Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell me I read this wrong...

So there is an email interview up on SimsVIP that says you take a vacation to Island Paradise.

http://www.gamesradar.com/sims-3-university-life-interview/

Did I really just read that Island Paradise functions not only as a homeworld, but as a vacation destination?

Someone please tell me I read that wrong. Please. Because if it's true... someone pass me a paper bag, I think I'm about to pass out. :shock:

Edit for clarification: The link is to another site, but I followed it from SimsVIP.

Comments

• Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited February 2013
    :shock: :shock: OMG NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY! Thanks for sharing!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::D:D:D:D
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited February 2013
    I think it's just the way it's worded. If it was to be used as a vacation world I think that's something they would have mentioned in the live chat.

Since it's a Sim world I assume you can do all the regular things like work, go to school....just regular Sim things but since you're on an island you can kick back and take a vacation.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited February 2013
    That would be amazing!

That way you could choose to live there in some of your saves and have your sims vacation there in your other saves! That will be really nice for those sims living in Bridgeport! They'll be able to take a vacation to Paradise Island! :D
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited February 2013
    They killed kenny... those....
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't read too much into that. Remember how they described Barnacle Bay?

Barnacle Bay is a vibrant vacation getaway with stunning beaches, campgrounds, parks, and a curiously modern downtown.
  • Options
    ScylScyl Posts: 461 Member
    edited February 2013
    Then I hope that they get rid of the travel req and let us travel to all the worlds we own..! :shock:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I knew it was too good to be true. Huge sigh.
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited February 2013
    Surreal wrote:
    I knew it was too good to be true. Huge sigh.

Me too. :(
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    zukrezukre Posts: 54
    edited February 2013
    I totally agree. we/simmers want are active sims/household to be able to travel or move to all the worlds/towns we own. like leaving family and friends behind and coming back to visit on especial occasions like holidays, birthdays, wedding and more...
  • Options
    KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited February 2013
    You read this wrong
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2013
    Here's the exact quote found on page 9 of that article:

There's no shortage of things to do in The Sims 3. After studying and partying hard, you can also relax, unwind, or perhaps take a vacation in another expansion, The Sims 3 Island Paradise.

The operative word here is "perhaps". So far, everything points to this being just another home world like Sunset Valley and the others.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Kael wrote:
    You read this wrong

Lolz - thanks. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I think y'all are right. Meh. I don't really expect them to open up travel between all worlds (even though they SHOULD), and to be honest, I wouldn't be looking forward to the glitchfest, but I was hoping with there being a resort, maybe just this one world could be used as a destination world as well. Oh well. Dream big or go home, right?
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited February 2013
    Scyl wrote:
    Then I hope that they get rid of the travel req and let us travel to all the worlds we own..! :shock:

There's a mod for that. :D
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited February 2013
    I have seen photos of houseboats in worlds like bridgeport, so there is a chance at least boats could be usable in homeworlds.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited February 2013
    Here's the quote from that article:
    There's no shortage of things to do in The Sims 3. After studying and partying hard, you can also relax, unwind, or perhaps take a vacation in another expansion, The Sims 3 Island Paradise.

It says you can take a vacation in another expansion if you want to, that expansion being IP. It doesn't say you can travel to the IP world for your vacation. Just like in real life, you can take a vacation from work or school without traveling anywhere.
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited February 2013
    Unfortunately, it sounds like poor phrasing. I don't think you will be able to travel to other worlds without mods.