Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise: Is it similar to Open For Business?

Since everyone is posting IP ep here in the Uni thread, I figured be the best place for me to post mines. ^-^

Just curious about IP... I remember reading that survey about an EP like this coming out, and it said Sims can own their own business? Well I see they can own their own resort, but I wonder if the Sims will be able to own their own business in general. Just like OFB; they can sale anything, have any kind of business.
PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.

Comments

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited January 2013
    I believe it will be, but it's only that, a belief.

Off topic, but your signature is completely mesmerising.
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited January 2013
    If it is anything like past EPs, it will be watered down ownership. They are combining two concepts which usually means both concepts won't be fully fleshed out.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,626 Member
    edited January 2013
    Arletta wrote:

I hope so! I really want Sims to be able to own their own business.

OT: *hehe* Try not to stare at it too long.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    If it is anything like past EPs, it will be watered down ownership. They are combining two concepts which usually means both concepts won't be fully fleshed out.

I hope not. :( I know they've done this to previous EPs.

I just want the Sims to be able own a business, sale anything in their business, and hire employees, etc.
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited January 2013
    Me too
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited January 2013
    The survey mentioned running shops and stands so I'm hopeful. :) I'm also a little sceptical though.
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited January 2013
    Goodywood wrote:
    Since everyone is posting IP ep here in the Uni thread, I figured be the best place for me to post mines. ^-^

Just curious about IP... I remember reading that survey about an EP like this coming out, and it said Sims can own their own business? Well I see they can own their own resort, but I wonder if the Sims will be able to own their own business in general. Just like OFB; they can sale anything, have any kind of business.

Island Paradise is mix of Vacation and OFB.

We will be able to run resorts and hotels. In survey they mentioned that we will be able to run shops in that expansions.

Also they mentioned waterslides in resorts. So maybe we will get some ''Theme park'' content in that expansion too. :D
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited January 2013

did they say in the survey if it would have buisness ownership? because if it did they are digging their own graves right now.

I cant stand EA doing this to expansion packs. everytime they try to combine 2 themes we always lose something and it turns out bad.

world adventures- first attempt at vacationing, vacations mixed with adventure, not really much to either side of it and lacked replayability with the tombs.

ambitions- jobs and open for buisness, we had some nice carrer jobs but so much more could have been done like co-worker AI helping out, seriously the other firemen/women are lazy as hell "get to the truck! ok he's gone we can chill out now" and the buisness aspects were virtually non-existant.

late night- did better than the first 2 but still bad, we lost so much content for citys because they decided to fuse not 2 but 3 themes. the fame stuff should have only come with showtime giving more space for apartments and places in the city like resturaunts.

generations and forward have all focused on one theme and done great at the one theme(though i still wish being a DJ was a career and not a hobby)

i just dont want to re-buy expansions that are just EA fixing mistakes. the mistakes are done, just get to sims 4 and try again than, dont waste 2 trys on one sims generation. island time will probobly only be half-complete if they are going to try pushing in buisness elements.
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited January 2013
    simsace wrote:

did they say in the survey if it would have buisness ownership? because if it did they are digging their own graves right now.

I cant stand EA doing this to expansion packs. everytime they try to combine 2 themes we always lose something and it turns out bad.

world adventures- first attempt at vacationing, vacations mixed with adventure, not really much to either side of it and lacked replayability with the tombs.

ambitions- jobs and open for buisness, we had some nice carrer jobs but so much more could have been done like co-worker AI helping out, seriously the other firemen/women are lazy as hell "get to the truck! ok he's gone we can chill out now" and the buisness aspects were virtually non-existant.

late night- did better than the first 2 but still bad, we lost so much content for citys because they decided to fuse not 2 but 3 themes. the fame stuff should have only come with showtime giving more space for apartments and places in the city like resturaunts.

generations and forward have all focused on one theme and done great at the one theme(though i still wish being a DJ was a career and not a hobby)

i just dont want to re-buy expansions that are just EA fixing mistakes. the mistakes are done, just get to sims 4 and try again than, dont waste 2 trys on one sims generation. island time will probobly only be half-complete if they are going to try pushing in buisness elements.

World Adventures - it wasn't really supposed to be about vacations. It was called World Adventures.

Ambitions - I actually thought they did very well on creating the proffessions. I don't think it was supposed to be a mix of OFB, though. I think that eas just assumed by players who wanted to assume every expansion had a corresponding Sims 2 one.

Late Night - Well, restaurants would be a theme on its own, but I think the devs did a very nice job making Bridgeport city-like.

The fun part about Sims is the creativity. Sometimes the devs pur things that seem unimportant in one expansion, but the next expansion might add on to that. Take the registers for example, World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets (limited edition), Supernatural, Seasons, and soon University will all have given us new registers. If we get every EP, we will probably be able to make a fully-fledged mall!

Also, lot types are a good example. A lot of EPs add new lot types, and if we get all the expansions, we will have a very diverse and lively town. It's almost like an expansion being secretly spread across multiple ones.
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited January 2013
    Arletta wrote:
    ^^^^^

Back on-topic, World Adventures WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT VACATIONS. Not saying that angrily, just bolded & capped for emphasis.
    I don't understand why people say that, when everything in there emphasizes going on vacation. Yes, there are tombs as a large side-feature, but those are optional. You don't HAVE to do them if you don't want to, just to the other things instead! Although I do see where people feel that it was lacking in vacation elements, although to be fair, it was released as the very first expansion, so they didn't have much technology to build upon or expand. So I guess we should be somewhat lenient on that fact.

But, in this consideration, YES, Island Paradise will be a mix of OFB & The Sims Vaction/Bon Voyage/World Adventures, as stated before.
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I thought World Adventures wasn't vacationing, and I thought EA made that bit clear that it as a completely different concept and different from letting your sims just 'vacation' without worry.

I think EA knows that World Adventures does not pass as an acceptable vacations EP. I would buy BOTH WA and a Sims 3 Vacation EP because they're completely different... can't substitute one for the other.

It's just my opinion! :-)
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited January 2013
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    ^^^^^

Back on-topic, World Adventures WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT VACATIONS. Not saying that angrily, just bolded & capped for emphasis.
    I don't understand why people say that, when everything in there emphasizes going on vacation. Yes, there are tombs as a large side-feature, but those are optional. You don't HAVE to do them if you don't want to, just to the other things instead! Although I do see where people feel that it was lacking in vacation elements, although to be fair, it was released as the very first expansion, so they didn't have much technology to build upon or expand. So I guess we should be somewhat lenient on that fact.

But, in this consideration, YES, Island Paradise will be a mix of OFB & The Sims Vaction/Bon Voyage/World Adventures, as stated before.

SimGuru stated on twitter that World Adventures in not Vacation expansion, it is Adventure expansion. :)

As for Island Paradise, I think that expansion is more like OFB than Bon Voyage.
    It really sounds so much fun. :)
  • Options
    kitti789playerkitti789player Posts: 297 Member
    edited January 2013
    Goodywood wrote:
    Arletta wrote:

I'm hoping too. :?:

• Options
    Simmerfreak44Simmerfreak44 Posts: 1,641 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Island paradise sounds like it will be as lot of fun.
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited January 2013
    I believe it will be in many ways like OFB and BV.

I feel this will be pretty uniqe which i some thing we NEED!
    te past eps havw been totally edn but in sighly alteredways to make them kinda uniqe.

Pets- sims unleashed, sims 2 pets
    Showtime- sims superstar
    Supernatural- Sims makin magic
    Season- sims2 seasons.
    Univrsity life- Sims 2 University

Island paradise and the futuristic Ep have a fresh personality. Although im a nostalgic gamer new ideas are always welcome to me!
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited January 2013
    Goodywood wrote:
    Arletta wrote:

I can't take my eyes off of it!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited January 2013
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    Arletta wrote:
    ^^^^^

Even though it was put out that WA was more of a adventure EP, it really served two purposes because as you said one did not have to partake in any quests and vacation as you wish. With the new EP that is coming out, you can turn that into adventure maybe not to the extent that WA was but you can add the elements such as tombs and other elements. What it boils down to me is the fact that I do not care how many vacation EPs EA makes, I will enjoy them. I agree that this EP has some OFB elements and the question should be can you add these elements to your base world(I am under the understanding you will have a base world and the ability to go on vacation outside of your base world). If you can't, then it is a limited OFB element.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    edited January 2013
    I don't understand why people say that, when everything in there emphasizes going on vacation. Yes, there are tombs as a large side-feature, but those are optional. You don't HAVE to do them if you don't want to, just to the other things instead!

You do realise that in order to gain visa points you HAVE to do the quests.. so its an xpac that pushes the idea of you HAVE to do them in order to stay longer then 3 days.. And what else would you do there that you can not do at home? :-)

And yes WA had 0 replay ability, but i did like some features that came with it such as basements.

So personally i'm super excited for IP, however I do get the feeling of trying to merge xpacs into 1 watered down. But we must have faith! :)

OFB FTW! :wink:
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2013
    Goodywood wrote:

I just want the Sims to be able own a business, sale anything in their business, and hire employees, etc.

This ^^^^ :thumbup:

In particular I hope we get to open our own stores and can sell ANYTHING, and not be restriced like the consignment store and fruit and veg stall. I would love just 4 generic items:

* A generic till and generic shelves/display: whatever you put on the shelves will be set for sale.

*A 'stall' item that sims can put in their inventory and set up wherever they want, and also placed on community lots and home lots using buy mode: sims can put anything they want to sell on the table/stall and other sims will come along and buy it.

or

* a large invisible floor tile, anything placed inside it will be set for sale.

*sims could even sell thing from their inventory like how they can give a gift! (So, you could buy a community lot, make it 'visitors allowed' buy it and hang around selling your stuff to the sims that visit)

*When sims buy a community lot, they should be able to hire employees as well as firing them!

Obviously, I'd prefer an OFB expansion (see my signature! :lol: ) but if they are not going to give us that, I think my ideas above are quite simple additions and I'd be so grateful if they included things like this in e.ps or in the store.

I just want to open my own stores again!!! :D
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Arletta wrote:
    LOL! I didn't read your comment after hers for a full two minutes. Guess why? :lol:
  • Options
    acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited January 2013
    I doubt IP is OFB. Let's not just think of every TS3 EP as a "remake" of old Sims game. The base TS3 game allowed us to own the businesses and buildings. Ambitions patch overhauled the business-owning part of the base game. The point being is that this expansion, IP, is about living with water. It's just that, resorts are almost always part of the waterworld so it's only practical to add the resort business.

I'd rather call it a Waterworld EP, or any classification that relates to water, rather than classifying it as a Business EP.
  • Options
    zefiewingszefiewings Posts: 2,649 Member
    edited January 2013
    acee313 wrote:
    Let's not just think of every TS3 EP as a "remake" of old Sims game.
    This.

Sims 3 is not about just making the graphics of sims 2 better. The creators want and deserve a chance to do different things. Would you expect a writer to re-release the same book over and over just because you liked it?

This is a new game. You will get new things. You might get some aspects of the old game back, but it is still about new creations.
    ff1pc0.jpg
    My Blog story with the challenge of my own design! Click and see!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    zefiewings wrote:
    acee313 wrote:
    Let's not just think of every TS3 EP as a "remake" of old Sims game.
    This.

Sims 3 is not about just making the graphics of sims 2 better. The creators want and deserve a chance to do different things. Would you expect a writer to re-release the same book over and over just because you liked it?

This is a new game. You will get new things. You might get some aspects of the old game back, but it is still about new creations.

To me... basically they're bringing back the same things, but there just mixing it up with new things. It's not just one EP with a specific concept. It's new stuff, but they know fans want the old things from S2 and S1, so to me that's why they mix it. (Which is smart.)

I don't know, we'll see. =/ (Or should I say I hope Sims can own businesses in IP :mrgreen: )

Edited: And by business I mean: Being able to own a business, sale anything in that business, hire employees, and have inventory. It's perfect for an open world to me. A dream come true! Also, the businesses aren't rabbit holes! :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I agree Goodywood.

I don't see anything wrong with bringing back the absolute best bits of the old sims games alongside new features! I think seasons is the perfect example: we got the weather back... and it's soooooooo much better than the sims 2 weather! And they built on the concept with the festival lots and seasonal holidays. Just look at how happy simmers were to get back great things like snowmen, the ice skating rink, igloos and diving! I didn't see many simmers complaining though. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    OT: Goodywood, I'm trying to add you as a friend but the stoopid site isn't letting me at the mo' :roll: Thank you so much for the lamp! I love it, it's so unique and I can't wait to get in in the game!!! <3