The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurants!

I would like to put out the idea of allowing a sim to own and run their own restaurant. I think it would be wonderful for that sim who has built up their cooking skills and have already reached the top of the restaurant job to be able to actually buy a lot where there is an empty building and turn it into a restaurant of their own.
With this you would be able to do the following things:

-Decorate the restaurant as you see fit; Asian, Italian, Chinese, Cafe, etc.
-Choose your own menu options; prices, dessert options, and main courses
-Experiment option; come up with a new and exciting twist on dishes that we all know and love. Also with the "experiment" option there would be about 10 dishes that are considered secret that after many attempts/fails you would come up with these dishes over time that would increase the reputation of your restaurant.

What is even better is you would be able to control your sim. The order would come in and they would then be able to cook the meal and have the waitress or waiter serve the meal to the customer. There are issues that can arise as well, such as the customer being unhappy with the dish, the waitress or waiter not doing their job properly so it would be the job of the controlled sim to take care of these issues. There may be a box that pops up and says that the waitress has been talking on her cell for in the corner and how would you like to handle this situation...blah blah blah. What do you guys think???????

Comments

• Options
    LimeSims3LimeSims3 Posts: 550 Member
    edited December 2012
    Sounds great, although this idea is not really new. You might wanna serach for OFB (Open For Business) in the forums.
    Twitter: @LimeSims ♦ Facebook: iSims Sverige
  • Options
    AmistadStarAmistadStar Posts: 41 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Actually, I believe you can make a restaurant. I'll explain below, it also helps to have W.A. but it's not needed, if you're not extremely picky about realism like me.

1 - Pick an empty lot, change it to community, and select "hangout".
    2 - Decorate the lot to your liking.
    3 - You may have noticed that you can't place a stove, telephone, microwave, and a few other objects in your community lot. Use the short guide below for how to place them.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=284980

With the World Adventures Expansion, you can place a food register, I'm not sure if other Sims will come to buy food, but there's usually always people there. You could make the food in the kitchen (or where ever you cook the food, or bring from home, if you'd like) and serve the people, or serve the food somewhere, people are bound to eat it. Basically the simulation of a restaurant.

If you play without cheats like motherlode and kaching, a decent restaurant will cost around 100,000 simoleons to buy out. (won't actually be worth 100,000 simoleons, but they raise the price to buy it for some reason. So Make sure your sim has atleast 100,000 before making, and planning to buy the restaurant you create. Hope I helped ;)
  • Options
    NatskyNatsky Posts: 32
    edited December 2012
    Building off that idea, if you have Monte Vista or you managed to just buy the oven that comes with it, you are able to place that stove on a community lot. Make it a hang out and have one of your sims purchase it. Then they can run a pizzeria!I don't know if they'll actually make money out of it, but if you keep serving meals like pizza, lasagna etc., the other sims will eat what you make. So in this sense, you've opened up a restaurant.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    I really want a sims 2 style Open for Business e.p including open resteraunts in the way you mentioned CarrieFrazier. :D

I particularly like this idea:
    the sim would even have the option to "experiment" to come up with a new and exciting twist on dishes that we all know and love. Also with the "experiment" option there would be about 10 dishes that are considered secret that after many attempts/fails you would come up with these dishes over time that would increase the reputation of your restaurant.

I don't think I've seen this idea before and it sounds new and fun. :D (If you like, I will move this quote to the OFB and Homecraft threads, the Homecraft thread in particular was developed through the suggestions and ideas of the community and is all about crafts including baking. I'd love to add this idea the the f.p!)

Can I offer some advice for your thread? When you write all your ideas in one big paragraph as you did, some people find it quite hard to read, and others just skim read to get the gist of your idea without reading the details. Try editing your first post and spacing out your ideas to make them clearer and easier to read. :D

AmistadStar and Natsky... great advice! I can't wait to try that! I'd still love for it to be done properly though, especially with the romantic interactions like stealing food of each other's plates and proposing at the table. I think it would be fun to have the option to skip out on the bill too, and if you get caught you have to wash the dishes. :lol:
  • Options
    CarrieFrazierCarrieFrazier Posts: 45 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I really want a sims 2 style Open for Business e.p including open resteraunts in the way you mentioned CarrieFrazier. :D

I particularly like this idea:
    the sim would even have the option to "experiment" to come up with a new and exciting twist on dishes that we all know and love. Also with the "experiment" option there would be about 10 dishes that are considered secret that after many attempts/fails you would come up with these dishes over time that would increase the reputation of your restaurant.

I don't think I've seen this idea before and it sounds new and fun. :D (If you like, I will move this quote to the OFB and Homecraft threads, the Homecraft thread in particular was developed through the suggestions and ideas of the community and is all about crafts including baking. I'd love to add this idea the the f.p!)

Can I offer some advice for your thread? When you write all your ideas in one big paragraph as you did, some people find it quite hard to read, and others just skim read to get the gist of your idea without reading the details. Try editing your first post and spacing out your ideas to make them clearer and easier to read. :D

AmistadStar and Natsky... great advice! I can't wait to try that! I'd still love for it to be done properly though, especially with the romantic interactions like stealing food of each other's plates and proposing at the table. I think it would be fun to have the option to skip out on the bill too, and if you get caught you have to wash the dishes. :lol:

Thanks so much for the wonderful advice. I don't post much here on the forums, however, yesterday I was playing with my sim who is an AMAZING cook. She recently became a vampire and this has expanded her lifespan greatly. She has already maxed out the cooking career and now she has no reason to use her AMAZING cooking skills anymore. With this I starting thinking about how wonderful it would be to own a restaurant!

I am going to go through and re-do my post in the section that you mentioned and see if I might get some better hits. I would love for you to re-post the ideas that you loved from mine. I honestly just want to see this happen because it will really make the game that much better.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Thank you! I'll repost the quote in the threads now. :D:D:D

Ha! The poor vampire! Making all that yummy food and not being able to eat it! Hmmm... if there were more plasma fruit recipies, she could make a restaurant targeted at vampires! Plasma nectar and a vampire professional bar would be good too. :twisted:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Thank you! I'll repost the quote in the threads now. :D:D:D

Ha! The poor vampire! Making all that yummy food and not being able to eat it! Hmmm... if there were more plasma fruit recipies, she could make a restaurant targeted at vampires! Plasma nectar and a vampire professional bar would be good too. :twisted:

That is an amazing idea! Make it only open in the evening-early morning hours so that the vampires who are not immortal can still go to the restaurant without suffering a really horrible sunburn.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    ^^^^ Love it! :thumbup:

And the opening post is better too. :wink:
  • Options
    NatskyNatsky Posts: 32
    edited December 2012
    *nostalgic sigh* I know what you mean, I do miss the old days of TS2's Open for Business and all you could do with it... I long for the simplicity. In a sense, I kinda feel like a lot of things in TS3 are really sophisticated in comparison to TS2, but with that sophistication came a lot of restrictions.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    ^^^^ Love it! :thumbup:

And the opening post is better too. :wink: