Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bought a set I already own?

So i individualized a set for my wishlist and I already had it but accidentaly put it on my WL and it was on sale so I bought it. Will CS refund me or no? Has anyone ever tried?

Comments

• Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited February 2013
    They should (depending on the rep), I have bought sets before and got refunded subsets that I purchased (which wasn't accidental)
  • Options
    paul94597paul94597 Posts: 195 Member
    edited February 2013
    Try contacting CS immediately. I made the same mistake with one of the Mid-Century sets awhile back. They never refunded me, but I have to admit that I didn't pursue a refund as hard as I should have. :(

Now I keep a google spreadsheet of every set I own (including sets that are part of "collections" and the like).
  • Options
    lthill91lthill91 Posts: 435 Member
    edited February 2013
    Now I keep a google spreadsheet of every set I own (including sets that are part of "collections" and the like).
    That's a good Idea. I should do that. :-) :D
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited February 2013
    the other alternative to a spread sheet it to use Crinricts s3tool http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/s3s-browser

eta: op I hope you are able to keep your refund, there are sets that even when owned the single items will show up in the store as not owned here's a thread that helps with that http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/591802.page#9499865
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited February 2013
    I have to stick in a plug here for Crinrict's S3S (Sims 3 Store) Browser! It is just a wonderful tool. A great way to keep track of what you own, and so much more.
  • Options
    LISAMARIE155X1LISAMARIE155X1 Posts: 716 Member
    edited February 2013
    WOW i was begining to think i was the only one thats done this :( lol ive just purchased the new world aurora skies gold edition and while i was doing this my kids decided to start a riot and destracted me by the time i got back to my laptop id lost where i was and also ended up buying the standard edition so i now have 2 of the same thing and its cost me over 7,000 sim points soooo not amused with my kids right now :evil: just wondering did you manage to get this sorted or did EA give you the big finger as usual ive been on to them allready just waiting for a reply but wondering if im just wasting my time