLP a car :shock: that´s pretty cool. Which modell was it? The cheap one?