Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help!! my sim won't walk down the stairs

Help! when try to go downstairs to do something my sim gets to the bottom of the stairs and walks back up???

Comments

• Options
    Dralion_SolDralion_Sol Posts: 198 New Member
    edited January 2013
    check the area around the stairs and make sure something is not blocking his path.
  • Options
    pringtjoepringtjoe Posts: 496 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Nope there's nothing in the way at all she just gets to the bottom and turns round and goes back up :shock:
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2013
    some staircases need 2 tiles/squares for a landing. make sure theres enough room
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2013
    I've noticed sometimes that stairs become glitched. If nothing else works, try deleting them and re-adding them.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    VRStevensonVRStevenson Posts: 4,396 Member
    edited January 2013
    delete(or move) everything around the stairs. I had that problem on some outdoor stairs and it was a rock that was blocking the path even though it was not even touching the stairs.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    There is 2 tiles space at the bottom, i have deleted and put new stairs and she is still doing it :( anything else?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    delete(or move) everything around the stairs. I had that problem on some outdoor stairs and it was a rock that was blocking the path even though it was not even touching the stairs.

You beauty it was the fireplace on the other side of the wall, i forgot they have the bricks on the back duurrhh lol thanks it works now after deleting it :D
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited January 2013
    Try resetsim?

edit: Nevermind. I'm glad you got it fixed. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited January 2013
    KATENESS wrote:
    Try resetsim?

edit: Nevermind. I'm glad you got it fixed. :)

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2013
    pringtjoe wrote:

You beauty it was the fireplace on the other side of the wall, i forgot they have the bricks on the back duurrhh lol thanks it works now after deleting it :D
    Oh, I should have remembered that. I've heard of fireplaces being the cause of problems like this one. Even if the fireplace is very far away.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yeh its sooo annoying, but at least i know now :D