Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life, ya or nay?

Like most if not all of you, I am frustrated with my favorite game. I have been a simmer since 2001 and I have reached a point where the disappointment is greater than my excitement. When the UL trailer was released I was so excited and hopeful that finally I might be able to play Sims again without crashes and glitches, maybe this time EA has gotten it right. But as I look around the Mac forum today I see that Mac users have been ignored for years and my wishful thinking bubble was soon popped. I honestly don't think that I'll stray away from University Life because i'm addicted but it will most likely be my last Sim purchase.

Anyone boycotting UL or going to buy out of hopeful-dedication/hopeless devotion to Sims?

Edit: As much as I want this EP I think i'll wait to get it, see what the reviews are, wait for a patch and get it when the price goes down.
Simming for 19 years!
Family Tree
Playing Mod & CC Free

Comments

• Options
    SimNowSimNow Posts: 222 Member
    edited January 2013
    I usually pre-order all my games but I'm not with UL, I'll wait and see if they manage to fix the game I've got now before making a final decision.
  • Options
    256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    edited January 2013
    I really want UL, I loved that EP on the sims 2. But I'm not going to buy it until my sims 3 is working well enough.
  • Options
    KininaKinina Posts: 124 Member
    edited January 2013
    Well I'm running Bootcamp, and I loved University on TS2 (Seasons and University were my favorites). For Seasons to fail so epicly like it has for Mac users completely turned me off. I'm still turned off I have to resort to using Bootcamp + W7 but it's so I don't waste money spent on the game so far. I'm an avid Mac user and this was just a huge disappointment.

EA still gets a bad rating from me. Giving them more money after a slap in the face is not something I necessarily want to do, but being able to play the game I love at all is good, so yes, I might be purchasing University. :\

I don't say that with a smile. BTW, it runs wonderfully using Bootcamp.
  • Options
    WatachyaWatachya Posts: 161 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Nay! :thumbdown:
    They NEED to fix this mess before I buy yet another Sims 3-game (or any other EA game for that matter). I'm tired of bugs now, and I'm even more fed up with all the crashes.

If they do come through, though, I'll buy UL and every stuff pack they've created for The Sims 3. :wink:
  • Options
    pollyncutspollyncuts Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2013
    i'm definately looking forward to University Life, it was one of my favourites on the Sims 2 :)
  • Options
    ZetawilkZetawilk Posts: 852 New Member
    edited January 2013
    So basically an expansion pack that feeds your Sim nothing but ramen three meals a day for five years, then smacks them with debt for the rest of their lives.
  • Options
    LittleDeliaLittleDelia Posts: 13
    edited January 2013
    Absolutely a NAY. They shouldn't even be thinking about releasing the next expansion until they've fixed the glitches with the last one.
  • Options
    FloorJoistsFloorJoists Posts: 21
    edited January 2013
    NO WAY. I didn't even buy Seasons, thanks to reading how bad it was on here. Since Pets, each expansion pack has made my game a little bit worse, and even without Seasons, patch 1.42 has rendered my game barely playable.

Don't do it, people!!! Don't buy more packs until EA fixes our issues!!!
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited January 2013
    As much as I want to, it feels like EA is rushing everything. 3 EP's in one year? To me, that's way too fast. EA hasn't even come out with a fix for Seasons. THAT CAME OUT 2 MONTHS AGO :evil: !!! EA is just ridiculous, and unprofessional.

Plus, even if they did fix Seasons, I'm sure there would be issues with University Life as well considering EA's track record. Words can't describe how frustrated I am about this. So for me, there's like a 50% chance of me getting it.
  • Options
    willowsomethingwillowsomething Posts: 27
    edited January 2013
    With the tiny little fixes I've done by checking these forums, my game runs a bit better before completely crapping itself.

I'm hoping that with UL or with the other two EPs, they'll include something that fixes the current problem most Mac users are experiencing.
  • Options
    uhleesuhuhleesuh Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I would be SO excited for University Life if it weren't for the problems so many of us are currently facing.

I have to say I will not buy another EP until these issues are fixed. Hopefully they do something for us soon.
  • Options
    WeasieLouWeasieLou Posts: 111 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm boycotting anything more, until they designate staff to work on Mac issues and fix the mess they've made and we've paid for.
  • Options
    NikkiMarie620NikkiMarie620 Posts: 31
    edited January 2013
    I REALLY want UL! Everything has been working fine on my Mac *knock on wood*
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    For a mac? :lol:

I wouldn't dare it. Although I'd say try. Yes, I have a mac and I wouldn't even TRY to have more than 2 EPs on this. And judging by the amount of bugs, glitches and non-support mac users get? Fu-get-about-it.

:thumbdown:
  • Options
    BetinhaBetinha Posts: 101 Member
    edited January 2013
    The majority are thinking the same way... Why purchase another EP before EA fixes the game? We can't play, so it's a waste of money. Which sucks big time, since I used to love sims 2 university... I'll only buy after its fixed, because of course it will come full of glitches and so. So, maybe after the second or third patch after UL is out (that's when they will probably address Mac's users problems...)