Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having trouble with The Serenity Retreat/ ice lounge

It worked fine when I first downloaded sunlit tides and I was able to add it to any town without problems. I recently started a new game and the retreat seems to have disappeared completely. It no longer shows up in community lots and I can't add it anywhere. I tried uninstalling and re installing the gold version of Sunlit Tides in the hopes that it would reappear with no luck. I also have the limited edition of seasons installed and have yet to ever see the ice lounge appear in community lots so I could place it in my game. I ordered seasons on origin so maybe that has something to do with it? Someone please help!
Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn

Comments

• Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited January 2013
    I've also noticed that all the objects for the retreat are still there in buy/build mode. Just the retreat itself is missing.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2013
    This happens from time to time. I think most of us are having issues with venues disappearing from the bin. In mine it is named Community Lot Visitors Allowed. I don't know it's lot number. The Ice lounge is apparently no 10 so may appear simply named 10. I just confirmed it is the one labelled Community Lot Hangout in my bin

There are lots of threads around that discuss this issue. I periodically start a new Sims 3 folder and reinstall everything. That takes about a day so I try to manage without things for as long as possible. I just finished doing this yesterday and hope not to have to do it again for a long time.

Edit: I wondered if this thread may help. It gives a lot more info than I've been able to give here and some of it may be of interest.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/629082.page
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited January 2013
    The same issue with Serenity Retreat - after clean install of whole game and store - items on new gaming PC. I have followed this instructions for installing my Store - content http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/593907.page.
    I haven't had thumbnail with image for Serenity Retreat on my Installed content tab on launcher - only thumbnails with some pack for this. I've uninstalled Serenity Retreat (name of item is "6") and now I can't find massage table in game. Launcher says, that massage table is installed, but in game it isn't (hobbies - skills or surfaces - various).
    I have all Store content in my game, but not for everything I've used launcher (most of them is converted in packages). My DCBackup is only 1,28 GB, in DCCache are 9 dcdb*.ebc files smaller than 200 MB.
    I have 16 GB of RAM on Win7 x 64bit. No 3rd parties CC.
    I'll try reinstall all Store content, but please, EA, fix the launcher!
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited January 2013
    Jenieusa's method was helpfull for me too for finding only this massage table in bunch of the store-conted installed. :)
    I've unistalled it and reinstalled in another *.ebc file. Now I can see all my Store-content (solution posted in link above with my deepest thanks to Jenieusa).
    Lots (Serenity Retreat too) - I prefer convert this everytime in package, rename it, make a backup on external drive and place it in my game in Library folder every time, when needed (so I don't have reinstall whole set, if needed only lot). :wink:
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).