The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

installing sims in auxiliary internal hard drive?

Hi!

My computer has 2 hard drives: a small ssd drive (yes, I know saying ssd drive is redundant, I don't care), and an extra terabyte disk drive.

My operating system is on the ssd, for loading speed. The other drive was for music/photos/movies. That was the plan.

Now, when I stopped playing sims a few months back, I was running out of space on the much smaller ssd and uninstalled all of it to make space for other games.

When I install sims 3, can I pick custom install, and change the directory from C:\ (the ssd that has no space left) to D:\ (the terabyte of extra storage space), and it'll install and run fine?

I am NOT installing on an external, where the reported concern was that usb data transfer rates are too slow to load/run a game off of. It's just a 2nd internal drive, but not the one that shares the operating system. I just want the gigabytes-large bulk of the game files to be on D where there's space, and not C.

I just tried this last night with assassin's creed 2 and it worked! :)
Will it work with sims 3 too?

Comments

• Options
    GrammastolaRoseaGrammastolaRosea Posts: 92 New Member
    edited January 2013
    nevermind!

Tried it, and it works!
    Maybe this will help someone else, who has run out of space on their main hard drive and is contemplating putting their game on a 2nd one. It does indeed play.