Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Debeech - Version 2- Ready!

Is now on the exchange: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6840114

Here is the link for version 2: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6977699

version 2 has a few routing issues fixed and some unwelcome CC removed. :lol:

Many different things about this town:

There are 29 starter homes available. Many custom apartments. All new high-rises for residential and commercial.

There are only 2 vacant residential lots. 40x50 and 50x40. Many other lots can be easily removed and replaced. There are several EA designed homes that sre in place mainly as filler.

There is one vacant 20x30 commercial lot that was intended to have a pet store. Could also be used for a pet park.

There are a couple of lot tears, at the Stockyard and Prescott Bay State Beach. Not serious, but noticable.

Stryker Mining Co has some bizarre routing around the lot. Due to its location. Not bad, and somewhat comical when sims arrive/leave.

There are 4 small 'tombs' to explore. 2 independent, and 2 connected. Seek and ye shall find! :mrgreen:
Unfortunately, I may have made to tombs a bit too rich. So if its too much, just drink the nectar. :lol:

There is a Base camp called Hollywood Hotel. Opportunities may be had by the bulletin board.

I placed one of the EA clubs from Starlight Shores as filler. It can be removed if needed.

There are 13 venues with bars. All varieties. There are also a few combined bar/showtime venues that work fine.

Spawners are complete, (excepting China/Egypt/France),but relatively sparse. They are all there, you just have to hunt for them.

Some areas are intentionally left blank. :D

The Distant terrain did not translate well onto this town. There are areas where you can see mountains underwater, and even an underwater city.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Ive been building this one sort of backwards. After placing some of the lots, I exported and played it. While playing Ive built most of the venues. Its real easy to playtest then. :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited December 2012
    It looks amazing, Docsprock! I am eager to try it out!
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited December 2012
    Here is a pile of new pics from playtesting:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

• Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited December 2012
    Looking good. :D Hope CAW gets fixed soon, would love to see not only your world but others that are waiting on the CAW repair.
  • Options
    DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited December 2012
    Looks like your world is coming along really nicely! I can't wait to see the finished product!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Rukaya wrote:
    Looking good. :D Hope CAW gets fixed soon, would love to see not only your world but others that are waiting on the CAW repair.

Fortunately, I have not installed Supernatural or Seasons. I have also not updated my game or CAW since Showtime. Everything works quite well. I just cannot add the new lots/venues from the last 2 EPs.
  • Options
    QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited December 2012
    Nice pun. I like how you kept everything compact including the single family residential lots; it makes it all look more lively.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Ive been having a lot of fun with this one. Here is a whole bunch of new screenies.

Here is the nectary:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Whitmond Farm:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Along one of the many trails near the equestrian center:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Out near the Academy:
    screenshot_original.jpg

The Academy:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Another view:
    screenshot_original.jpg

City view from one of the trails:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Wide view of the Stockyard bar, Nectary, Equestrian Center, and Military base:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Pony Ranch out near the Equestrian center:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Overhead of most of the city: This is an earlier view. There are more/different lots, and more trees, etc.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Edit 2: Ive re-entered each of the links and got them to work. ;)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hello Doc :D

I really like the overhead pic with the winding roads and the cool coastline. Lots of detail. :D
  • Options
    JackmontcJackmontc Posts: 233 Member
    edited December 2012
    Love the overhead picture aswell, along with the one with the moon. Fantastic views. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Ok, the broken pics have been fixed. 8)
  • Options
    YuniesonYunieson Posts: 192 New Member
    edited December 2012
    :D Whenever you are ready, we (I :P) am ready for your town!
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited December 2012
    Very nice, Doc. I look forward to this world...have played a few of your world.

Bookmarking this thread. :P :P :P
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I wanted to post an update before this thread gets lost. :P

Ive been vigorously playtesting for several generations, with a high population. It plays extremely smooth so far.

There are still a couple lots to fix up and always another tree to add.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi :mrgreen:

It looks really well done. :thumbup:
  • Options
    AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi :mrgreen:

I like it a lot Doc! Love the sculpting and terrain painting!
  • Options
    ninnersninners Posts: 221 Member
    edited January 2013
    Doc, I can't say I've played any of your worlds before (I have seen them, I just tend to run an EP or so behind and miss out on some amazing things), but I will be watching and downloading this when it comes out. Any idea when you'll be ready to release? I have a long weekend coming up, just saying :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ninners wrote:
    Doc, I can't say I've played any of your worlds before (I have seen them, I just tend to run an EP or so behind and miss out on some amazing things), but I will be watching and downloading this when it comes out. Any idea when you'll be ready to release? I have a long weekend coming up, just saying :wink:

Im going to have to call it finished soon. Ive been playtesting and adding/fixing things non-stop for weeks now.

Im actually tired of playing it now. :(:mrgreen:

I finished fixing up the tomb system today, and put in addresses. There are so many details that I could keep adding forever.

So, as soon as I finish testing the Showtime lots, it will be done. 8)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Here are a bunch more pics from playtesting:

Power-Putt driving range next to the graveyard and the middle-class residential district:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Prescott Bay State Beach:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Lighthouse with the city way in the background:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Overhead view of the Academy area:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Far overhead of the city:
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited January 2013
    This is beautiful! <3<3
    I just realized how bad I suck at worlds. lol >_> :oops:
  • Options
    YuniesonYunieson Posts: 192 New Member
    edited January 2013
    :P Done? please?
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited January 2013
    I really love the cityscape you've given. :D Definitely interested in the development of this one :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Ive still got a few bugs to work out. Showtime lots, you know? :lol:

It should be ready tomorrow or Saturday.
  • Options
    ninnersninners Posts: 221 Member
    edited January 2013
    Just came back to see how it's coming along and to give a bump, this world looks fantastic! Hoping to have some play-time with it this coming week?
    Not meaning to be impatient, I'm just excited. I'd rather have a complete and functioning world than a rushed one.
  • Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited January 2013
    So glad you jumped back into CAW.I have played many of your worlds,Torburg always being my favorite.Looking forward to giving this one a whirl.
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited January 2013
    This looks great!!! I am definitely going to download this world, it's just what i have been looking for.