Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons serial code is unvalid, so i can't register it?

So when i got Seasons, i registered it on the site, and i soon found out that no ones Seasons icon was showing up on their my page.. however, i noticed that someone's icon did show up.. So i tried to register mine again, and it said my serial was invalid, when i am 100% it is real, because i have it infront of me, physically..

I really want the Seasons icon to show up lol! Help?

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2012
    So when i got Seasons, i registered it on the site, and i soon found out that no ones Seasons icon was showing up on their my page.. however, i noticed that someone's icon did show up.. So i tried to register mine again, and it said my serial was invalid, when i am 100% it is real, because i have it infront of me, physically..

It is invalid because you already registered with it. You cannot use a serial number twice.

The icon is still not showing up for most of us. You are registered so you don't have to register again. In fact, unless you buy another copy of the game, you cannot register again.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    lanielynnelanielynne Posts: 169 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Its actually a glitch. Once it registers with origin for some reason it won't register with the sims 3 site. I'm running into the issue right now where I had to uninstall some games to get my store content to load properly and now I have to go through the process of getting a new code all over again...because I got the digital copy and I don't have my email any longer with the code in it...

Sadly it also unregistered the code from the sims 3 site too...>.> I hope I don't have to create 2 tickets with the different teams...ugh...

go to origin.com and customer service link if you need to start a ticket with them.
  • Options
    ThoseDaysAreOverThoseDaysAreOver Posts: 1,315 Member
    edited December 2012
    Uhhh... so my code is gone? lost? It will never show up? This stinks! :( Thanks though D:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    lanielynne wrote:
    Its actually a glitch. Once it registers with origin for some reason it won't register with the sims 3 site. I'm running into the issue right now where I had to uninstall some games to get my store content to load properly and now I have to go through the process of getting a new code all over again...because I got the digital copy and I don't have my email any longer with the code in it...

Sadly it also unregistered the code from the sims 3 site too...>.> I hope I don't have to create 2 tickets with the different teams...ugh...

go to origin.com and customer service link if you need to start a ticket with them.

...that's not at all accurate. Origin and TheSims3.com are both under the auspices of EA, they use the same login. When you buy from Origin it automatically applies the serial code to your login. That registers it here as well as with Origin.

And you Cannot use a serial number that has already been registered, which is why the Origin serial numbers will say "invalid" if you try. Because they have been used already.
  • Options
    ThoseDaysAreOverThoseDaysAreOver Posts: 1,315 Member
    edited December 2012
    Stormkeep wrote:
    lanielynne wrote:

...that's not at all accurate. Origin and TheSims3.com are both under the auspices of EA, they use the same login. When you buy from Origin it automatically applies the serial code to your login. That registers it here as well as with Origin.

And you Cannot use a serial number that has already been registered, which is why the Origin serial numbers will say "invalid" if you try. Because they have been used already.

I see, i see... So will it ever show up?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    thus is why it is a glitch...because it didn't register in both places. At least that's what the person had told me the first time I got the issue fixed. Yes the way you described is the way it is supposed to work. But especially with those who ordered the limited edition version and maybe some that didn't, I have limited one so I can't say on behalf of the rest, it was not registering the way it was supposed to.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Uhhh... so my code is gone? lost? It will never show up? This stinks! :( Thanks though D:

It's not gone, it has been used, by you. You are registered.

This site is glitchy as hell, so the icons haven't been showing for people that registered but that has NOTHING to do with your code or your registration. It is all about problems at TheSims3.com and nothing to do with your game, your serial number or your registration.

Your icon may show up eventually. Mine finally did today. I bought it from Origin, digitally, the day it came out. My icon showed for about one hour that day and then was gone.

Today, several weeks later, it showed back up after being missing that entire time.

You ARE registered. This site is buggy. Your icon will probably show up...eventually.

If you bought from Origin digitally though, you can contact them about the problem. They will give you another serial number to use. The thing is, if your icon is not showing up from your first registration that probably won't do any good, the new one will just vanish too. I know this because I did ALL of this the day I bought the game. Like I said, mine finally did show up, today, weeks later.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I got it fixed once anyway. But you have to talk to the people from origin and sims 3 staff to get it fixed.
  • Options
    gramanda126010gramanda126010 Posts: 288 Member
    edited December 2012
    Stormkeep wrote:

It is invalid because you already registered with it. You cannot use a serial number twice.

The icon is still not showing up for most of us. You are registered so you don't have to register again. In fact, unless you buy another copy of the game, you cannot register again.

I have the same problem with my supernatural and I didn't register it first so what am I to d. I asked EA support and they told me to buy a new copy of of that EP. but I can't as I have only got enough money for ONE copy of every game of the sims 3
  • Options
    edited December 2012

I have the same problem with my supernatural and I didn't register it first so what am I to d. I asked EA support and they told me to buy a new copy of of that EP. but I can't as I have only got enough money for ONE copy of every game of the sims 3

If you bought it from Origin you can contact their Live Chat through origin and explain the issue. They will ask you for your order number (which you can get from Order history in Origin if you didn't keep the original email). Then they will give you a new serial number.

If you didn't buy from Origin, you are out of luck.
  • Options
    gramanda126010gramanda126010 Posts: 288 Member
    edited December 2012
    yeah thats what i thought :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    When I got my issue fixed the first time I contacted origin and fixed an issue through them, then they directed me to the sims 3 site team, not the EA team, and they were able to fix the issue in regaurds to my registering the game through the site. Not that having it registered through the site is that big a deal, because I think you can still download all of the seasons specific items from the site and as long as the game is running on your pc then you should still be able to use all of them. Some of the content might still be hidden though if you haven't registered it through the site, like with ambitions or world adventure extra content
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited December 2012
    I really wish people would keep up with SimGuruRusskii's threads. They are sticky'd at the top of the Technical forum.

This is the issue with the icons and has been since the release...
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/675/586025.page#9888321

They did fix this after the maintenance for some. However, after the indexing was complete the issue still exist, so this is still an issue site wide.

If you registered your game there is no need to try and register it again, because you have already used the code.

She has also updated the first page with the current issues they are trying to resolve.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Many of us got that error when trying to register the EP the first time. This is a glitch and you must call Origin CS and they will do it manually for you. You may also have to have them turn for seasons icon on your My Page and Launcher after they manually register for you
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited December 2012
    My Season Icon is gone to hopefully they well fix this and yes I did post about it on one of the Guru comments