Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise

Is anyone else more excited for this EP then UL other then me? University Life looks fun but I mean, this Paradise Island thing sounds so... Super :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: EPIC!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Like come on, run your own resort type thing and house boats? How can this get any better?! UL and the future sound cool but this, EA outdid themselves by the sounds of it :wink:

Anyone else as excited as me? :thumbup:

Edit for reversed title :oops:
grumpy-cat-lick.gif

Comments

• Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited January 2013
    I am only excited if there will be mermaids, if there will be no mermaids then I am not excited in the least.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    jessyxdavidsonjessyxdavidson Posts: 896 Member
    edited January 2013
    ME!! OMG, I still want UL, but omg, I can't for June :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited January 2013
    Im pretty sure there will be mermaids because in the live chat, Ryan said you can go scuba diving and meet sea life. Can't really get the exact quotes because data on internet is running low and don't wanna pay for more data Darn Rogers, always ruining my fun :thumbdown:.
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ME!! OMG, I still want UL, but omg, I can't for June :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

YESS!!

FINALLY!! I see people around this thread saying, "Yes! We Got University! But Paradise Island? Meh..."

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: *High Five* :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ralf453 wrote:
    How can this get any better?! UL and the future sound cool but this, EA outdid themselves by the sounds of it :wink:

It can be better if they add NPC's to the massage table so we can add them to our resorts! :P
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited January 2013
    I am excited! We will get hotels and reataurants!
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited January 2013
    I am only excited if there will be mermaids, if there will be no mermaids then I am not excited in the least.

http://www.beyondsims.com/40522/more-possible-expansion-options-in-another-survey/

Read the last one, this survey predicted Diesel, Seasons, University, and more (and accurately had their features). The last one describes "Island Time" which, judging by its description, seems a lot like Island Paradise. According to this, there will be mermaids.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    Ralf453 wrote:
    How can this get any better?! UL and the future sound cool but this, EA outdid themselves by the sounds of it :wink:

It can be better if they add NPC's to the massage table so we can add them to our resorts! :P

That would be great of they added a store content patch. It could be like in Late Night where random townies would come to be a mixoligist or the consignment store clerk! It would also fit in perfectly with the whole "island" theme :mrgreen: :thumbup:
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    I am excited! We will get hotels and reataurants!

I must have missed the fact that we get resteraunts too :mrgreen:
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    AlesanaWayAlesanaWay Posts: 83
    edited January 2013
    I'm super excited for University Life.
    But I'm also REALLY excited for Island Paradise!!
    And lets not forget the expansion pack they mentioned that will be coming after IP
    Where your sim can go to the 'future' - now that I'm excited to hear more about!
  • Options
    tgoldie4tgoldie4 Posts: 154 Member
    edited January 2013
    I don't think I've ever been so excited for an EP! I can't wait for Island Paradise :lol:

University Life looks awesome too but if for some reason I had to pick between the two, I would definitely pick IP... the time travel one sounds cool but so far I'm not very excited about it. That will probably change once more details are announced but as of now I can't wait for June...
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ralf453 wrote:
    Is anyone else more excited for this EP then UL other then me? University Life looks fun but I mean, this Paradise Island thing sounds so... Super :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: EPIC!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Like come on, run your own resort type thing and house boats? How can this get any better?! UL and the future sound cool but this, EA outdid themselves by the sounds of it :wink:

Yes, Me. Island Time expansion from survey was something I really wanted. I'am glad that we will get that expansion.

Island Paradise will be epic!!! :)
  • Options
    LilgirlShadowLilgirlShadow Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited January 2013
    I AM!!!!! I can't wait to try out building a house boat!!!! It's going to be so much fun!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I gotta save some money :shock: :lol::wink:
  • Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ralf453 wrote:

AGREED!!!

I hope we get waverunners too! Maybe surfboards! I love the idea of running a resort!! I am most excited by that!
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Ralf453 wrote:

You bet! I'm already saving up to buy it as soon as it comes out. I can't wait for the houseboats! Mersims aside, they were the biggest thing I hoped and prayed for from the Sims 3 series! I'm so excited I just can't stand it! *squee!* I already have ship=like house, and I can't wait to transfer everything from it to the new, real ship I'll build for the captain and crew living there!
    tumblr_m5hpgrBuYN1qacl1r.gif
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited January 2013
    I can live without mermaids..>.> I would be even more excited if they added dolphins (this is sea animal)..or even a whale..mermaids..well umm..I guess it would be okay...but dolphins and whales top mermaids any day..

I am excited about this EP and so if my fiance..they stepped away from Sims 2 and went outside the box for once..I mean boathouses, scubba diving, and running your own resort?..that is just sweet. I am interested in how the under water world will look..played many MMOs with underwater scenes and areas..WoW and Guild Wars 2 to name two..they had astounding under water worlds..

Being able to create your own boathouse? Being able to create your own resort and being able to claim your own island? ...This adds tons of NEW stuff for my sims to do, that no others Sims have..And I am already going to pre-order all the sims stuff I can Friday along with Simcity (Even if it does look like an old trainset plastic town XD..I know I use to build my train layouts and buildings..)

I guess some people don't want to change from Sims 2 and try new things..to each their own..But I am definely excited about this EP.
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Hotels and restaurants?! YES! What about owning boats? Any word on that?

I hope they make the mermaids awesome. I hate crinkly fins or those "little mermaid" fins... I hope they're like the wings for fairies and how they're customizable. I'm actually really excited for this EP. Way to go EA! :-D!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Wowzers! These are some great ideas! :D
    danivixen wrote:
    What about owning boats? Any word on that?

Apparently, you can go into build/buy mode and create a custom boat from scratch and live in it! Sounds so COOOOOL! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Ralf453 wrote:

You bet! I'm already saving up to buy it as soon as it comes out. I can't wait for the houseboats! Mersims aside, they were the biggest thing I hoped and prayed for from the Sims 3 series! I'm so excited I just can't stand it! *squee!* I already have ship=like house, and I can't wait to transfer everything from it to the new, real ship I'll build for the captain and crew living there!
    tumblr_m5hpgrBuYN1qacl1r.gif

LoL, love the picture :thumbup:
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    haleighxxhaleighxx Posts: 27 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Does anyone know if the scuba diving is going to be a rabbit hole? Are we just going to be able to see the sims go under and then have the pop ups informing us to what's happening? Or are we going to be able to go under the water with them?
  • Options
    artesianwadaartesianwada Posts: 147 Member
    edited January 2013
    haleighxx wrote:
    Does anyone know if the scuba diving is going to be a rabbit hole? Are we just going to be able to see the sims go under and then have the pop ups informing us to what's happening? Or are we going to be able to go under the water with them?

I'm thinking underwater will be a rabbit hole. But I hope not
  • Options
    ThatoneaccountThatoneaccount Posts: 358 Member
    edited January 2013
    I might be excited when they give us more information on it.

For now, it doesn't intrest me, but I can't wait for March 5th :D
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ralf453 wrote:
    YES!

Boats! Boats you can sail! Boats you can live on! I'm excited for boats :lol:

I never even considered that going underwater might be a rabbithole. I just assumed it wouldn't be since our sims can already swim in the sea. I thought we'd just follow them under the sea. I think when that survey was done, this is the EP I most wanted them to do.
  • Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    edited January 2013
    I hope they do the hula girls and fire knife again! I wonder if we can put a resort in the WA towns? Or are they going to do like Seasons and make it impossible?
  • Options
    MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I feel like underwater is going to be a rabbit hole but i really hope it isn't. I think there will just be pop up's saying what they are doing and what they have found. I really want mermaids so if mermaids don't come in this EP then they will never come in the sims 3 series. End of. The only screenshot didn't show a lot but im praying that the island/new world is not similar or even close to how sunlit tides looks. i want diversity and a unique, different world. And omg BOATS! ABOUT TIME EA! So excited for them and living on them and discovering new objects and islands!! Hotels etc. are going to be a major part of this game because so many people have asked for them so i hope everyone comes out looking good and everyone loves it! Also, you can build houses on the water. YES YES YES. THANKYOU EA.

I feel though, that because EA have actually mixed it up and have gone for a raw and new idea to anything from the sims 1 or 2 that this will be one, if not the best selling EP because it provides never seen or done before objects and gameplay. Yes, Bon Voyage had some of the features. Most stuff is new. Different is good, thankyou EA :)
  • Options
    LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited January 2013
    clubers wrote:

http://www.beyondsims.com/40522/more-possible-expansion-options-in-another-survey/

Read the last one, this survey predicted Diesel, Seasons, University, and more (and accurately had their features). The last one describes "Island Time" which, judging by its description, seems a lot like Island Paradise. According to this, there will be mermaids.
    It doesn't mention boats on the survey though. I imagine some things have been taken put for the inclusion of a big feature like that.