Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chipmunk Swarms Outside My House! Help please!

Okay, after hours of painstaking decorating,(not building obviously, I can't do that to save my life, just stole a Quailhogs house), I have finished the perfect house for my family. The only problem is, outside the house are swarms of squirrels and chipmunks. They're unbelieveably annoying. I have tried buydebug and seeing if there's some sort of spawner there, (nothing), tried deleting them one by one and then picking them up one by one. They always come back though. Does anyone know how to stop them?

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited February 2013
    Do you have a garden? I heard gardens outside can attract them.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited February 2013
    I think thats adorable. Move Pocahontas in.

Or get a cat.
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't have a garden yet, though I do plan to add a small planter room if the UL life state is Plantsims. Do a few trees count? They're not harvestable trees.

It is adorable when there's just one or two, but there's about 15 of them and most right outside the house. I do quite like cats, do they hunt them?
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited February 2013
    have you been raking leaves? they show up after you rake sometimes, guess they were hiding in the leaves.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yeah the cats eat them, I don't know if they'll eat all of them though, you may need like 40 cats... :P
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Also did you check and see if there are spawners underground basement level or under bushes where you couldn't see them?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    They were there before the leaves started falling.
    EDIT
    There is no basement, but I could look. And they're definitely not hidden by bushes. I'll try getting loads of cats.

Thanks for all the help by the way!
  • Options
    123MintyFresh123123MintyFresh123 Posts: 11
    edited February 2013
    My advice:
    TRY EVERYTHING WE SAY :$
    Look everywhere for spawners, literally everywhere
    Make sure (if you have seasons) to rake up the leaves
    Try getting about 3-4 cats
    Reload your game (Start Sims 3 again0
    Yet again; >>TAKE OUR ADVICE<< And as soon you heart it, TRY IT :shock:

Hope I helped :")
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Okay! I am definitely deleting the trees. It's half way through spring and I've barely even made a dent in the amount of leaves. Been working my sims to the bone as well. :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Maybe if you change the title of this thread or post it in the pets section a guru might know what to do =]
  • Options
    ShoangShoang Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited February 2013
    I noticed this in game also; on lots where there are lots of trees.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited February 2013
    I have a zen garden on my lot with several trees, a pond, etc. I do have several squirrels and chipmunks that like to hang around. I don't mind because there aren't too many of them and it's cute when the dogs sniff at them. I don't have any cats and didn't know cats would eat them. Hmmmm, I almost hate myself for considering that. LOL!
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited February 2013
    yeah this has been happening on all my lots since seasons. once you have fall the first time, they spawn everywhere. i havent been able to find any spawners, but i will definitely try to get some cats hahaha