Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is there a mod to stop widowed elderly from dating and remarrying?

the huge problem in my town is that all young adult male sims are having a GILF fever as they started preferring all widowed elderly ladies. I need this to stop. Its killing my town's population and it makes family trees looks weird cos all female ancestors have a different last-name due remarrying.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited January 2013
    Well, if you use SP you could micro manage each elder Sim. As soon as their loved one dies off, I believe you can make it so that that one Sim can't date or marry or anything again.
  • Options
    albertwhiskeralbertwhisker Posts: 596 New Member
    edited January 2013
    how?

anyway I talk about inactive sims, I want my sims 2 marry only once in their life.
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited January 2013
    I believe you have to click on the Sim you don't want to marry, and go under Sim Options. I'm not entirely sure though, as I haven't done that in a bit. I know it's in Story Progression though, so you could always look on Twallan's site.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I have nraas story progression but they dont seem to havean option to stop elderly romance.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm not sure about the old NRAAS SP, but the new phase (testing version) is set up with a caste system where you can specify settings by caste. Elderly is one of the default castes, and you could set up the romance options for that caste to not allow them to establish new romantic relationships.

I think with the old versions of SP it would have to be done on a per-sim basis, but the new one that is in testing right now can do exactly what you want.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I decided to update my game to 1.47 together with my mods, lets hope this caste thign will work. I want my widows to be loyal to their dead spouse.
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited January 2013
    I decided to update my game to 1.47 together with my mods, lets hope this caste thign will work. I want my widows to be loyal to their dead spouse.

Well, keep in mind that the caste system is apart of the SP testing version. If something doesn't work, it's best to report over at the NRass website. : )))
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    is caste part of story progression or master controller? where can locate it?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    is caste part of story progression or master controller? where can locate it?

It is part of Story Progression IF you downloaded the test version and not the normal version.

If you have the test version you don't need to do anything in settings, the default settings prevent elderly sims from romantically pursuing young adults.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    can I have both versions?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    can I have both versions?

No...of course not. They do the same things so they would conflict with each other.

The test version is working well; no need to be scared about using it. Besides, Twallan gives us all these great mods for FREE so the least we can do for him is help with testing.