Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best World For Legacies :)

Hi guys :)
I'm going to start a new legacy in preparation for the release of University Life but Im having a lot of trouble deciding which world to put them in. Does anyone have a favourite world for legacies? Why is it/they your favourite?

Note: I have all of the Store/EP worlds except for Barnacle Bay, and Im also happy to try out some player-made worlds if they come highly recommended :)

Comments

• Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited January 2013
    Not Hidden Springs. I read the routing issues were fixed but you wouldn't know it by my game.
    All of the EA worlds seem to have varying degrees of routing issues.

Any of Rflong's worlds (her latest is HERE!

If you want a flat, empty world to kind of 'make your own' Sunset Valley 2 by Magic_Dancer is great (the download at the bottom of the first post is the one with the empty lots already placed).

They are the only two world builders I have downloaded custom worlds from and I have yet to have any issues with their worlds.
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks Marie :)
    I was just looking at Rflong's Legacy Island 2, Sunset Valley 2 (which Ive had in my game before) and Suburban Springs by alexspoom13. Which worlds are you using at the moment?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    JBAG521 wrote:
    Thanks Marie :)
    I was just looking at Rflong's Legacy Island 2, Sunset Valley 2 (which Ive had in my game before) and Suburban Springs by alexspoom13. Which worlds are you using at the moment?

Meh, I recently moved the gen 6 heir to Hidden Spring but the lag is killing me and I've barely done anything in the town. I am quite frustrated with it! So I will have to move them yet again. I was looking at Legacy Island 2 actually as well. With this Gen's challenge of 10 children, I don't want to put them in a long-term world since I have already had to move once because of too many relatives in the town! :shock:

I have been working on building up a Sunset Valley 2 world for them to move to as a more long-term world/town. I should finally be done with it in time for the next generation. Then I have a Longview save I have also been building up since I know it will not be possible to spend the rest of the 20 generations in the same town. And if I need another after that, I have a Dark Harbor one I started awhile back too. The last two are both worlds by Rflong. And I may take Gen 20 to Cake Island just for fun or else back to Lunar Lakes so they come full circle.

I think I have had it with the EA worlds though. I've been through what? Lunar Lakes, Riverview, Sunlit Tides, and now Hidden Springs and the 7th generation children have only just been born! If i were to use another EA town though, it would probably be Sunset Valley or Riverview. Riverview was actually mostly fine when I left it, it just got too populated with relatives to be viable.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    My favourite EA worlds are Lucky Palms, Sunset Valley and Starlight Shores in that order. I still havent tried Monte Vista yet. My problem is that Im never fully satisfied with a world, yet I dont have the patience to fix it. I really, really wish I did though.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2013
    I have not played in all of EA worlds yet, nor in most of the custom worlds that I have installed. I also haven't played in the same neighborhood twice because I always play legacies and it takes quite a while before I finish one.

So far, I have played games in Barnacle Bay, Sunset Valley, Riverview, Hidden Springs, Neverglade (custom) and Moonlight Falls (my current game).

Strangely enough, Moonlight Falls has been my favorite so far. I say strangely, because I'm not a big fan of the supernatural aspects of SN. The town though, I find very endearing. After I customized it some by adding various lots and editing others, of course.

After that, I would say that I liked Neverglade the most. It is a very well designed world and made for a great game.

For worlds that I have not played in, but have visited as travel destinations (using the traveler mod), I like Lucky Palms and Sunlit Tides a whole lot. Those will probably be the two 'hoods I use for my next two games.

Edited to add Neverglade link.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for replying Stormkeep :) Im checking out Neverglade at the moment. I actually havent even opened Moonlight Falls as I dont like the Supernatural aspects of that EP either. I got it for the stuff. Lol. Ive never actually finished a legacy before, but Im working on it. Speaking of, if you want a challenge for your next legacy, you should check out the challenge Marie and I are currently doing: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/507547.page

Also, everytime I see your sig I try to click on it 'cause I assume itll take me to an awesome story. Do you have a story on that family?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    JBAG521 wrote:

Also, everytime I see your sig I try to click on it 'cause I assume itll take me to an awesome story. Do you have a story on that family?

The url for the image is too long so I didn't have enough space left to also make a link.

I am on generation 7 and have taken around 300 pictures in the legacy already, I have pulled the images through my photo-editing software to resize and frame them, kept records of what each photo is....but I haven't sat down and put any of it together online yet. My ambitions only run so far I guess. :lol:

If I ever get up the motivation to put things together and get something online I will probably use tinyurl to shrink the image url in the sig so that I can also make it a link. I wouldn't hold my breath for it though. I am much more motivated to actually play when I have the spare time then to spend it writing out what i have already played. :mrgreen:

Most likely, once I get to generation 26 (which is what I plan as "the end" of the legacy) I will just make a small photo montage that shows the 26 generations, post that up, and start my next legacy.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I really dont blame you there! I just assume that everyone has a ******-siggy now. Lol. Besides, its hard to find decent stories these days. I seem to only end up reading bad ones anyhow. But if you ever get it up and running, I definitely want to read it :)

How many legacies have you done since Sims 3's release?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    That is why I am like 10 updates behind on my legacy game. I like to play and I take hundreds of pictures while playing. I think I'm averaging about 300 per generation that I upload and resize. Which isn't even half of what I take, sadly. :roll:

I like writing the updates though and have a running wordpad save where I type them all up in advance as I choose which SS to use. I have actually been thinking of doing a story-based legacy, well with more story then pictures since I really seem to get into my sims developing stories, anyway. But then again, this is not my only game and I only get so much time to Sim so I would have to cut back somewhere else.

But then, I am determined to see The Shades Legacy through to the end! It is the farthest I have ever gotten in a legacy!

I forgot I did have my family in LP but there were issues and I ended up losing all my time there and had to re-play it, so I always forget it. I could see going back there though as I don't recall the issues being caused by the actual town itself.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Six so far, if you count the first one which did not get past like generation 3 or so because I broke my save game (I removed Awesomemod without parking it which pretty much makes the whole game ****** and by the time I knew enough to know what was going on I had deleted the game in frustration and started a new one already.)

This is the first legacy that I'm doing with full commitment though; taking pictures and keeping track of things, having goals, and all that. The others I just played them as legacies (mostly following the Pinstar legacy challenge rules), but did a horrible job of keeping track of things and sometimes went entire generations without taking a photo.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Im the opposite Marie. I always forget to take pics or Im too lazy. Lol. Im slowly getting better though. I cant believe Ive started over on this challenge 5 times!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    JBAG521 wrote:
    Im the opposite Marie. I always forget to take pics or Im too lazy. Lol. Im slowly getting better though. I cant believe Ive started over on this challenge 5 times!

I read that challenge you linked. I had actually read it a few days ago and made a bookmark in Chrome for future reference. It seems like some of the generational challenges would be downright hard, which is good, because I tend to start to get bored in my legacies once the family is so filthy rich that they could just watch TV for their entire life and still be fine.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The challenge is a lot of fun and makes me explore aspects of the game I wouldnt normally, or havent gotten around to yet. Its also a lot of fun comparing genetics :)

WOW!6!!? Ive never even completed 1! (yet)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Jbag: Yeah, I almost lost Gen one early on so it taught me to rotate my saves and save the family to the bin whenever there were major changes. It made it easier for me to not have to start over, otherwise, I would have had to start over a few times.
    I agree, the challenges open up new gameplay!

Stormkeep: The challenge is interesting. I think I would have given up on it by now except for the generational challenges. And the creator is open to suggestions for updating ones that may have become too easy and adding in new ones. She also does a good job of making sure there is a variety of choices for mates and that the ones that no longer work (for whatever reason) are replaced. She is also flexible and open to people playing her challenge in alternative ways.

Though I will say, one of the most fun parts is sharing the stories (as much or as little as you wish) with the others also doing the challenge. That may be the most important aspect that keeps me going. I love seeing everyone else's updates and sharing mine. I get as attached to some of the sims in others' families as I do some of my own!

It was not the first Legacy I have tried over the years, but it is the first one I got past Gen 2 on. I just had the Gen 7 heirs born so for me it is a huge accomplishment!

If you don't mind a quick off-topic question, do you have pets? I am asking because I am wondering if the houses by the builders you suggested, like Allure, are pet-friendly (pathing-wise)?
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited January 2013

I've only played one legacy but only lasted until the 5th generation, so I'm no expert. If you are playing by rules than I would recommend Sunset Valley using the original legacy lot where they stick the equestrian center now.

Why you ask? Because my sim was miserable most of her young adult life and any boost to moral helps. That lot gets a +25 or maybe it's +30 for beautiful vista. Of all the EA worlds back when I played my legacy that was the highest for any legacy lot.

There are some player made worlds where you can get a +100 moodlet for beautiful vista so you may want to check some of those out.

It wasn't until my sim could afford good furniture and appliances and a good TV that it was easy to keep her and her family's moods up. You may not have the same problem I had but if you do you might want to get a legacy lot with a beautiful vista. Note: to get that positive moodlet in the house the room must have windows, especially looking toward the view.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    If you don't mind a quick off-topic question, do you have pets? I am asking because I am wondering if the houses by the builders you suggested, like Allure, are pet-friendly (pathing-wise)?

I do have pets, yes, I have all of the EPs. I do not, however, have pets in my active household very often. I find them very annoying. I like having them around the neighborhood, but not so much in my own home...pretty much the same way I feel about pets irl. :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Stormkeep wrote:
    I do have pets, yes, I have all of the EPs. I do not, however, have pets in my active household very often. I find them very annoying. I like having them around the neighborhood, but not so much in my own home...pretty much the same way I feel about pets irl. :lol:

Thank you. I meant out in the town. I almost always have a unicorn/horse so I tend to build my own lots for myself. I was more worried about pets getting stuck in houses in town, so you answered perfectly. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    @ cwaddell- thanks for replying :) I dont generally stick to the actual rules or keep track of points or anything, but I never use cheats either. Whats your favourite world to play in (EA or creator made)?

@ Marie- the challenges and reading others' updates is what has kept me going as well. Especially all those times I lost everything.

@ Stormkeep- I feel the same way about Pets in the game, though Ive never really gone to the effort of actually having one. Lol. I really want a puppy in real life (a Labrador or a Dalmation) but I cant have one where I live :( I have a dog at my dad's place though. Her name's Missy and shes a Staffy x Kelpie. Shes beautiful <3
  • Options
    MissCandyBarsMissCandyBars Posts: 102
    edited January 2013
    I am really suprised at how much I like moonlight falls, I also am not the biggest Supernatural fan but I really enjoy the town I like the families and the nice open living area, the only downside is that its very dark so even in daylight it still is pretty dark, witch is sometimes sad, and thats why I decided to put a fun uplifting beach house, haha, I am playing my Berry family and right now am on generation 2, I hope to still have this family when University comes out,
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    @ MissCandyBars (I LOVE your username!)- I think thats another reason I havent played in Midnight Falls yet: its too dark for my liking. If only there were a way I could edit that (theres probably a mod for it though, right?). Good luck with it:) Please do post some pictures of your family so I can see :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Oh thank you, I like candy bars so I thought it was appropriate lol, Yeah I wish you could change the darkness too but I am too lazy to find a mod and upload it. :lol:
    Well my family isnt too special and I am still learning on how to make good pictures so I am sorry sometimes for the weird formats

This is Ariana Berry with her son Ricky- P O O (the forum doesnt let me spell it, scince when is P O O a bad word?) Berry, yeah I was searching for names and that came up my mind,and I liked it at first but now I think its just plain weird.

Screenshot-180_zpse7993893.jpg

this is her husband Ronald Berry, talking to his boss as usual. He wants to become leader of the free world

Screenshot-150_zpsd50553d0.jpg

And this is there other son Jacob-Bean Berry talking to his future wife Sophie Rogers-Brown so I think when he gets married to her I might get her name to be Sophie Rogers-Brown-Berry haha

Screenshot-189_zps42e287db.jpg

Screenshot-188_zps1f553c95.jpg

Screenshot-181_zps6bec174a.jpg
    Here Ariana was kipnapped by aliens

Screenshot-171_zps04302503.jpg
    Ronald checking out his pregnant wife

Their house still looks kind of ugly because I am saving money to make them a really nice house

Screenshot-172_zps5e32b1d2.jpg
    And I thought this was a really beautiful picture from Moonlight falls covered in show

Here Jacob-Bean is making a snow angel in his swimming trousers, ???
    Screenshot-190_zps726c2d25.jpg

Show me some of your pictures :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hahaha! I love that last one! Make sure you post pics of the house you're building. Ive posted many pictures in the Genetics Challenge thread (Which I linked in this thread before), if you want to check them out. I havent made my new sims yet though as Im currently Job searching :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks, and then where should I put my house when its finished? And on which page of the genetics thread should I look for your pictures because there are so many.

Good luck on your job search I am sure you will get a job soon!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Umm...I think Mine are from pg 48(ish) onwards.I had to start over several (5!) times so theyre going to be all over the place to start with.
    I dont know anything about Midnight Falls as Ive never used it before so I cant really say where you should put it :)