Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4?

There has been lots of speculation about the Sims 4.

Honestly and personally I don't want there to be a Sims 4 because I just think it would be a waste. :?

It would take up too much memory, too demanding graphics and I think the whole thing just sounds very unlikely at the moment.

The Sims 3 is as good as it is, the only thing that only ever needs to be improved is the bugs. The graphics are good, the size of the games are good, clothes good, hair good, objects, houses, interactions, detail GOOD! :)

EA are still regularly updating the site, still creating new content for the store and there I think there are still plenty more expansion packs/stuff packs that they have in mind, I mean they only just released Seasons! So I don't think they would have their minds set on The Sims 4 at this time.

I have seen a lot of people say what things they would like in the Sims 4 and most of the stuff is interactions and objects from the Sims 2 because they weren't included in the Sims 3, but then if you really want them back then just go and play Sims 2 ya'know? Because Sims 3 is unique and EA doesn't want to make it exactly like Sims 2 otherwise they would of just stopped there.

I dunno, I just don't want Sims 4, it just wouldn't interest me and I wouldn't buy it.

What are your opinions on the Sims 4? :?:

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2012
    Try not to take this the wrong way, but people said the same thing about Sims 2 in relation to not wanting Sims 3. Not long after that, Sims 3 was announced.

So, the announcement for Sims 4 shouldn't be too long from now.

Edit: To expand:

Modern video games don't make money off "perfect as is." They make money off of "this game is good, but needs more." The moment their customer base starts saying it's perfect as it, they know their revenue stream for it is going to pretty much dry up and it's time to move on to either a sequel or an entirely different game.
  • Options
    lollypops101lollypops101 Posts: 25
    edited December 2012
    I could imagine, I never played TS2, I just know most of the stuff from watching LP's, I it looks good but the TS3 is better in my opinion.

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited December 2012
    I agree w/ TanyaRubirose.

I don't think TS4 will be a waste - and I don't think TS3 is perfect. It's the series' worst out of 1, 2, and 3. Barely any improvements were made in it. Yes, EA is updating the site and store - but only because people are still buying (I'm sure at a lower rate than before). They're going to keep developing for both until TS4 is out to make the most money they can.

"The graphics are good, the size of the games are good, clothes good, hair good, objects, houses, interactions, detail GOOD!"

I disagree with EACH of these things COMPLETELY. Maybe they're "good" but they can exceed "good" and be much better.

The Sims studio is split up into many different categories and groups - they can develop tons of things at once, regardless if they're any good. It's been rumored ever since a Sims dev on Twitter supposedly tweeted he was working on the design for the Sims, TS4 has been in development for years now.

It will happen - and you should have known this when you purchased the game in the first place being it has happened twice before.

"Because Sims 3 is unique and EA doesn't want to make it exactly like Sims 2 otherwise they would of just stopped there."

They're so unique they remade several EP concepts from TS2 AND TS1 as well as included plenty of their items? I feel they should make TS4 unique and flat out state it will be an entirely new game - not just a halfbaked remake/reboot of the past games.

Sorry if the post sounds too condescending - I just don't get why/how people would say there's no opportunity for us, the consumer/EA the company when EA clearly knows there is. I would suggest disagreeing with it once it has been announced and we've seen what it has to offer.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited December 2012
    oops - double post
  • Options
    lollypops101lollypops101 Posts: 25
    edited December 2012
    I'm happy with TS3 at the moment, I like everything thats included and I can't wait to get the stuff that comes out. I don't think TS4 would appeal to me but I don't know because it hasn't even been announced yet...