Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Seasons not updating

Hello. I have had very many issues over the past couple of days and the EA Live Chat has been unable to help me even though I spoke with three different representatives.

First off, I have a MacBook Pro. I have all of the expansions and stuff packs minus Fast Lane Stuff, Ambitions, and Showtime. I had Ambitions before I talked to the EA Live Chat reps, but that's part of this long story...

I had an update come up the other day, and I clicked to update it. The launcher would crash and it wouldn't install the update. I could not even play my game unless it updated. So I talked to a representative (The first out of three...) and he told me to download some manual updater thing. I downloaded it and it updated successfully. I opened up my launcher and ALL of my games had disappeared besides World Adventures. Even the base game was not highlighted. I decided to go ahead and run the game to see if the launcher was glitching. I x'd out of the live chat and loaded up the game. I had two out of three families dimmed and I could not play them because it said that they had stuff from other packs that I did not have. Meaning that the only game I had was World Adventures.

The next day I talked to another EA Live Chat rep. The second one. She eventually had me uninstall all of my Sims games. I was reluctant, but that was the only possible way to fix my game. So I did it. I reinstalled my games today (1/6/13) and thought that my game would work. Nope! It said I needed an update for Seasons. So I've been trying to get it to update and it will get to about 3/4 of the way done with downloading the update, and then it will just disappear. The launcher stays up though, and I have not tried running it without the update. I am scared to try the manual update again because I do not want my games to disappear like the first time.

Within the past hour, I have talked to a THIRD EA Live Chat rep. She suggested I download them all in order. I read on the EA site that they do not need to be in order. So she had me use my uninstaller to just uninstall Seasons since that is the pack that needed the update. She told me to reinstall it. So I did. It STILL needs the update. I am currently watching it download the update, but I am not sure if it will work or not. She told me that I will get an email from experts within 2-3 working days. I am an avid simmer so I do not want to wait that long.

My question is: Why is this happening and is there a way to fix it?

I have Ambitions up at school and I am going back on Friday and I am going to reinstall it then. I also plan on buying the 70s, 80s and 90s stuff pack and I hope that it doesn't mess up my game.

EDIT: I also do not have ANY type of CC downloaded right now. I deleted EVERYTHING and only downloaded the games when I was trying to fix it.