Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still can't export?! Seriously?

I downloaded and installed the updated CAW and it still won't export. When I go to export I get the "Export Failed!" box that we've been plagued with since the seasons patch.
You'd think this is something they'd deal with when updating the CAW.
tumblr_lya5t5qIPs1rn95k2o8_250.gif

My Wishlist HERE pieces from the set(s) I want are at the top. My Top 5. My Thankyou Thread for my kind gifters. A world of my own creation Aure Island.

Comments

• Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi, Shayleajay!
    I've read, that CAW 1.18.8. was released, I'm downloading this now.
    With this previous I haven't had issues with exporting, but I was unable to see my and downloaded worlds in game. I have had only incremental patch from 1.46 to 1.47. Now solved (they are installing and showing correctly) - because I've installed Superpatch (I've read, that Superpatch override files, that could be eventually modified with mods).
    Hopefully it can be helpfull for You :oops:
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi :)

That must be so frustrating. :(

The only time I've had an export failed message was when I used Store items in the World but removed the DCBackup folder (I switched them between game and CAW). I had to have the Store items show in the folder so they could be included in the world.

I hope you get your world exported. Have you checked out the CAW FAQ near the top of this section?
  • Options
    shayleajayshayleajay Posts: 319 Member
    edited January 2013
    Part of the problem might be that I don't have seasons installed. I've read that sometimes fixes the issue. I have limited funds for video-games so I've only bought a few expansions.

I tried some workarounds before the CAW update but I'm not very tech savvy so I could only try so much.

I always could download and install worlds with no problem, they'd show up where they're supposed to and work and everything. So I suppose I got lucky there since I read a lot of people had problems with that.

My Wishlist HERE pieces from the set(s) I want are at the top. My Top 5. My Thankyou Thread for my kind gifters. A world of my own creation Aure Island.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2013
    I don't believe that not have Seasons installed would be the problem.
  • Options
    shayleajayshayleajay Posts: 319 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ok it'll let me export new creations, just not the ones I made before the update..... so I guess I'll just start all over *headdesk*