Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the Major for the Education Career? Answered Via New Patch - Thank You Sims 3 Team!! :)

Does anyone know? I used the search function but could not find any current topics on the Education career - and definitely no topics specifically related to University and the Education career.

As far as I can tell, there are currently two jobs not supported by a University education: the Criminal career, and the Education career. I can see it for the Criminal path, but Education? Yikes. Our Sims really need to have their Educators educated.

I think the Education career could be boosted by the Communications major, but it's no doubt too late to add it in the game.

All the Ambitions jobs and all self-employed jobs are missing, too. I guess these career paths rely on the University of Life. :D

UPDATE: June 18th - The new patch gives a boost to the Education career for any degree obtained at University. That is terrific news - thank you so much!! :D

Comments

• Options
    PretodaPretoda Posts: 1,533 New Member
    edited February 2013
    They didn't add the Careers for Ambitions because not Everyone has it. So you won't be able to have skills that are in there done however you can work your way around them.
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited February 2013
    ^ Yet they added the Fortune Teller career (Supernatural) and the Film career (Late Night). I saw it on a screenshot.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    flamingtelepathsflamingtelepaths Posts: 650 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure that our Sims can get the necessary skills needed for the education career while college even though there won't be a degree related to education.
    a093fca0a4a4270bbd5630459e68d7e2.jpg
  • Options
    GilbertoFishGilbertoFish Posts: 516 Member
    edited February 2013
    I would just use your imagination, even though there isn't a specific major for them. For example, have them take Fine Art and pretend they're an art teacher or whatever.
  • Options
    Simmerfreak44Simmerfreak44 Posts: 1,641 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Jaline33 wrote:
    Does anyone know? I used the search function but could not find any current topics on the Education career - and definitely no topics specifically related to University and the Education career.

As far as I can tell, there are currently two jobs not supported by a University education: the Criminal career, and the Education career. I can see it for the Criminal path, but Education? Yikes. Our Sims really need to have their Educators educated.

I think the Education career could be boosted by the Communications major, but it's no doubt too late to add it in the game.

All the Ambitions jobs and all self-employed jobs are missing, too. I guess these career paths rely on the University of Life. :D

I was also wondering this last night also what would benefit fromn that but sadly they didin't add it in :(
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Where is this mentioned, may I ask, about which majors support which careers?
  • Options
    thaydongirlthaydongirl Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the Criminal Career is supported by the Business major.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thetford wrote:

I copied and posted this from the sims wiki.

Communications Frequency Fun Mobile Radio Station[8][5] Conduct interviews and report on events within university
    Business Business Planner
    Science and Medicine Anatomy Skeleton
    Technology Brain Enhancement Machine
    Physical Education
    Fine Arts Sketchbook[citation needed] Sketch posed Sims (naked or not)
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Could it be that particular machine didn't have Ambitions installed?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thetford wrote:
    Could it be that particular machine didn't have Ambitions installed?

what do you mean.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2013
    They don't have an Education major, period, which in itself sucks, and I can't imagine why the Sim team left that out. It's got nothing to do with not having Ambitions, either. It's just sheer laziness on their part. Somebody wasn't doing their homework.

The closest you're going to get for an education major is physical education, and in real life that just qualifies you to be a coach and an physical edcuation teacher.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    They don't have an Education major, period, which in itself sucks, and I can't imagine why the Sim team left that out. It's got nothing to do with not having Ambitions, either. It's just sheer laziness on their part. Somebody wasn't doing their homework.

The closest you're going to get for an education major is physical education, and in real life that just qualifies you to be a coach and an physical edcuation teacher.

when university comes out can they at least add 2 more majors or something to mnake us happy.
  • Options
    DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    edited February 2013
    What about the communications major? I wonder will that help with the Education career.
  • Options
    GilbertoFishGilbertoFish Posts: 516 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure it won't take long for a modder to create some more majors to fill the gaps EA left.
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2013
    These were posted on Sims VIP:

Business Major:
    - Business
    - Criminal (oops! there that one is!)

Technology Major:
    - Military
    - Law Enforcement

Science & Medicine Major:
    - Science
    - Medicine

Fine Arts Major:
    - Music
    - Culinary
    - Film

Communications Major:
    - Journalism
    - Political
    - Fortune telling

Physical Education Major:
    - Sports

So yes, as previously pointed out there are careers from other Expansion Packs that will benefit from the Majors at University. It still remains that there is no Major for the Education career and I agree with Jarsie that this is a huge oversight. I run two of Twallan's mods and I'm happy keeping those up to date. I do not want to run a separate mod for such a specific feature of an EP, namely - the Majors that are one of the main purposes for going to University.

Optimistic me - I am hoping this might be rectified later with a patch as I'm sure there will be a patch within a month or two of the EP's release. :-)
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited February 2013
    That is a HUGE oversight by EA...tsk tsk. I mean a fortune teller benefits from a college education but not the men and women who help shape and mold the minds of tomorrow?? Wow! And its not even about working around and finding a major that sort of works. I want to know if because of this will there be no way to get a degree and get a head start in the education career, as in not starting out as a playground monitor. Or will you have learned the skills at university but because of this oversight still have to start as a lowly playground monitor. That is the question
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2013
    That is the question, indeed, lisbethbear. I think they should at least come out of University at the level where they are teaching school and get extra pay ($200 per lecture) when they do lectures after school.

The Education career path is a "natural" for University - the levels and bonuses are already there; our Sims just need the launching pad of a Major to pursue their career choice. Since the skills necessary are Logic and Charisma, they should probably have a separate major for it and just call it Education.

Down the road, that Major could also launch other possible career paths - that way, this Expansion Pack could be built on by future EPs, too.
  • Options
    lolzbrlolzbr Posts: 989 Member
    edited February 2013
    Thetford wrote:

I copied and posted this from the sims wiki.

Communications Frequency Fun Mobile Radio Station[8][5] Conduct interviews and report on events within university
    Business Business Planner
    Science and Medicine Anatomy Skeleton
    Technology Brain Enhancement Machine
    Physical Education
    Fine Arts Sketchbook[citation needed] Sketch posed Sims (naked or not)

These are the special objects they receive for signing themselves up for a major, not the careers that the major supports. And I agree, in the sims, you come across teachers everyday if your a child or teen. I hope something boosts the Education career, because normal teachers start as teachers.. not playground monitors.
  • Options
    NoonieForeverNoonieForever Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Thetford wrote:
    When you pick traits, read the info, there is a short paragragh at the bottom for some of them that say which majors, and career paths are best
  • Options
    Shelbyswim55Shelbyswim55 Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2014
    I was just browsing through the lessons, and I'm 95% positive that it said the Business degree links with Education. I'm not positive, though.
  • Options
    preppy2126preppy2126 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2014
    The Education Career is supported by the Business degree. :)
  • Options
    SaraSupermanSaraSuperman Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Is it just me that has read in game that the Business major is needed for the Education career?
  • Options
    ShadowessShadowess Posts: 1 New Member
    Wow 2014...lol I'm waaay late for this.
    I found this forum when trying to find out the same answers.
    When it looked like there was no major for the Education career track I just settled for using my imagination and getting all the majors as I'd think a teacher should know a little bit of everything. Just finished all majors and as soon as the sim got home I checked the "upload resume" option and the first thing to pop up was the Education career. I chose that and it jumped me straight to career level 4. So I guess the answer is ALL the majors are for Education? lol
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Shadowess - Upload resume? I think you might be playing TS4 there. :)

This thread is about TS3 on the TS3 section of the forum and its lack of an Education major. It's possible, but would be quite an accomplishment, for a sim to get degrees in all of the majors in TS3 Uni. For those so inclined, the NRaas Careers mod offers an Academics add-on module that provides an Education major.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top