Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No potty? Huh?

I've never had this happen before, but was playing a vampire family last night and it was time to teach the toddler skills. Walking... check. Talking... check. Toilet training... no freakin' way. No matter how good a mood she was in, no matter how much social interaction and hugs I gave her, no matter what this little girl was NOT going to use the baby toilet chair. She would sit, then start crying and shaking her head no and then would start to get up - mommie vampire would pick her up and the action cancelled out. Tried several times - same thing happened.

I've never seen that before. Has anyone else had this happen?

Comments

• Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited February 2013
    Are they grumpy? I know some of my toddlers are harder to please than others! I had a grumpy child that cried ALL the time for absolutely NO reason at all!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited February 2013
    Nope - not grumpy. Eccentric and.... something else, but it isn't a negative trait, and she isn't a big cryer. It's strange.
  • Options
    cookiemonster88cookiemonster88 Posts: 605 Member
    edited February 2013
    do they have a good relationship with whoever's putting them on the potty? might be that :? but yeh, just keep trying
  • Options
    WernardoWernardo Posts: 824 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Does the toddler actually have the need to use the potty? I think they only learn to use the potty when they actually NEED to pee.. :)
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited February 2013
    Ah, I hate potty training. That's why I now cheat with Master Controller. I use NRaas -> Master Controller -> Advanced -> Skill Level. Then I scroll through the list and click on Learn Talk, Learn Walk, and Potty Training. I then enter 1 when prompted for the new value. The toddler instantly learns all three skills. Yeah, I know. It's cheating.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited February 2013
    @cookiemonster - yes, her and Mom have a good relationship. I left it go for that day, then came back to it again the next afternoon and same thing.

@Wernardo - that hasn't been my experience, but I thought of it, and waited until she needed to go - still the same thing. It's funny and annoying at the same time.

@Nik24X7 - I don't mind it actually, but I'm going to have to take your suggestion if she won't cooperate when I load it back up - she's due to age up and I want it done.