Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bakery/Cafe/Restaurant Venue suggestion :-)

Comments

• Options
    kickbacksimmerkickbacksimmer Posts: 65
    edited December 2012
    In OFB Sims 2 when we opened a store we could hire employees. That's cool. We could interview teenagers for part-time jobs and local townies for full time jobs :)
    Maybe introduce new cookbooks for Baker sims to improve skills, like "Baking for Dummies" :wink:
    Here are some images of cool Sims 2 Bakeries. Enjoy 8)

A Medieval Bakery
    bakery6sm.jpg
    Looks like something went wrong :wink: LOL
    bakery3sm.jpg
    A Goth Bakery - spot the Wedding and Birthday cakes :D
    Bellas3.png
    Bellas2.png
    An Italian Bakery
    1.jpg
    4.jpg
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited December 2012
    Fabulous pictures kickbacksimmer :) The Gothic Bakery is amazing! I LOVE the Wedding and Birthday Cakes!! :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2012
    I really wanted an Easy Bake Oven PC item that could allow our sims to be pattissiers who could make any confectionary.
    Muffins to biscuits, scones, cakes, pies, cupcakes, doughnuts, bagels, cinnamon sticks, pretzels, baklava, cinnamon buns, smores, cookies...god I'm hungry. :cry:
  • Options
    samanthajane26samanthajane26 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited December 2012
    OFB was my favourite Sims 2 EP and I very much miss it. Running a shop was very challenging at times and Sims 3 in many ways lacks real meaty challenge especially with some of the store PC items. I would really really love to see a bakery and cafe, I'm always building little cafe's on my lots even though the best I can give them is the generic food register but they lack the charm of OFB. As CLP suggested would be nice to see it with an EP, I'm not knocking the store, they make some really nice additions to the game, but I'd like to see something a bit more than an item with an npc that was just the food resigter with a pretty skin, I'd like the whole functionality thing like OFB gave, if you know what I mean :)

Love the pictures in this thread, I'm sure they will be inspiration next time I'm building!
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited December 2012
    I've always wanted a bakery in my game, with display cases of cakes and pastries and an NPC to sell a variety of goods each day, like the WA food registers. Really, all that's needed is a designated "Bakery" register, and tempting display cases with an assortment of delectables. We could build the venues ourselves, or EA could provide one in a set in the store!

I don't think I'd want my Sim to work there, but I'd prefer it to be a hangout. If need be, my Sim could bake at home and bring their goods to be sold there, just like at the Consignment Store.

I would want my Sims to sit down to eat though, and not gobble their goodies standing up. Then they could sit back and sip a steaming hot cup of coffee or tea afterwards. Yummers! And they could get "Bakery" moodlets from smelling all the fresh-baked aromas. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    OFB was my favourite Sims 2 EP and I very much miss it. Running a shop was very challenging at times and Sims 3 in many ways lacks real meaty challenge especially with some of the store PC items. I would really really love to see a bakery and cafe, I'm always building little cafe's on my lots even though the best I can give them is the generic food register but they lack the charm of OFB. As CLP suggested would be nice to see it with an EP, I'm not knocking the store, they make some really nice additions to the game, but I'd like to see something a bit more than an item with an npc that was just the food resigter with a pretty skin, I'd like the whole functionality thing like OFB gave, if you know what I mean :)

Love the pictures in this thread, I'm sure they will be inspiration next time I'm building!

Great feedback samanthajane26 and Pamhamlet :) Thank you for your ideas and thoughts :)
    The OFB Sims 2 EP is brilliant! If EA decide to remake it for TS3 - Fabulous! :thumbup: But if they do not, a Bakery venue is an awesome alternative that would please alot of simmers :D
    You mentioned that Sims 3 in many ways lacks real meaty challenge, I totally agree. I really miss my sims having a purpose and a mission. I would be delighted to see 'mandatory' challenges in game. Showtime had this to a certain extent, but I wish for some harder tasks that give us a real sense of acheivement :D 8)

Do other simmers long for such tasks also? :?:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited December 2012
    I love the bakery idea, I have been trying to work out if it would be possible to mod the kids cake stand for adults for my own open air market attempt, let the mums/moms bake muffins and cookies and have a bake sale type of thing. Only I am fairly useless at coding, I can code a little but I don't feel competent enough to try and mod. Ah well...back burner for now.

I would even love a sale table item so you could hold yard sales/ car boot sale type things, guess I miss OFB more than I thought.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    IliketreeckoIliketreecko Posts: 155
    edited December 2012
    Hello betty_me13 :) It does look good, but custom content worries me :( It can so easily cause major gliches in your game.

kateoverend

OpoQQ.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    This is an old avatar. I still use it as my friends on this site are familiar with it and associate it with me :D I no longer have cc in my game as I find it can 'clog' and cause lag in my game. I mean no offense to any other simmers who use cc :) cc creators are extremely talented. I respect their skills :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    IliketreeckoIliketreecko Posts: 155
    edited December 2012
    This is an old avatar. I still use it as my friends on this site are familiar with it and associate it with me :D I no longer have cc in my game as I find it can 'clog' and cause lag in my game. I mean no offense to any other simmers who use cc :) cc creators are extremely talented. I respect their skills :)

I don't use CC either. I suppose that wraps up the confusion then, haha! Sorry, I just love troll faces :P I like the idea, by the way. :D
  • Options
    Russells2Russells2 Posts: 1,495 Member
    edited December 2012
    A bakery would be great! Especially if we could run it, in addition to visiting it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    I've always wanted a bakery in my game, with display cases of cakes and pastries and an NPC to sell a variety of goods each day, like the WA food registers. Really, all that's needed is a designated "Bakery" register, and tempting display cases with an assortment of delectables. We could build the venues ourselves, or EA could provide one in a set in the store!

I don't think I'd want my Sim to work there, but I'd prefer it to be a hangout. If need be, my Sim could bake at home and bring their goods to be sold there, just like at the Consignment Store.

I would want my Sims to sit down to eat though, and not gobble their goodies standing up. Then they could sit back and sip a steaming hot cup of coffee or tea afterwards. Yummers! And they could get "Bakery" moodlets from smelling all the fresh-baked aromas. :D

Hello Pamhamlet :)
    Your idea of sims selling their own baked goods to the Bakery, like a Consignment Store is an interesting one. Perhaps it could be like Catering? Maybe Bakery store owners could hire a regular Caterer to help with Baking and Cake Decorating instead of hiring part or full time Bakers and Cake Decorators?
    I like this concept :) It is full of unique opportunities and exciting possibilities :D It would work well with either a new Bakery Venue or new OFB EP :thumbup:
    Note: Sims had a Caterer. He was an NPC sim that could be hired for parties. He would refill food tables and the punch bowl. He charged §350 for his visit and usually left at midnight. His outfit resembled a chef's outfit: white coat, black and white squared pants with black shoes, and the big white hat :)

Introducing new moodlets would be great. EA did this with the Stonesthrow Greenhouse. It came with one new Moodlet :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited December 2012
    I guess the concession stands at the festivals are what got me excited about this. The concessioners aren't simple NPCs, as they do live in town, just like the consignment store clerk does, which is nice. They would keep certain hours, just like the festivals/consignment store. Maybe 1-9 pm? The concessioner would be tied to a "Bakery" register, plus there would need to be at least one Bakery Display Case on the lot. And, yes, wearing a work uniform would be a must! Even outside of the clerk's work hours, there would still be coffee/espresso/cocoa machines available at all times for a pick-me-up.

The map tag could be designated "Bakery" or we could just use "Hangout" since it wouldn't be a rabbithole. For kids (and adults!), the register could also sell candy, like chocolates, peanut brittle, licorice sticks, and lollipops, etc., which would also be displayed in cases or on racks. After all, where do those kids get that sucker that evil Sims like to steal? :P This could be a good spot to place the chocolate fountain and the ice-cream maker, unless they detracted from bakery sales, of course. :? Sims could still buy/own the venue as an income property. I think this type of venue would be so fun to have in town!
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited December 2012

I must only have 1 thing left that's CC. I took the rest out for the same reasons. So I don't go overboard either. And you have to ensure it can be updated when a new patch is released. :roll:

I'd prefer a bakery/cafe made by EA too. It's less hassle.

I hope they take these ideas forward! I'm excited by it too! :mrgreen:
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Thank you ncisGibbs02 :)

SimGuruCopeland took note of this thread, so maybe we have a good chance of getting this venue as he worked on the creation of Monte Vista and it's pc items *fingers crossed*

SimGuruSarah has looked at this thread as well. I think she liked our ideas and enthusiasm as she gifted me apparel :)

If nothing else, I think EA and the Gurus like to see, happy positive threads :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    KatryaKatrya Posts: 237 Member
    edited December 2012
    I would love a bakery, and I am also really interested in an OFB like EP. I do use the ATS bakery and it looks great in my spa in Lunar Lakes.

Screenshot-18731.jpg

Screenshot-18251.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Hello Katrya :) Thank you for sharing these images with us. I have been curious as to what the ATS Bakery looks like in game. It looks great :D
    I very much hope that Ea will make this venue *fingers crossed*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I am super excited at the prospect of a Bakery venue! :)

Sims 2 OFB Bakery images.

Looks like the staff are doing an inventory check :)
    snapshot_d4ebffcd_d4ec38e1.jpg
    Staff chatting to Customers :)
    sims2obpcscrnbakery4_18.01.06.jpg
    Look how popular this venue is with the local townies :)
    sims2ofb.jpg
    It is great to see the Bakers busy while the Serving Staff wait on Customers :thumbup:
    bakery2WM.jpg
    A happy Customer getting his purchases 'to go' :)
    bakery.jpg
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited December 2012
    I am super excited at the prospect of a Bakery venue! :)

Sims 2 OFB Bakery images.

Looks like the staff are doing an inventory check :)
    snapshot_d4ebffcd_d4ec38e1.jpg
    Staff chatting to Customers :)
    sims2obpcscrnbakery4_18.01.06.jpg
    Look how popular this venue is with the local townies :)
    sims2ofb.jpg
    It is great to see the Bakers busy while the Serving Staff wait on Customers :thumbup:
    bakery2WM.jpg
    A happy Customer getting his purchases 'to go' :)
    bakery.jpg

Great pics. Oh EA must do this! I'd love to have my Sim go shopping and taste a bakery treat! 8)
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    chow1Tobychow1Toby Posts: 35 Member
    edited December 2012

I would love a bakery cafe in my game! OFB was my favorite expansion in The Sims2 as well. The bakery was my favorite venue to play!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    chow1Toby wrote:
    I would love a bakery cafe in my game! OFB was my favorite expansion in The Sims2 as well. The bakery was my favorite venue to play!

Hello chow1Toby :)
    Alot of simmers miss OFB and the challenge of running and building up a successful business :D I do hope we get either a Bakery venue or a TS3 OFB EP 8)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    For kids (and adults!), the register could also sell candy, like chocolates, peanut brittle, licorice sticks, and lollipops, etc., which would also be displayed in cases or on racks. After all, where do those kids get that sucker that evil Sims like to steal? :P This could be a good spot to place the chocolate fountain and the ice-cream maker, unless they detracted from bakery sales, of course. :? Sims could still buy/own the venue as an income property. I think this type of venue would be so fun to have in town!

sims3updates_obj_15542_1_M.jpg
    Candy Bars :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited December 2012
    Loving the Bakery Idea, wan´t it so bad! I want everything chocolate, chocolate cake, chocolate pies...etc. New birthday cakes could be added too such as strawberry cream cake, rainbow cake, lemon cake...it could also even came with new harvestable like strawberries :shock:! New Pc-items that would work with this: bakery machine, stands to place the treats for sale and the new birthday cake! Omg, there can be so many wonderful thins with it im going to be too happy if we have this some day.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Hello Jadeleine :D

The Bakery could offer a range of Chocolates and Sweets :) It could have a Chocolate or Sweet counter.
    heart_open.jpg
    square_open.jpg
    cake3.jpg
    cake2.jpg
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Maybe, to tie into the Seasons EP, the Bakery could offer seasonal treats?
    Such as:
    Christmas Cookies
    MTS2_bienchen83_851971_sim2me_plaetzchen.jpg
    29wafya.jpg
    Easter Eggs and Bunnies
    bunny.jpg
    egg.jpg
    Halloween Mini Cakes
    MTS_fireflies-613441-PumpkinPastry3.JPG
    Valentines Day Cookies
    MTS_fireflies-441098-All3.jpg
    MTS_fireflies-441088-All2.JPG