Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW won't load?

I have Seasons, I'm patched to 1.42 and I can install CAW. However, when I click to open it, I get the Create-A-World screen then it changes to a blank white screen and Task Manager tells me it's stopped responding.

I created a world back in August and when the latest patch came out, I uninstalled the old CAW. I have now tried installing this version of CAW about 4 times so far, and still no luck getting past the white screen.

Any ideas folks?

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi :)

So, your computer give a white screen as if it's stuck? Does Task Manager come up to tell you or do you open it?

CAW can take a little while to open and will say- Not Responding- at the Top. If you give it a few minutes it should open.

The white screen... is that after you click on it?
  • Options
    KaztompKaztomp Posts: 519 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thank you so much for asking Rflong...

I will try and explain what happens... I double click the CAW icon on my desktop and the Create A World screen comes up, then about 2 seconds later it changes to a white screen.

The first time it happened I left it to make a cup of coffee and when I came back it was still white, so I waited probably a total of about 5 minutes, then I opened Task Manager and saw it wasn't responding.

Now of course I see the white screen and I know Task Manager will say it's not responding, so I force it closed and try again, and again, and again. I am nothing if not persistent and probably just a little stupid - lol!

I had also removed all mods and have no CC in my game.

I'm just baffled as to why now, when previously I was able to use it.. if I have to wait until CAW is "fixed" then I guess that's what I'll have to do.. but sheesh! Talk about frustrating :)