Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims don't adhere to the weather

Has anyone else notice how the sims do not go by what weather it is? How they dress and there actions seem to be completely random. Have some sims walking around in shorts and flip flops and won't change to their outerwear and have child sims doing homework outside in a snowstorm. Some say sims won't change if it not cold enough but it only 30 degress with snowstorm, what more needed to get them to change?

Comments

• Options
    shel8899shel8899 Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    I have this same problem as the sims out in the snow in their pjs / underwear and then complain they are cold :?

Seems daft to me - I always have to change the clothes once they have gone outside.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited January 2013
    Yep, EA has not done a good job at this.
    They change into outerwear if it's 0 degrees Celsius or below.
    They had to go with a certain value, you know.
    However I wish they added another clothing category for temperatures between 20 and 0 degrees Celsius.
    I create a second casual outfit for those days with warmer clothing and I change my Sims manually into it.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Jess-sesj95Jess-sesj95 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I've sent my sims out into the -14 degree weather in nothing but a bikini (yes, I am evil >.> ), and it didn't seem to have any effect on them whatsoever! :O I've had about five season rotations, and I haven't had a single sick sim, or a tanned sim!
  • Options
    DuneGamerDuneGamer Posts: 235
    edited January 2013
    I've sent my sims out into the -14 degree weather in nothing but a bikini (yes, I am evil >.> ), and it didn't seem to have any effect on them whatsoever! :O I've had about five season rotations, and I haven't had a single sick sim, or a tanned sim!

All my sims end up sick! Swap :lol: