Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did I Miss Something?

Since when is there news of an 11th expansion pack?

I keep counting over again in my head--

1) WA

2) Ambitions

3) LN

4) Generations

5) Pets

6) Showtime

7) Supernatural

8) Seasons

9) University Life

10) Island Paradise or whatever

So, did I miss something?
<iframe width="202" height="25" src="http://embed.wattpad.com/follow/cosmicondoms/follow/cosmicondoms?type=2&theme=light&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comments

• Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    edited January 2013
    Number 11 is a Time Travel one, still unnamed. Ryan mentioned it during the Live Broadcast.
  • Options
    KBrox1KBrox1 Posts: 234 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ohh. Well that completely flew one ear and out the other then. I don't remember hearing about it on the LB. xD
    <iframe width="202" height="25" src="http://embed.wattpad.com/follow/cosmicondoms/follow/cosmicondoms?type=2&theme=light&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited January 2013
    other than you just not counting the hinted Time Travel Ep Your fine
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I find the Time Travel idea irrelevant and useless. We already have a machine for that.
  • Options
    PretodaPretoda Posts: 1,533 New Member
    edited January 2013
    While we have machines we don't have the equipment or the clothes for those eras that you can travel too. He said travel to the future so think about flying cars, hoverboards, and houses that are built on long skinny poles The Jetsons style. It also could go to the past and those people who like to tell a long term gen story can have Flinstone cavemen all the way to Jetsons story. Since for instance you can wash your clothes in a washer and hang them on the clothes line it's kind of pointlesss. Just have a dryer if you can't wash by washbasin. :lol:
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi,
    Yeah, my understanding is that it's a full blown expansion, not just a rabbit hole. He mentioned traveling to the future only. There was a survey that apparently included our Sims going back in time as well as traveling to the future. We don't know if Ryan(?) not sure of who told us, is being cagy and not mentioning the time backward or if they just decided to only do future. Time will tell. :D
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2013
    Pretoda wrote:
    While we have machines we don't have the equipment or the clothes for those eras that you can travel too. He said travel to the future so think about flying cars, hoverboards, and houses that are built on long skinny poles The Jetsons style. It also could go to the past and those people who like to tell a long term gen story can have Flinstone cavemen all the way to Jetsons story. Since for instance you can wash your clothes in a washer and hang them on the clothes line it's kind of pointlesss. Just have a dryer if you can't wash by washbasin. :lol:

I'm also wondering if it's going to be like a Back to the Future type pack to bring the Sims universe full circle, seeing how the original families from Sims 1 and 2 turned out (since Sims 3 is a prequel to Sims 1 and 2). Then they could either have Sims 4 with all new characters/families, or use those families in Sims 3 Future as the springboard and intro to Sims 4.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Pretoda wrote:

Hmm, the hoverboards sounds cool. o.o
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I'm also wondering if it's going to be like a Back to the Future type pack to bring the Sims universe full circle, seeing how the original families from Sims 1 and 2 turned out (since Sims 3 is a prequel to Sims 1 and 2). Then they could either have Sims 4 with all new characters/families, or use those families in Sims 3 Future as the springboard and intro to Sims 4.

That actually would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited January 2013
    KBrox1 wrote:
    Since when is there news of an 11th expansion pack?

I keep counting over again in my head--

1) WA

2) Ambitions

3) LN

4) Generations

5) Pets

6) Showtime

7) Supernatural

8) Seasons

9) University Life

10) Island Paradise or whatever

So, did I miss something?

''Time travel'' expansion. But that expansion has no official name yet. :)
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited January 2013
    KBrox1 wrote:
    I find the Time Travel idea irrelevant and useless. We already have a machine for that.

Yes, but that is rabbithole time machine. This time machine will be open. And we will be able to see and visit future. :)
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    KBrox1 wrote:

Why are people taking the "travel forward in time" so literally? They could easily just mean "look at this futuristic world! We've taken a leap into the future!"

:? I'm a little confused on why people keep seeing it in the literal, rigid sense...
  • Options
    HayHey28HayHey28 Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2013
    What we really need is for them to bring back Business! That was one of the best sims 2 eps i think. :)