Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Notifications sound won't stop, ruined my special effects side of the game :(

Hi there,

I have a problem that's only just started when i accepted a friend request. I have had a lovely running game, and even posted the storyline in the forums, but since i accepted a request, the notifications sound will not stop at all.

I have been through chat and they couldn't help me, im very disappointed this has happened. It seems one notification is trying to come through or has, and has left that sound constant, even though when i clear them, its saying there is one there, but there isnt, i look and its nothing. But the sound wont stop and has over ridden my other special effects sounds, and i had to turn it off.

I was hoping someone else has had similar problem?
Yes i have cleared caches, cleared temporary files etc.
Live chat even told me to remove the friend request that i accepted, but no luck.
I am worried i am going to have to start over and delete the game i have, but its such a great storyline i have atm, and the sims are awesome :(

Can anyone help me at all? pweaaseee? :oops:

p.s. I also stopped the notifications as well, and that did nothing either :(
FEvr1sR.gif

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited December 2012
    I had that all day with a game a couple of days ago. I found several posts about it in the store forums. In the end my solution was to turn the sound off. Later I started another game and it wasn't in that game. Today I reopened the problem game and there is no problem withe it. I think an opportunity to provide help to the police starts it as that can't be completed. When the sim does it the opportunity just stays there. When you've got the sim to complete it a few times the music starts looping. I got that music to stop by cancelling the opportunity but a few minutes later festival music started looping and that kept going. It followed the mother of the household wherever she went. So I changed to a different household in the same game and the festival music followed her until I muted the ambient sounds. Today I have sound turned on and am playing the same game without a problem.
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited December 2012
    Okay, thank you, I will cancel that, cause yes i do have that opportunity atm.

I hope it works, cause its driving me nuts!
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited December 2012
    Thank you so much, it worked! OMG no annoying sound over riding my special effects sounds! :D

I was so worried i might have had to wipe this game, but i dont. yay! :D
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited December 2012
    Excellent. I'm pleased it worked for you. It must be a bug if so many people are getting the same thing happening with the same opportunity. I haven't had any recurrence of the looping noises again since I restarted my computer.